Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a clue what Sprint is announcing tomorrow? Sprint is supposed to be having a huge announcement tomorrow, the Retail Store are going to be having morning trainings, and we are all wondering what it could be.

Many different possibilities have gone threw our minds.

1. Apple is bringing the iPhone to Sprint. (they did just order a bunch of CDMA iPhones)
    2.The Blackberry Pad or "Playbook"
    3. (which seems just as far fetched as the other two) HP is launching their new Palm Hardware.

We are all very anxious thinking of what could happen tomorrow. Everyone is on lock down higher up in Sprint and we can't seem to find any talk online about it. So does anyone know?
    1. Not a slight chance... Verizon will go first if that ever happens.
    2. The Playbook would land on Sprint if it had a 4G radio in it, but since it is only on WiFi then I don't see how this is going to tie with Sprint. Unless they are making a Playbook 4G announcement.
    3. New Palm hardware? I doubt it. HP Palm will be the first ones to announce it, not Sprint.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I was not aware of a planned Sprint announcement, where did you hear about that?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    1. Verizon already said they will not be getting the new iPhone in their latest annoincement. The CEO, among other Executives, has made it clear it's not happening any time soon. They want access to think Apple won't give them access to.

2. Is it hard to believe they have Multiple hardware configs

3. Why would HP come with Sprint. They partnered on the Pre and it would keep the product hidden until the announcement. If HP or Palm had a big presentation to make we would all know exactly what it was. HP likes to keep things hidden.

I did say they where far fetched and that I was seeking the answer. Does anyone have something more likely?

The last time Sprint did this was for the Launch of the Evo and even then we new it was coming. We are completely in the dark on this one. It just makes you wonder.
    Do you work for Sprint in a retail store? If so, it would seem you would have more access to info than anyone...

Go hogtie your manager until they fess up...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I was not aware of a planned Sprint announcement, where did you hear about that?
    My SAR called this morning. He knows that I am in on the different forums and typically hear the insider information. I can't find anything. He said in his 10 yrs at Sprint he hasn't been left in the dark.

On their regional call they announced it to them, but they wouldn't tell them what.

He also said that everyone has been left out except the need to know people. They are supposed to be- shutting down/opening early/calling a meeting- at the Retail Stores tomorrow for it. It's just weird.
    when it comes to leak info, take no prisoners! tell your co-workers to "hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband" cause...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Do you work for Sprint in a retail store? If so, it would seem you would have more access to info than anyone...

Go hogtie your manager until they fess up...
    Nope, I work at a Indirect Service Center. I called this morning with a question and he asked me if I had heard anything online. He's been searching it and also came up empty.
    Maybe it has nothing to do with new phones. Seems unlikely, but how about a merger with TMobile, that would warrant meetings and secrecy?

Just doing some searches I came accross this which is pretty sad:
    2010 Developer Conference
    Not that a sprint developer conference is that big of a deal, but still they will have representation for winmo, blackberry, and android, but not one mention anywhere for webos.
    Maybe the next device whenever it comes will be going to Verizon, who knows.

I've got nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    Maybe it has nothing to do with new phones. Seems unlikely, but how about a merger with TMobile, that would warrant meetings and secrecy?
    I was actually thinking the same thing...maybe something dovetailing with the announcement last week that Hesse was no longer on the Clearwire board...

Sprint switching from Wimax to LTE and joining with T-Mo...although not sure what "training" that would require.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Whatever it is, I am just excited to know that something cool is coming out on Sprint!
    Edit: or even if Tmobile's coming out on sprint LOL
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    when it comes to leak info, take no prisoners! tell your co-workers to "hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband" cause...
    they "word I shouldn't use on a PG-13 forum" everybody out here!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/05/2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Please do not post around the auto censor
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    Not sure about a merger with TMo or not, but the merger or new partnership angle makes sense, given the recent resignation by 3 Sprint execs from the board of Clearwire and citing "anti-trust" reasons which do not yet exist.

A Sprint-Comcast deal?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Not sure about a merger with TMo or not, but the merger or new partnership angle makes sense, given the recent resignation by 3 Sprint execs from the board of Clearwire and citing "anti-trust" reasons which do not yet exist.

A Sprint-Comcast deal?
    Oh, Lord I hope it isn't another merger, the whole Nextel merger left a bad taste in my mouth. It was a mess and in my opinion Sprint got more headaches from the deal than anything. That and I felt really kind of Bad watching Sprint slowly weed out all the old Nextel Employees. We sold both Prior to the Merger so we saw it from both sides.
    Last edited by neobaptist; 10/05/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post

A Sprint-Comcast deal?
    Sprint held 7 of the 13 seats on Clearwires board they still hold 4 seats and the option to name the 3 replacements. Sprint does own 54% of Clearwire. There have been as many rumors about Sprint 4G as there have been about Palm and new phones.
    So the only word that anything is happening tommorrow is from "sprint insiders" ? And those insiders, just know somthing is happening but do not have a clue what is happening. Could it ever occur that it really is just nothing at all?

What is lead to believe that this is somthing huge?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Announcing tiered data maybe? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by RStock521 View Post
    Announcing tiered data maybe? haha
    There announcing a pending annoucment of annoucments to come.

Untill I see anything hardcore, I won't be holding my breath.
    I just stopped by a sprint store and briefly spoke with two associates who gave conflicting reports/theories (surprise surprise)

one guy said they had no idea what was going on and were anxious to find out. He said there was some "buzz" (my words) at the store as the employees were trying to guess what the announcement tomorrow was going to be about because it was pretty unusual that Sprint would mention an announcement internally but not give any details... he said his guess was further 4G rollouts-- cities that Sprint would try to get into by the end of 2010... I asked specifically about the Iphone and a new Palm phone-- he said that the Iphone rumor popped up recently and with exclusivity ending that it was a possibility... he had no problem simply denying that it could be a new Palm phone... bummer

the other employee I spoke with made it sound like it was business as usual and that there was nothing to be excited about-- talk about a debbie downer...

they both did mention the possibility of the Galaxy Tab... and they both mentioned that there will be 2 announcements in October, with the first one coming tomorrow

I guess we'll all find out tomorrow
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast