View Poll Results: Is enough, enough?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I will still stick my with my Sprint Pre.

43 57.33%
  • Yes, I have had it. To much time has passed!

32 42.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm earlier today......First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...I tried not to grill them btw and I let them no the obvius and that is that obviusly they can't spill all the beans for lack of better words...Also one other tidbit which I don't believe was verified is that the device that recently went through the FCC is indeed going to have a glass screen...if I find out more info will definitely share...Palm is a little more reliable than a Sprint rep...*
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'd rather that Sprint get the real device, not the Pre2. The Pre2 is a very minor spec bump. No thanks. Even if Sprint did get the Pre2, I'm not wasting my upgrade for it. I'll wait.
    LOL. This statement kills me every time I read it. A "minor" spec bump...that's the same as every flagship phone out there. M$ just release TEN phones with the same specs and those are "OMG! Phones", but the Pre is a "minor" spec bump. Truly comical...
    well my buddy who is a sprint rep seems to think that sprint wont jump on the next phone until they see results on another provider and results in the hardware department ! Just Sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm going to throw my Pre against a wall, that'll teach em.
    lol.... I'm doing the next best thing, nov.1st grab the epic on upgrade, for the next year own a pre minus and an epic. When next nov rolls back around, hopefully palm/hp/sprint all have their (beep) together and I'll upgrade back. Simple enough right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    LOL. This statement kills me every time I read it. A "minor" spec bump...that's the same as every flagship phone out there. M$ just release TEN phones with the same specs and those are "OMG! Phones", but the Pre is a "minor" spec bump. Truly comical...
    Here's why it's a minor spec bump in people's eyes.

First, it's run of the mill now. The only thing that gives the Evo a "flag ship" status is the screen.
    Every phone out there has these same specs or maybe a little more memory/ram.

Second, when is this Pre 2 due out? Because by the time it's out the next generation of phones will be on the way with even better specs.

Third, the form factor is the same and most people don't think that's a good choice. I will tell you, from a business stand point, for this Pre2 to look the exact same is stupid. The Pre form factor [with what happened to the Pre] is now synonymous with cheap crap. It's just stupid. You MIGHT be able to keep the current Pre owners for a while with the Pre 2 but I'm gonna promise you that the amount of people coming from other platforms or coming back to Webos after moving on will be negligible.

Finally, it's not good enough that WebOs get a phone that, for this month and the past two months, is considered equivalent to industry standard.
    It's not going to turn people's heads.
    It's not going to make people think twice before going with Android.
    It almost seems like they just want Precentral users to shut up so they're scrambling to throw something together [and maybe reuse some of the stock that I'm sure was overflow from Pres that didn't sell] just to rush into trying to compete.

Underdogs can't compete successfully in that manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I agree. Doubling the clock speed is pretty impressive by itself.
    I was in my Sprint store today and Ken said if a new Palm phone was coming to Sprint he would know two weeks prior. His employees need at least two weeks of training before it launches.
    Waiting patiently
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Here's why it's a minor spec bump in people's eyes.

First, it's run of the mill now. The only thing that gives the Evo a "flag ship" status is the screen.
    Every phone out there has these same specs or maybe a little more memory/ram.

Second, when is this Pre 2 due out? Because by the time it's out the next generation of phones will be on the way with even better specs.

Third, the form factor is the same and most people don't think that's a good choice. I will tell you, from a business stand point, for this Pre2 to look the exact same is stupid. The Pre form factor [with what happened to the Pre] is now synonymous with cheap crap. It's just stupid. You MIGHT be able to keep the current Pre owners for a while with the Pre 2 but I'm gonna promise you that the amount of people coming from other platforms or coming back to Webos after moving on will be negligible.
    Basically. People always throw the unchanging iPhone in people's face, but that device has become thinner, offered more features, and has the app catalog to back it up. Palm releases a device that is 1) not thinner 2) at what is now a low resolution, which DOES limit dev UI, and 3) has a design that many people hated and for many, had a crapton of issues with it (headphone, sticky keys, power button), and last, but not least, 4) severely lacks in the software department, not only from other devs, but from PALM.

