Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have sprint and my pre is on its last legs... My question is with the Sprint 30 day program can I try the Epic for 30 days, exchange it for the EVO, try it for 30, and then go back to the Epic if I happen to like it better? I am not excited to switch to Anroid and will be back to WebOS, but my current phone won't make it and is out of warranty exchanges now... Thanks in advance!
    You can only exchange the phone once.. Well that's what Sprint told my dad when he went from the Hero to the EVO .. If you want the Epic get the epic.
    I agree you get one switch in 30 days
    The 30 day program is not intended for that purpose. It is a thirty day covered guarantee for customers who bought the phone, > and decide to return it > they have up to 29 days after purchase to return the phone.. for a full refund.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I suggest you find a Pre third party, meet them at a Sprint store to validate the phone, make sure it looks good internally to the extent they can check it, and confirm the ESN is clean. In most major markets, you should be able to get one for $100. Then you can give the next hardware release some time to mature after release and use your upgrade in 6 months or so.

That's what I would do.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The 30 day program is not intended for that purpose. It is a thirty day covered guarantee for customers who bought the phone, > and decide to return it > they have up to 29 days after purchase to return the phone.. for a full refund.
    That is my question. If I purchase the Epic, return it within the 30 days, purchase and EVO, is it possible to return it for another Epic. I am undecided between the two and was wondering if it would be possible to 'try' them for 30 days to decide which one I like better. I know it is not what you're 'supposed' to do, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGood View Post
    That is my question. If I purchase the Epic, return it within the 30 days, purchase and EVO, is it possible to return it for another Epic. I am undecided between the two and was wondering if it would be possible to 'try' them for 30 days to decide which one I like better. I know it is not what you're 'supposed' to do, but....
    Sprint isnt in the video rental business... they want to sell you a phone, not have you try their entire line 30 days at a time. You have 30 days from the original purchase to exchange your phone... it doesnt extend everytime you do so.

That would be terrible business sense on their part... the re-sale on a used phone is junk in comparison to one new out of the box.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    and for existing customers, it's not a free 30 day period. If you ultimately return the phone you have to pay a 35 restock fee
    Yes you can. However, there like 60 days period, until your account becomes new again. so you get Epic, return and then wait 2.5 month to try something else.
    A guy at work has the Evo and his wife has the Epic. He's trying to trade his Evo and all attachments for an Epic. It all comes down to whether you want the hardware keyboard or not.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi, my name is Adam and I represent Sprint as their SprintCareGuide. The 30 day trial period is not for that purpose. When you buy a new Sprint phone, you get 30 days to try it out then if you are not satisfied you can return within 30 days and get a full refund.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Just to clarify:
    During the 30 days you may exchange the device 1 time, if you upgraded there is usually a $35 restocking fee. You may undo the upgrade instead of doing the exchange, but generally the restocking fee still applies.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.