Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Success? Failure?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I think anyone past their 30 day period will not have any luck. I would love to have my SERO plans back. All the new plan gave me was a ton more minutes which I never use.
    well when i finally switched from my sero plan, they told me i couldnt go back because sero plan is discontinued and replaced with ERP plans. since this sero premium is an active plan they better let me get, i just switched a few months ago and my account type should still show that it was sero account.
    Would Corporate Discounts apply to the already low SERO plan? Or does the SERO plan not qualify for further discount?
    They say no discounts may be applied but I've heard of people getting them anyway.
    I just contacted them and they said only if you already have a SERO plan can you get a new (Oct 1st) SERO plan. You can't transfer from a normal plan to a SERO plan.

Obviously, I'm going to try anyway.

10/03/2010 03:12:44PM Agent (Scott S): "In order to change your rate plan, please email everythingreferral@sprint.com or call Sprint Care at 888-876-8381. Keep in mind the following: new SERO Premium rate plans will not launch until 10/1/10. Only customers already on a SERO rate plan will be eligible to move to the new SERO Premium rate plans".
    how does a person qualify for this plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    You have to be a current SERO user to be eligible. At least that's my take on it.

Originally, you'd have to be referred by a Sprint Employee, and given their Email address and a CID (3 digit number). This is publicly available from one Sprint employee online.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/03/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Supposedly these plans aren't available anymore. A little over a year ago, they stopped the SERO program and replaced it with the EPRP program. The EPRP program isn't worth it, imo. A regular plan with discounts gets it under the EPRP price. EPRP doesn't support discounts.

So, for SERO premium, you need to still be on the old SERO and then add on the $10 premium data. The only people I can see getting back on SERO are people who were on the old SERO plan. Even then it's a long shot. I'll be spending my day tomorrow trying this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    The only people I can see getting back on SERO are people who were on the old SERO plan. Even then it's a long shot.
    Yeah that's what I thought to.

But...

They say no discounts may be applied but I've heard of people getting them anyway.
    A random guy on the internet posted some information. So I'm going to trust it and try to get a discounted SERO plan anyway. Of course I'm going to tell Sprint that a Sprint Employee told me so. .
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought to.

But...

A random guy on the internet posted some information. So I'm going to trust it and try to get a discounted SERO plan anyway. Of course I'm going to tell Sprint that a Sprint Employee told me so. .
    Please let me know if it works! That way I'll tell Sprint that other customers have gotten it
    Please let me know if it works! That way I'll tell Sprint that other customers have gotten it
    Will do!
    if I could get on the new SERO plan, I might even give sprint a try.
    This is gonna **** a lot of people off; and the ones who are gonna be ****ed off are the people who had SERO (like me(3years)) and waited and waited, but realized that sprint would never allow a webcentric phone (android,webos) on SERO; so they finally switched to the Everything Referral plus plans. (which i did about 4 months ago to get the pixi).

I see articles saying sprint did this so the people who are holding out and still on sero wont leave sprint. Are you kidding me sprint has the best pricing for regular plans bar none, so why the hell would these holdouts (who put up with not getting a new advanced phone) leave sprint when they wont even get a new phone for a more expensive plan.

They should allow anyone who was previously on a Sero plan and was forced to switch due to upgrading to an android or webos device within the last year an owppurtunity to get their sero plan back. why should they be penalized and the holdouts be rewarded?

honestly i dont know why sprint would do this, ecspecially now since they were so adamant that webos and android phones not being sero. in fact they are shooting themselves in the foot because for the extra 10 dollars they are charging sero customers to get an android or webos phone, they are also getting sprint navigation and any mobile anytime (which sero plans did not include) in addition to having a phone that will probably quadruple their data usage.
    I tried 3 times, different reps, all said not possible. Not even the $20/24mo credit that they used to offer is valid anymore. I'm even out of contract and asked to be put in a 2yr agreement under the SERO Premium 500 and they said no. I used to be on SERO until about 3 months ago, I'm so mad!!!!

There have been several success stories posted elsewere but no luck for me .

:'(
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  16.    #16  
    I would love to hear about the success stories!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I tried 3 times, different reps, all said not possible. Not even the $20/24mo credit that they used to offer is valid anymore. I'm even out of contract and asked to be put in a 2yr agreement under the SERO Premium 500 and they said no. I used to be on SERO until about 3 months ago, I'm so mad!!!!

There have been several success stories posted elsewere but no luck for me .

:'(
    That really sucks. Can you post links to the success stories? If you provide links to these success stories to Sprint, it's more likely they'll give it back to you. Giving special treatment to one customer over another is unfair. Well, unless you weren't on SERO before.
    I had SERO for almost three years, held out and waited and waited and eventually upgraded to ERP to get the Pre. I talked to a handful of customer care reps, business relations reps, and employee relations reps (most of them had no idea what SERO even is so I had to explain it to them, and they transferred me all over Sprint Care). Call managers all said it couldn't be done.

Here is the e-mail conversation and response I had after all these calls:

Kevin,
    Thank you for contacting Everything Referral. Upon reviewing your
    account I do have to inform you that we would not have the ability to
    provide you with the Sero Premium Plan Program as no longer qualify for
    the Sero Program. We would not want to lose you as a customer but if
    you do decide to move to a different carrier you have the month of
    October to make the change with no early termination fees. After October
    31, 2010 if you then decide to cancel early term fees would apply. I
    apologize for the issue.
    Sincerely,
    Sandy L
    Bristol Va
    ------------------------
    Hello,

I spoke yesterday to quite a few different Customer Care reps (online
    and via phone) and eventually a floor supervisor about the recently
    announced SERO Premium option for SERO customers. I had hoped that
    since I had been on SERO for a few years and upgraded to Everything Plus
    only to be able to use the Palm Pre, that I should still be eligible for
    the SERO P option. I wasn't quite in the mood to chastise the
    supervisor who admittedly said she knew little about the SERO/EP plans
    (to all of the reps I talked to, I had to explain what SERO even was),
    she only said that it was a policy decision not to allow customers who
    "upgraded" to EP "back" on to SERO.

Knowing it wasn't her decision to not allow me to go "back" to what was
    referred to as an older plan, I thanked her and ended the call.
    However, I still want to express the rather discontent feeling I have
    that I'm being punished by losing an otherwise available $20/mo discount
    (from $60 EP to $40 SEROP) for being an early adopter of (what was at
    the time) Sprint's new flagship device. Had I lagged behind with my
    Rant, I'd still be eligible for this upgrade and the option to use
    Sprint's newer phones.

I'd love to be able to stick with Sprint on the SERO P plan. But if it
    is 100% impossible for me to get on the SERO P plan then I'll just
    switch to T-Mobile's 500 Talk/unlimited text plan with data add-on for
    $50/mo instead of my current $60.

Thanks for taking the time to consider,
    Kevin
    So no dice there either. I'm about to give up. At this point I'm more upset about being screwed over than losing the "deal" I'm getting. SERO was a deal, ERP not so much.
    And for what it's worth...

mcguireslaw dot com/2010/10/04/unfortunately-the-answer-is-no/
  20.    #20  
    sprint is not being too nice about this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast