1.    #1  
    I am a Canadian Palm Pre owner and have been disappointed again and again with the poor support I receive from Bell, and the constant "this app is not available in your country" or "Canadian owners can expect an update in the next few months."
    It really sucks, considering I've been holding out and keeping my Palm in hopes some great new announcement is made, or something that didn't make me feel like I'm wasting my time and money with a Palm Pre...
    I know webOS2 is coming soon, and I hope it changes my mind, but it's hard to imagine.
    If I had the chance to sign a new contract with another phone, I would. I'd get an Android phone, no doubt about it.
    I don't really know what the whole point of this is, maybe just to say suck it to Palm and Bell.
    Yeah that's probably it.
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    If you like WebOS, hang in there. There will be new hardware (the P102xxx info mentions Canadian certification). And yeah, Bell does suck ;-)
    wow...as a fellow Canadian AND fellow Bell subscriber... I don't agree with you at all. I rarely come across apps that I can't download, case in point Beebleisten or whatever that BBC app is called, can't think of any others. Don't forget about 1.4.5.... WE got that months ahead of our friends to the south. Not sure what updates you seem to be talking about. Aside from HORRIBLE Bell Mobility customer service, I personally can't complain(anymore) with regards to Palm, largely in part to this community, webOS Internals, JR, homebrewing etc.
    If I were you, I would SERIOUSLY read up on Android and the many users who jumped ship, and then jumped back. You don't know what you're missing until it's gone.
    I jumped ship and I haven't come back...sorry to disappoint you. I still have my Pre as a desk clock since June 4th loving my Evo.
    First off, there's a thread for complaints, use it.

Second, what apps can you not get????

Third, we got the 1.4.5 update before the US.

Fourth, even if you had a Droid, you'd still get bad support from Bell. It's Bell, that's what they do.

Fifth, HP today made the WebOS tablet official. WebOS 2.0 is on it's way. Things are happening.

You think YOU'RE frustrated? John Rubenstien just spoke about how he too is frustrated with how long it's taking to get new hardware out. But it is coming.

The not knowing isn't easy, but give it another month, then you can decide if it was all worth it.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/28/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    kinster02: don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad you found a phone that you like. Everybody's different, has their own likes/dislikes with a phone. I've read SEVERAL posts recently, people going from palm to other platforms(not just Android), and coming back. I'm sure that works the other way around too, you get used to a certain way of doing things, try something new, don't like it and revert back to what you know. I'm guessing that the OP, with a big score of (drumroll please)..... 1 post, a member since January (no offence there Jee...) 0 thanks to anyone, maybe he/she doesn't have the full picture. I can't believe someone who's been a member for that long, hasn't had a single question of their own....honestly, even I don't read (although I do try) 167 some pages through a topic to find out an answer to a question, sometimes after going through 50 some pages, my mind wanders. So, with that being said, are we to believe that OP figured everything out on his/her own? I doubt it. Here's an interesting quote I just noticed in the OP:
    considering I've been holding out and keeping my Palm in hopes some great new announcement is made

For what reason? the only BIG (official, not rumor)announcement is new hardware, we already know new software is on the way, just a matter of when.

And with today's posts on the home page, albeit not fully endorsed by HP/Palm with a release date of these new (let's call 'em gadgets) something is coming along the way.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    As a Canadian Bell Pre owner, I definately have a love/hate relationship with my phone. Hate -Bell Mobility (where to start), build quality of the phone, instability of the hardware/software.
    Love - the elegance of the OS (when it operates as it should),supportive community, willingness of the parent company to work alongside said community and not hinder it.
    I have a Palm Pre with BELL since June and you're right about the service with BELL but it's not because it's a Palm, the service is poor with anything at BELL!!

Me, I love my Pre, I have Preware and everything is OK, even better since I have installed the version 113 of Uberkernel with screenstate GovNah 500/1000.

Since that, mid spetember, my Pre never reboot without reason and the battery is OK for my whole day, from 5:30AM to 10 PM.

I wait, like everybody, for the version 2.0 of WEBOS and new hardware and Flash plug-in but we have applications for everything or almost!

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language