Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Any chance this has something to do with the Facebook announcement planned for tomorrow?
    Very good point
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Well we can rule out a Palm Facebook phone, we already got that.
    too bad...they have an existing meme for marketing.

*facepalm
    9670?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brysull; 10/05/2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    OP, where are you hearing there is a meeting tomorrow? I'm sitting right here in the tech room of my store checking my email and there is no announcement of a meeting tomorrow morning. Checked with manager, they didn't get a notice either.

In either case, as I said the last time there was a wednesday meeting, THEY WILL NOT ANNOUNCE A NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL STORES BEFORE THEY DO A PRESS RELEASE! They never officially notify stores of new products until a couple days after a official press release in a general email.

Wednesday meetings either indicate plan changes, changes in leadership, or administrative changes. NOT NEW PRODUCTS!
    Like I said, he had know clue what is was. I was speculating Hardware. He just wanted to know if I had heard anything in general. And there hasn't been an official email. He was told on a call about it.

Dang I was hoping someone new something. I just txt and asked him if he had dug anything up, his response was "nothing here". That's how it goes sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    Like I said, he had know clue what is was. I was speculating Hardware. He just wanted to know if I had heard anything in general. And there hasn't been an official email. He was told on a call about it.

Dang I was hoping someone new something. I just txt and asked him if he had dug anything up, his response was "nothing here". That's how it goes sometime.
    Did you mention about the blackberry press release?
    The return of the Sero plans?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    yep
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Did you mention about the blackberry press release?
    He originally suggested the possibility of the Playbook (AKA Blackberry Pad) being announced for Sprint. As far as a phone goes it could be a CDMA 9800 or the 9670. After talking to him a bit more I can tell he's just as much in the dark as we are unfortunately.

As far as price plan, policy, and personal changes we didn't figure they would had mentioned it to them or that they would have training for it. SAR's really only deal with Service and Repair side of Sprint. I'm not sure if they would had mentioned it to them if it wouldn't had concerned them. But it's a cell phone company they usually have no rhyme or reason for what they do and don't do.

I kind of wish he wouldn't had told me know because if it's something dumb I'm going to be really disappointed.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not sure but the site is up if you can get an employee e-mail and the last three digits of the employee number. I txt him about it, no response yet.

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    I think the SERO plans idea was spot on.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    This has also been brought up on the Sprint Forums, so other people have heard about the announcement at least.

sprint big announcment - SprintUsers.com

They have nothing but speculation either, unless the user is from this forum it at least confirms something is happening. (and I promise I am not: "sprintknowall" - which is kind of ironic for the post)
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    Maybe it has nothing to do with new phones. Seems unlikely, but how about a merger with TMobile, that would warrant meetings and secrecy?

Just doing some searches I came accross this which is pretty sad:
    2010 Developer Conference
    Not that a sprint developer conference is that big of a deal, but still they will have representation for winmo, blackberry, and android, but not one mention anywhere for webos.
    Maybe the next device whenever it comes will be going to Verizon, who knows.

I've got nothing.
    yes it does it says:

Attendees will learn how to leverage the full suite of open development capabilities available from Sprint for:

* Mobile Devices (Android, Mobile Java, Palm Web OS, RIM Blackberry, Web Development, Windows Mobile, etc)
    * Network/Product Capabilities (LBS, Messaging, M2M, 4G, etc)
    Sprint is announcing that every 100th person, who reviews their contract, gets a SPECIAL PM from Verwon Buttercup or Blaize Babycakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Sprint is announcing that every 100th person, who reviews their contract, gets a SPECIAL PM from Verwon Buttercup or Blaize Babycakes!
    Call HAZMAT... worthless content is leaking out of Off-Topic. Get back in there where you belong! Begone!
    i was just talking to my boy (he works for their call center n boa) and he didn't know about the meeting until i told him he asked his higher ups i guess and they said no one will know until tomorrow....
    Sprint has already said they would carry the Galaxy tab.
    How about the new Sanyo/Kyocera Zio Android phone?
    My guess: it'll be regarding new/modified calling plan(s).

The current plans are getting old.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    My source said samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Sprint has already said they would carry the Galaxy tab.
    How about the new Sanyo/Kyocera Zio Android phone?
    That is not new. I hope not.
    I'm hearing it's the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Also have heard murmurs of the BB Torch coming to Sprint very soon.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast