Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. fredc1's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
       #21  
    As it was explained to me by the repair guy, before the policy they would have not offered a free replacement on a phone that had been physically damaged even though the reason you wanted the phone replaced was unrelated to the physical damage. For instance, if you dropped the phone and cracked the screen, they would not have replaced the phone if the power button failed, even though a failed power button was a "known issue". They would have referred you to assurion and you would have to pay the $100 deductible. As of 11/1 that phone would get a free replacement.
  2. #22  
    Simplicity Works Best: New Sprint Policy Effective 10/23/10

    TEP Customers Can Enjoy:

    - Free Replacements due to: Manufacture Defects (things just stop working, no fault of end user) / Physical Damage (cracked housings, cracked LCD's, missing parts, wear & tear)

    - $100 deductible replacements due to: Liquid Damage / Lost or Stolen Device

    NON TEP Customers Can Enjoy:

    - Free Replacements due to: Manufacture Defects ONLY within first 30 Days of Purchase

    - Free Replacements due to: Manufacture Defects AFTER 30 Days of Purchase ONLY VIA Manufacture DIRECT (not in sprint store) and within 1st year of purchase

    - $35 Replacements due to: Manufacture Defects & Physical Damage IN-STORE (either in-store stock OR Advance Exchange 2-3 Day ordering)


    Friendly Advice - Make sure you have TEP = Hassle Free
  3. #23  
    help me out here.
    I got my son a new phone from HP's web site about three weeks ago.
    he busted up the screen and it won't take any input.
    I have TEP on his phone.
    will it cost my $100 to replase it now or will I get replacement for free under the new TEP.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    help me out here.
    I got my son a new phone from HP's web site about three weeks ago.
    he busted up the screen and it won't take any input.
    I have TEP on his phone.
    will it cost my $100 to replase it now or will I get replacement for free under the new TEP.
    -- Paypal me $100 and i will take care of it for you
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    help me out here.
    I got my son a new phone from HP's web site about three weeks ago.
    he busted up the screen and it won't take any input.
    I have TEP on his phone.
    will it cost my $100 to replase it now or will I get replacement for free under the new TEP.
    since you (or son) actually broke the phone it will cost you 100$ .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    since you (or son) actually broke the phone it will cost you 100$ .
    Now you can both Paypal me $100 each...


    P.S. - since i don't know either of you, i can't really tell if your ****ing with me or not... but i'll just leave it at that.
  7. #27  
    ty
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by theblizzard2009 View Post
    -- Paypal me $100 and i will take care of it for you
    I need your Paypal email addy and your password so I can send you money.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theblizzard2009 View Post
    Now you can both Paypal me $100 each...


    P.S. - since i don't know either of you, i can't really tell if your ****ing with me or not... but i'll just leave it at that.
    since you work for sprint you can just send me a new phone then please !!

    and i kind of doubt that if i break my phone and ask them to replace it that they will do so for free , at least if its obviously my fault its broken . but if that is the truth then great , im sure someone will chime in eventually that had to return their phone right ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #30  
    hold on here .
    I need the new phone he is sending you!!!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    since you work for sprint you can just send me a new phone then please !!

    and i kind of doubt that if i break my phone and ask them to replace it that they will do so for free , at least if its obviously my fault its broken . but if that is the truth then great , im sure someone will chime in eventually that had to return their phone right ?!
    I so confused
  12. #32  
    me too what is the actual new policy ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    since you work for sprint you can just send me a new phone then please !!

    and i kind of doubt that if i break my phone and ask them to replace it that they will do so for free , at least if its obviously my fault its broken . but if that is the truth then great , im sure someone will chime in eventually that had to return their phone right ?!
    Well "read" my friend. Actually i was happy to order an Advance Exchange for a customer last week who obliterated the LCD on his Instinct HD.

    Policy is Policy, physical damage is now covered at no charge... Trust me, i'm waaay happier with this change than even the customer; I'm on the front-line here everyday...

    TEP customers of course.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    me too what is the actual new policy ??
    Post #22
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by theblizzard2009 View Post
    Well "read" my friend. Actually i was happy to order an Advance Exchange for a customer last week who obliterated the LCD on his Instinct HD.



    Policy is Policy, physical damage is now covered at no charge... Trust me, i'm waaay happier with this change than even the customer; I'm on the front-line here everyday...

    TEP customers of course.
    should I take it to the store or call it in ?
  16. #36  
    So...

    I have the busted USB door and a crack running across my screen from it. *BUT* they've refused to replace it in the past because I had dropped it in a parking lot and the corner near the power button is cracked (completly unrelated to the USB / screen issue - separated by 4 or 5 months).

    This change is saying that now I *can* get my phone replaced? Yes, I am a TEP person, been paying since I got my Pre just about exactly a year ago now.


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 11/07/2010 at 05:22 PM.
  17. #37  
    YES.



    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    So...

    I have the busted USB door and a crack running across my screen fromit. *BUT* they've refused to replace it in the past because I had dropped it in a parking lot and the corner near the power butting is cracked (completly unrelated to the USB / screen issue - separated by 4 or 5 months).

    This change is saying that now I *can* get my phone replaced? Yes, I am a TEP person, been paying since I got my Pre just aboit exactly a year ago now.


    M.
  18. #38  
    look here
    Protection Solutions

    do they need to change this page.
  19. #39  
    so if i break my phone and don't have the TEP = i pay 35 for replacement

    but if i have the TEP coverage = i pay nothing to replace broken phone

    this is if i damage or drop or whatever .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is if i damage or drop or whatever .

    That's exactly what I'm trying to find out since *both* apply to my phone. Known hardware issue with the busted USB door and screen crack from there (sometime in the mid-spring), *AND* me dropping it in a Target parking lot (last X-Mas).

    The Sprint Store by me won't take it because of the damage I did regardless of the hardware defect. I last took it to them in September.



    M.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions