1.    #1  
    My 3rd pre just crashed and I will be receiving a 4th on Tuesday. Does anyone know what it takes for Sprint to send me a phone other than the Pre? I'm tired of spending hours at the Sprint store and even more tired of the myriad of problems I've encountered with the Pre.

EDIT: Sorry, by crashed I just mean it had significant enough problems to qualify for a replacement..all 3 phones have had different issues.

Also, to be clear, I love the Pre when it works, but that hasn't been very often for me.
    Last edited by theywererobots; 10/09/2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: miswording
    Quote Originally Posted by theywererobots View Post
    My 3rd pre just crashed and I will be receiving a 4th on Tuesday. Does anyone know what it takes for Sprint to send me a phone other than the Pre? I'm tired of spending hours at the Sprint store and even more tired of the myriad of problems I've encountered with the Pre.
    Uh, it's actually *impossible* for the pre to "crash" unless your Flash memory failed (next to impossible) and there have been no reports of that. If you have badly written apps and\or unstable patches, a trip to the Doc will fix you right up.
    I'm curious here if you are always going to the same store when you have a problem and getting perhaps a rep that doesn't know whats happening. I had to get my Pre replaced last week (not the fault of the device :/). Only problem with the original pre was the doubletap issue that was mostly fixed with the OS update. So far Zero issues with the new Pre (ok well I don't use GPS on the phone so won't address that).
    So I'm rather amazed at the number of people here that talk about being on Pre #x.
    Can you define what you mean by "crashing"? Did it just stop functioning? Is it not rebooting correctly? Did it just freeze up and need to be reset? More details please.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    theywererobots, PM sent.
  5.    #5  
    The latest phone was stuck in 'offline mode,' which I realized has been addressed in the forums frequently..tried multiple things to no avail (the tech couldn't get it out either). Other problems I've encountered with previous Pre's include not being able to hear people on the other line, not being able to end calls, not being able to answer calls, phone turning itself off, keyboard being sketchy and obviously horrible battery life. I know there were some other minor issues but I cant think of them at the moment.
    And yes, I have been taking it to the same store (there's only 1 where i live).
    I just don't feel like I have the time/energy to repeatedly address these issues.
    Eventually, Sprint will offer you a different device. However, it won't be anything great. They'll offer you a "comparable device". From what I've read here, Sprint may offer you a Samsung Moment or a HTC Hero.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.