They could have a made a thinner slider, a more refined device...but instead, they came out with this. So, personally, I'm hoping there's a much more compeititive product down the pipeline, but they also need to push more of what users can expect in webOS 2.0 based on reworked default apps and how they're perusing outside developer support.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Basically. People always throw the unchanging iPhone in people's face, but that device has become thinner, offered more features, and has the app catalog to back it up. Palm releases a device that is 1) not thinner 2) at what is now a low resolution, which DOES limit dev UI, and 3) has a design that many people hated and for many, had a crapton of issues with it (headphone, sticky keys, power button), and last, but not least, 4) severely lacks in the software department, not only from other devs, but from PALM.

They could have a made a thinner slider, a more refined device...but instead, they came out with this. So, personally, I'm hoping there's a much more compeititive product down the pipeline, but they also need to push more of what users can expect in webOS 2.0 based on reworked default apps and how they're perusing outside developer support.
    Yeah, the iPhone is a completely different monster in relation to the way Apple has run it.
    First of all they have the name, which sadly people buy into just because of.
    But they were also the first smartphone to have a centralized app center and the first for a lot of different aspects of what we now consider normal for the smartphone world.
    Being first allows you different rules, usually.

Don't misunderstand, it wouldn't technically be a bad thing for the Pre 2 to look the exact same if the first Pre was a good seller and wasn't plagued with the issues it has been.

But that's not the case.
    If the first iPhone was complete garbage you can bet your lucky stars that the next generation iPhone would look different. But that wasn't the cause.
    well,i was looking for a certain charger at my local sprint store,,when I seen they did not have it,i asked the manager why,,he said because we are getting ready for the new pre. So again just goes to show,,until something is announced,lets not jump off a building here.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    well,i was looking for a certain charger at my local sprint store,,when I seen they did not have it,i asked the manager why,,he said because we are getting ready for the new pre. So again just goes to show,,until something is announced,lets not jump off a building here.
    That doesn't make too much sense considering that pretty much all smartphones [less the iphone] have the same standard charger now [and I would have to say it would be one of the most ridiculously stupid things ever if they were to move to a proprietary charger].
    they cleared out touchstones at radioshack right before RS added the at&t ore plus that uses the same one.

margin on accessories is huge, so they clear out stuff all the time and still make money.

the next phone won't be moving to a proprietary charger. We already know it will use the same anemic battery.
    well just because it my be the same charging port,does not mean there are not different chargers they want to push on you. By different I just mean cosmetic,,new designs,,anything to make a buck because if it the newest latest,they know people will buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'd rather that Sprint get the real device, not the Pre2. The Pre2 is a very minor spec bump. No thanks. Even if Sprint did get the Pre2, I'm not wasting my upgrade for it. I'll wait.
    See I don't see the Pre 2 being a minor spec upgrade to a Sprint user.

Double the ram
    Double the processor
    Removes the Button
    Removed the Oreo (hoping)

I would say this is a minor spec bump to the Pre Plus editions but to the Pre it will get rid of the TMC
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    See I don't see the Pre 2 being a minor spec upgrade to a Sprint user.

Double the ram
    Double the processor
    Removes the Button
    Removed the Oreo (hoping)

I would say this is a minor spec bump to the Pre Plus editions but to the Pre it will get rid of the TMC

This is why people consider it a minor spec bump:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2716532-post26.html
    I won't be too terribly upset if the Pre 2 is on Verizon first, as long as Sprint gets it also within a reasonable period of time.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'm a sprint palm pre release day ownwer, and won't consider Sprint abandoning webos users, unless they have no webos phones available once the 2 year contract has expired.
    I've been with the Pre from day one. So you know where this is going. I've been on sprint becuz of the great cost but now to hear that the Pre2 is coming frist to verizon the same company that treated the pre plus like crap only to sell more Droid phones. Ugh! Why would Hp do that to us sprint/pre lovers. We better be gettin another better webos device or @ least a plus version of the Pre2. OMG!!!!!
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    Palm screwed its biggest base of users pretty good. No plus. No Pre 2.

Ruby is brilliant. I guess webOS 2.0 and a failed device update only warrant a short press release on the website. Sad...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast