Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    So it's because they're lazy. Great.
    It's simply human nature. It's how life works...

... and it's the ONE thing you can count on!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    So it's because they're lazy. Great.
    Yeah man, its a 9-5 and a paycheck.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Ill tell you a story about how apathetic some Reps have become to Palm.

Just yesterday I was told a story by the ONE and only Palm fan I know that works in store. She had a Pixi Plus and loved it. She too realized like many of us just how kickass WebOS is. She is shocked that these phones have been overlooked. Working there she has owned and used it all, she agrees with us that WebOS makes everything else look clumsy.

Anyway yesterday she tells me she got in a debate with a coworker about the Pre. A customer came in and asked for one and like we have read many times they were advised not to buy one and instead customer was sold a Samsung Facinate. At a later date that customer came back with problems and spoke to my friend. The customer told my friend how she originally wanted a Palm Pre but was steered away from it. Later my friend asked the Rep why he did that. The rep replies,

"The Palm's will get returned, they're crap, they are always coming in DOA". Meaning they are dead out of the box. She asks the Rep, what are you talking about? You know you have to hold down the power button. The Rep's like "yea yeah I know, they just don't turn on". Then she says..."Oh well you do know Palm is one of the only manufacturer that ships the phone with the Batteries installed, so because they have been sitting in their boxes for months the batteries were likely dead. You do realize you have to plug them in when you wanna do the activation?"

The Rep's response...."Oh....no I didn't know that"

So you see, some of these guys think's the phone are crap cause they wont turn on when they take one out to sell it. God knows how many sales were lost cause they just didn't charge the phone and sent it back to the warehouse DOA! Or worse yet didn't have the patience to wait for WebOS to load up. We all know how fast that is...*sarcasm*.
    Things sound grim. I was disappointed to see that Sprint might be AWOL on the launch of the Pre 2 and it looks like Verizon is going to be not much better if these anecdotal remarks are true. (Plus there's the whole rigamarole with the Pre Plus's cripple GPS.) So what's a Palm ****** to do? AT&T makes me shudder and it's been getting worse here in the Chicago area. And T-Mobile? They haven't had a Palm device since the Treo 600.
    I firmly believe that if HP didn't buy Palm, they'd be under by now, especially if they made it this far and released that phone. Everyone would just walk away. The only reason why anyone is still around is because HP has money and everyone has seen the comments of "something big really coming". If it weren't for those comments, Palm wouldn't have a chance at a future - which is probably why Rahul said what he said.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12