Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    For those of you that were riding the gravy train like I was with a jumbo family plan and getting the % off each add a line ... the party is over. Sprint changed their discount policy last month, so watch your bills.
    Just got off the phone with customer care and because the discount is an 'add on' and not a term/agreement, it does NOT make the line eligible for early termination with no fee.

It was GREAT while it lasted

=========================================================
    Discount Policy Change Notice
    Effective 8/27/10, discounts will no longer apply to the monthly recurring charge for Add-a-Phone lines beyond the first two lines on family or share plans. The primary and second lines will continue to receive discounts.
    Oh that's pretty super lame.

I wanted to pick up a third line on my family plan with the discount applied to it... *SIGH*
    that's funny,i never got that notice,i had my plan annalized yesterday,,told me I have perfect plan,new bill came and everything still the same
    you posted effective 8/27,,i am not doubting what you are saying,,vut I have 5 lines,,most recent bill came in today,,everything still the same.
    Yeah mine appears to be the same as well... Someone else reported this lately and I thought they found out it was a problem with their company's agreement not necessarily a everyone's screwed now ordeal.
    I am online on my sprint account right now,,line 3,4,5 are the same price they have always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    that's funny,i never got that notice,i had my plan annalized yesterday,,told me I have perfect plan,new bill came and everything still the same
    Ouch! That's gotta hurt.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    you posted effective 8/27,,i am not doubting what you are saying,,vut I have 5 lines,,most recent bill came in today,,everything still the same.
    my billing cycle ends on the 26th of each month.

I only get my bills electronically, so I never actually look at the bill, I just know how much it is. This month it increased and I realized the discount was gone on the add-a-lines.
    Went back to my August online bill to the link at the very bottom: Important Information Relating To Your Sprint Bill

~pics or it didn't happen~ evidence attached it's in the third section on the left side of the screen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I noticed this as well. Nice getting stuck with a higher bill. I have 20% and currently have 7 lines. Suddenly my bill jumps up $20. Pretty crappy. I won't leave Sprint because I have been allocated 10 lines, and with my plan I still pay much less than I would on any other carrier with the same plan, but it does **** me off. If they follow Verizon and AT&T and come at us with tiered data plans and caps next, I'm going to have serious issues. I really hope the carriers don't start to leverage their standing and up the rates while decreasing their service.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I currently have 9 active lines and my discount is 27%. My bill went up 37.80 + taxes.
    I think I still get a good deal. With insurance on each phone, it comes to roughly 38.00/line on the family data share plan.
    I don't want to leave Sprint, they've been good to me over the last 10+ years.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I currently have 9 active lines and my discount is 27%. My bill went up 37.80 + taxes.
    I think I still get a good deal. With insurance on each phone, it comes to roughly 38.00/line on the family data share plan.
    I don't want to leave Sprint, they've been good to me over the last 10+ years.
    My feelings exactly. I can tell you that I'm going to keep a much closer eye on things from now on though.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    No change for just 2 lines, just fyi.
    My 2 lines didn't change, either. But I also don't do a share plan.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!