Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    I just stopped by a sprint store and briefly spoke with two associates who gave conflicting reports/theories (surprise surprise)

one guy said they had no idea what was going on and were anxious to find out. He said there was some "buzz" (my words) at the store as the employees were trying to guess what the announcement tomorrow was going to be about because it was pretty unusual that Sprint would mention an announcement internally but not give any details... he said his guess was further 4G rollouts-- cities that Sprint would try to get into by the end of 2010... I asked specifically about the Iphone and a new Palm phone-- he said that the Iphone rumor popped up recently and with exclusivity ending that it was a possibility... he had no problem simply denying that it could be a new Palm phone... bummer

the other employee I spoke with made it sound like it was business as usual and that there was nothing to be excited about-- talk about a debbie downer...

they both did mention the possibility of the Galaxy Tab... and they both mentioned that there will be 2 announcements in October, with the first one coming tomorrow

I guess we'll all find out tomorrow
    I got 5$ on Business as Usual. Whos with me? Anyone want to run the pool?

I have to go get a haircut right next to the sprint store, ill give a run in to the manager I know there. He won't tell me anything we don't already know ^ see above...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    THe training would be to practice saying, "This is T-Mobile , can I help you."
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I got 5$ on Business as Usual. Whos with me? Anyone want to run the pool?

I have to go get a haircut right next to the sprint store, ill give a run in to the manager I know there. He won't tell me anything we don't already know ^ see above...
    No one store level is going to know what is going on, but I know something is. I'm good friends with this guy (or he wouldn't had asked me). SAR's are above Store management (I mean he said his bosses boss, sorry I'm not giving names, told them on their call). He said he knew but wouldn't tell them anything. He may not know anything either.

My Friend seemed like a mix of excitement and uncertainty, but something is going to be announced tomorrow.

With all the Employees that Sprint has let go over the past couple years I would say very few people really know. I think there's only 30-40 SARS (if that) left and it gets rarer on up. I was just hoping someone had heard something.
    That's new news to me... I'm thinking it might not be something we wanna know(IMO)

However, I'm going to remain optimistic about it. :-D
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    THe training would be to practice saying, "This is T-Mobile , can I help you."
    We discussed this possibility almost two years ago. T-Mobile wanted to buy and Sprint was willing to sell (I think it was even pre-Hesse). The FCC stepped in and wouldn't allow the sale. There where many reason's why, the biggest one was that the FCC didn't want such a large amount of the US cellular market controlled by the German Gov. Maybe that has changed but I think we could find something to show that talks had been taking place, not to mention the FCC would have had to sign off on the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    when it comes to leak info, take no prisoners! tell your co-workers to "hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband" cause...
    You sir, win +1 internets today

New Blackberry. Heard it from a Sprint Manager, he's training retail employees tomorrow. [EDIT...Not for Boost like I wrote earlier.] I'm trying to get a model number or Sprint code from him.
    Last edited by brysull; 10/05/2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brysull View Post
    New Blackberry phone. Heard it from a Sprint Manager, he's training retail employees tomorrow.
    And there goes our bubble. Its like pop goes the rumor in the palm world...
    Blackberry Curve 9350 for Boost mobile phone. Heard it from a Sprint Manager, he's training retail employees tomorrow.

Also found the link...

newsroom DOT sprint DOT com slash article_display DOT cfm?article_id=1654
    Thanks for the find!

And there goes our bubble. Its like pop goes the rumor in the palm world...
    Was there really a bubble to pop?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks for the find!

Was there really a bubble to pop?
    Every rumor has its bubble... this is just another one to add to the chest.

Let me start another one; perhaps this isn't the annoucment, considering this isn't "tommorrow" as the op suggests. This news article was posted today, not tommorow... rawr
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Blackberry Curve 9350 for Boost mobile phone. Heard it from a Sprint Manager, he's training retail employees tomorrow.

Also found the link...

Do you really think Sprint is gonna leave their SAR's in the Dark over a Boost phone they already have on Sprint. It's just coming to Boost and Boost already has a Blackberry what is there to train?

And do you think they will waste money announcing it at CTIA? Good try by the manager, but like I said if my SAR doesn't know a store manager wouldn't either; unless they have high connections.
    Originally Posted by brysull View Post

Also found the link...

[EDIT...Not for Boost like I wrote earlier.]

It is a NEW Blackberry. I'm trying to get a model number or Sprint code from him.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Companies calling an all employee announcement do not usually give a press release the day before of their announcement.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Maybe it's the 9800 coming to Sprint, I could see that since tomorrow is CTIA's Enterprise and Application segment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    Companies calling an all employee announcement do not usually give a press release the day before of their announcement.
    But did they call all employees? LOL.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    But did they call all employees? LOL.
    They did for the Evo and as you can see I don't post much. And I wouldn't had put it out there without a good source. Rumors go around weekly at Sprint. This could be something stupid getting announced but something is going to be announced and Sprint is keeping it hush.
    Last edited by neobaptist; 10/05/2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    OP, where are you hearing there is a meeting tomorrow? I'm sitting right here in the tech room of my store checking my email and there is no announcement of a meeting tomorrow morning. Checked with manager, they didn't get a notice either.

In either case, as I said the last time there was a wednesday meeting, THEY WILL NOT ANNOUNCE A NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL STORES BEFORE THEY DO A PRESS RELEASE! They never officially notify stores of new products until a couple days after a official press release in a general email.

Wednesday meetings either indicate plan changes, changes in leadership, or administrative changes. NOT NEW PRODUCTS!
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    Any chance this has something to do with the Facebook announcement planned for tomorrow?
    Blackberry tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Any chance this has something to do with the Facebook announcement planned for tomorrow?
    Well we can rule out a Palm Facebook phone, we already got that.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast