1.    #1  
    I am always paranoid about scams. Anyhow, my wife received a text, allegedly from Sprint:

Call back # 7205016 Enter the code xxxxxxxx to finish the PIN process. Sprint personnel will never ask you for this code: for your security, do not share it with anyone.
    Shortly after an alleged Sprint rep called asking for a confirmation number. My wife was at work and didn’t have time to talk to the guy, but said it had something to do with a “do not call” list.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it legit?
    I would call Sprint directly with this to verify it was them - and if it wasn't give them the info so they can get their Scam team working on this! You could easily be signing up for a $10 per text scam by validating that info. And if you validated it, it would be very difficult to prove you didn't want it since you went through the validation process (see what a web it can be?). Call Sprint, go over this with them to verify it is from them - or alert them to a new scam if it isn't.

Good Luck and tell us what you find out!
    If it was the federal do not call list, then definitely a scam. Sprint has nothing to do with that list.

I've also used it for both my number and my dad's, all they do is send an email confirm.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I am always paranoid about scams. Anyhow, my wife received a text, allegedly from Sprint:

Shortly after an alleged Sprint rep called asking for a confirmation number. My wife was at work and didn’t have time to talk to the guy, but said it had something to do with a “do not call” list.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it legit?
    I smell scam. the way to check is to call sprint customer service and ask them. they can tell you of any texts they send to users, and see in your account history if there are any issues.
    sprint would NOT send such a message and the number to reply back to i dont believe is one of sprints.. call sprint and let them know