1.    #1  
    i was wondering if i went through hp's site and got a free pre with a 2 yr contract if that would go against my 1yr phone upgrade?
    If your eligible for a 2 year full rebate than YES.
  3.    #3  
    not sure if i understand what your saying?
  4.    #4  
    hp will give you a free phone and $50 for apps if you sign a new contract or renew/ do a contract extension. I was hoping this wouldnt use my upgrade since the deal is coming from hp.
  5.    #5  
    hmmmmm. well i couldnt find much more info. the whole reason im trying to figure this out is b/c i took my phone to sprint to have the power button and usb tab fixed, they said something was disconnected in the phone and i had to go through asurion to have it fixed. so basically i would be out $100. tried to get customer support to help out but once the tech guys put it in the system the damage was your fault your pretty much screwed.
    Did you try to call the HP "Order by Phone" number and ask them?
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    If your eligible for a 2 year full rebate than YES.
    What he means is certain people have phone plans which make them Premier Customers (stuff like how much your paying or how long you've been a sprint customer), which makes one line eligible for a full upgrade (2 year full rebate) every year, so if this applies to you then you can order from HP with that deal. Otherwise you could expect to pay $75 instead as only half is provided by Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    i was wondering if i went through hp's site and got a free pre with a 2 yr contract if that would go against my 1yr phone upgrade?
    Yes, it would. You would be getting a free phone from HP, and a two year contract attach with it. This however can only happen three ways. (1) You're a new customer. (2) You're eligible for an upgrade. (3) You're activating another line on your existing account.

Note: As a Sprint premier customer you'll continue to get a yearly upgrade.

cheers. :-)
  9.    #9  
    Ok, so it seems that i will use up my upgrade if i went this route. i guess its all connected to sprint in some way and me getting the new phone/upgrading will make me wait another year for a phone upgrade through my premier account. is this correct?
  10.    #10  
    ok. thanks for the help everyone. maybe ill just get a plus on craigslist or ebay and make my pre a plus? not sure if im up for the risk though.
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    ok. thanks for the help everyone. maybe ill just get a plus on craigslist or ebay and make my pre a plus? not sure if im up for the risk though.
    OP.. I would also suggest simply calling Sprint and finding out straight from the horse's mouth. This may be a Palm forum, but you will want to contact them to verify this type of thing for sure.

Its been said here a thousand times - but if you are going to get a phone off of a site like Craigslist, be sure you verify that the phone has a clean ESN, and meet up with the seller at a local Sprint store to transfer the phone cleanly to your name before paying (beware of sellers who won't do that).

Good luck!