View Poll Results: Is enough, enough?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I will still stick my with my Sprint Pre.

43 57.33%
  • Yes, I have had it. To much time has passed!

32 42.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I think it's simple marketing. Sell a basic model 1st then sell a slightly improved model, perhaps in different colors, then introduce the flagship product.

I expect Palm to introduce a 4G phone on Sprint. And that's what I'm waiting for.
    At this point, we don't know if this decision was driven by Sprint or by HPalm.
    I am kinda there with you, however, realize this may NOT be HPalm's doing -- it may be Sprint's doing. We never know what kind of wheeling and dealing goes on that we are not privvy too.

I highly doubt HPalm say down and made a decision what carriers they wanted to release on, then went and built a phone to satisfy that particular carrier's needs (radio, etc.).

The carriers have to be involved before contracts are signed for building devices, otherwise the carriers would have HPalm by the throat (or other body part). HPalm isn't going to just show up on VZW's doorstep and say "Hey, we got 5 million Pre 2's coming and we want you to release them in November".

So, I think we have a right to be upset there is no mention of Sprint, I don't think we have any idea where to cast the first stone.
    Remember our failed launch on Sprint? The one that got Palm in all this? Well, in my opinion thats probably why the Pre2 isnt a day 1 launch on sprint.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I was slightly surprised to see that Sprint wasn't mentioned in the press release, but I think it will hit Sprint sooner than later too.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    We should change the thread title to "Sprint users come on in and cry on eachothers shoulders"

I'm pretty bummed. I love the Pre form factor and to see a glass screen and better specs land on a more expensive carrier sucks. I have the original Pre and my wife and I have both had our share of shoddy hardware problems. I just keep taking real good care of mine hoping it will last.

I am guessing HP went with VZ because that is who they use for their corporate employee phone plans. Let's hope it is something like a Jan-March 3 month exclusivity for VZ and it will move to Sprint by Mid-2011.

Either that or maybe Sprint will land an HP webOS 4G phone? Time will tell, but it doesn't make the here and now much easier. I am looking forward to webOS 2.0 though!
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    I think it's simple marketing. Sell a basic model 1st then sell a slightly improved model, perhaps in different colors, then introduce the flagship product.

I expect Palm to introduce a 4G phone on Sprint. And that's what I'm waiting for.
    Fool you once (no plus pre) shame on Palm. Fool ya twice (no pre 2) shame on you.
    It is what it is. I'm not going to flame HP/Palm or Sprint. I'm sure they have reasons for whats going on. I am confident that eventually a new device will come to Sprint.... I am patiently waiting and will do so until my release day Pre breaks or until a new device comes out on Sprint....
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Just wait till next year. The super device will blow all these specs out of the water and it will come to Sprint. even if the Pre 2 comes to Sprint, im still not buying it. Then i'll have to wait for 2 years to get the super device lol.
    I just had a thought, maybe hp/palm or sprint has a surplus of the original palm pre and needs to keep selling them to get rid of all the inventory. If they got the new pre2 they may have trouble unloading the originals? This is just a crazy thought that popped into my head.
    meh.....I woke up this morning and THIS is what I found:

My Pre STILL-

Makes / receives phone calls
    Surfs the web
    Texts
    Has a calendar
    Runs my apps (I only have a few)
    Homebrew kernels and patches work
    etc.

So, I put it back in my pocket and got on with my day.

Just another perspective.
    Last edited by rlee2001; 10/19/2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I think this one is obvious. HP wants to steal the business market from RIM. They made the pre more business friendly (more solid build, better quality screen etc.) they made webOS 2.0 more business friendly, and they go for the network with the most business subscribers, Verizon. This makes perfect sense from HP's standpoint. Im sure HP will release phones for sprint with webos after CES but this push is because they want to get businesses looking at their product BEFORE verizon gets the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

My Pre STILL-

Surfs the web
    Texts
    Has a calendar
    etc.

+1

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I'm a sprint palm pre release day ownwer, and won't consider Sprint abandoning webos users, unless they have no webos phones available once the 2 year contract has expired.
    Most of the Sprint Pre users are eligible for upgrade after 12 months.
    As I expected, the palm pre 2 and webOS 2.0 look sexy regardless. But as much as I'd love to switch. Im just not going to. We have a family plan on sprint. Just got a pixi for my dad. Were not changen anything anytime soon other then my phone. HP/Palm screwed the largest user base for webOS.

The Palm Pre 2, will fail on Verizon its that simple. Whos fault was this?

Soo as the non sprint people will whine and say were all cry babies. Let me join a fellow sprint user and say. I need a hug
    Or this means Sprint will be getting the NEW phone in early 2011. I would rather get the new superphone rather than the pre2. Meanwhile I am getting an Evo from craigslist. Have sat on an upgrade since June, so might as well not use an upgrade now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    Or this means Sprint will be getting the NEW phone in early 2011. I would rather get the new superphone rather than the pre2. Meanwhile I am getting an Evo from craigslist. Have sat on an upgrade since June, so might as well not use an upgrade now.
    I seriously doubt that hp will put all this effort into a palm pre 2 to only toss it aside a couple months later for a new HP SUPER PHONE.

Now if your saying a Sprint Super Phone end of 2011? I can believe that. 4G will be preety much standard by the end of 2011 I think.

Ehh, im gonna go back to my cornor and sulk.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

My Pre STILL-

Surfs the web
    Texts
    Has a calendar
    etc.

I woke up this morning and found that 8 out of 10 times when I try to use the GPS it says location not found.
    Whenever I listen to music on headphones my phone gets stuck in headset mode.
    My wife's Pixi randomly shuts down.
    So no my Pre and my wife's Pixi are just not acceptable, when there are so many choices out there, I am eligible for an upgrade in December and if Palm can't offer me anything better on Sprint then I'm leaving for a company that can build a phone that actually works.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast