Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The offering this now is going to do more damage than good for sprint, i can guarantee it. I dare someone to tell me one positive outcome for sprint to decide to offer this now.
    Ok so here's a big YMMV, but I called Sprint to cancel today over this issue. At my local Sprint store, they gave me a special number (not customer care) to call - 866 789 1057 option 4. I explained to the rep that I had been calling care a few times as well as e-mailing everythingplus@sprint to get on Sero P but wasn't able to (explained that I used to have SERO and only upgraded to EP to get the Pre). He asked if I was happy with my current service but that I felt it was too pricey, and I said yes. He asked if I knew anyone who worked at IBM (?) but I didn't. He put me on hold for a while and when he came back, offered a 25% discount recurring monthly discount.

I have EP500 for $60, which with the new discount will be $45/mo (pretty close to SEROP).

This was all just coming from the rep, but he transferred me to his manager and the manager explained the whole thing over to me again. I have to wait a few days for an e-mail to verify and then it should be on my next statement. I'll let you guys know the name of the discount as soon as I can, but it might be a while since I have to wait for my statement (you might be able to call in and ask for it).

I'll post again once it's all done and the discount is applied. They both said it would stay indefinitely, not a 24-month thing. I'd be careful trying to do this though, I called Sprint after I (legit) activated a T-Mobile plan (which I now have to cancel, ugh). I'm not sure if this is something they're instructed to offer all dissatisfied EP customers or I just got lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by pumexpo View Post
    Ok so here's a big YMMV, but I called Sprint to cancel today over this issue. At my local Sprint store, they gave me a special number (not customer care) to call - 866 789 1057 option 4. I explained to the rep that I had been calling care a few times as well as e-mailing everythingplus@sprint to get on Sero P but wasn't able to (explained that I used to have SERO and only upgraded to EP to get the Pre). He asked if I was happy with my current service but that I felt it was too pricey, and I said yes. He asked if I knew anyone who worked at IBM (?) but I didn't. He put me on hold for a while and when he came back, offered a 25% discount recurring monthly discount.

I have EP500 for $60, which with the new discount will be $45/mo (pretty close to SEROP).

This was all just coming from the rep, but he transferred me to his manager and the manager explained the whole thing over to me again. I have to wait a few days for an e-mail to verify and then it should be on my next statement. I'll let you guys know the name of the discount as soon as I can, but it might be a while since I have to wait for my statement (you might be able to call in and ask for it).

I'll post again once it's all done and the discount is applied. They both said it would stay indefinitely, not a 24-month thing. I'd be careful trying to do this though, I called Sprint after I (legit) activated a T-Mobile plan (which I now have to cancel, ugh). I'm not sure if this is something they're instructed to offer all dissatisfied EP customers or I just got lucky.
    They gave u a company discount on top of your plan to make it cheaper basically. I have a 27% discount on my account, I have the everything data plan 450mins. My bill is $67 a month with tep and taxes.
    Last edited by m3grady2; 10/14/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Yeah, it was the IBM 25% discount. Whatever, I'll take it. Brings it down to $5 more than SEROP before tep/tax. I guess I just got a good rep (finally).
    update: got an e-mail from Sprint that they couldn't further discount the EPRP plans, so it turns out I won't be getting that 25% off after all.
    update: got an e-mail from Sprint that they couldn't further discount the EPRP plans, so it turns out I won't be getting that 25% off after all.
    I wonder if they have the power to apply the IBM discount for the standard everything data.
    $52.50 for everything data wouldn't be a terrible deal (still not $40 SEROP).
    still is less than the $60 EPRP (losing 50 anytime minutes).
    That's why I was surprised on your first post, I have EPRP (from a SERO) and you can't discount them.
    I thought about getting the EP 450 for $70 but decided to get the EPRP 500 for $60, I'd rather save $240 or 2 years instead of getting premier status and 50 fewer minutes a month (although I rarely go over 100 AT minutes).
    You should jump onto the regular $69.99 plan and take the 25% discount. You'll be put on the Sprint Premier program, giving you upgrades every 1 year AND it'll be cheaper than EPRP.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I have two sprint lines. I have a line I only use for tethering when I travel that is on sero. My voice line was ported when I got the Pre. I'm awaiting reply from sprint, but do you think they would move the Pre over to Sero P since I currently have an active Sero phone?
  10.    #30  
    I think there is a good chance if you find the right rep
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The reply I got from the everthingreferall email was: denied. The line must already be on a sero plan in order to convert to sero p making sero p only good for people that haven't upgraded to the Pre yet.
  12.    #32  
    Cancel pre...
    then add to sero?
    I would think if you called sprint and complained (and talked to the right rep) it would work. Tell them you dont want to cancel but...
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12