1.    #1  
    I had to move from Sprint (Pre) to Verizon because my husband could not use his phone in our house. He bought a Samsung Fascinate so I get a phone for free. He tells me to go the next day and get whatever I want. Get on here, do a little research and fully prepared go into the store to buy a Pre Plus. One of the pieces of info I found on this wonderful site was that Verizon would quit carrying the Pre Plus in October and maybe would not get 2.0 for existing phones. So the little lady at the store - herself being a Pre lover - even SHE said she couldn't feel like she could recommend a phone that they would stop carrying in two months. SO after much debate, ended up with a Fascinate as well. I can't stand it. Android is a mess. I don't WANT a Google account. I could keep going.

If I return this thing and get a Pre Plus I am scared I'll have GPS issues as well as other problems I did not have on Sprint. I will miss Swyping and Shazam and the camera. I will be stuck with my decision for 18 months best I can tell. I would have been happy to wait out new hardware with the anticipation of getting 2.0 on my phone. But I had to move carriers.

I have about two more weeks to make a decision. Any advice would be appreciated (except go back to Sprint, can't). You guys are great!
    Jennifer,
    You'll be happiest if you get rid of the Fascinate, get the Pre Plus, and quickly install GPS Toggle and enable Verizon aGPS Server with Preware. Android just doesnt look as 'polished' and connected as WebOS. My guess is that HP/Palm will give Verizon several more OS updates, keeping the Pre Plus useable. You can use your favorite apps and all the new ones coming out until we get new Palm hardware...
    Verizon is not discontinuing th Pre+!!!!!

They are moving it over to their New and improved PrePaid Plans so you will be able to update to 2.0 when it hits.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

4.    #4  
    We are on a family talk and text shared package. What if I need to stay on that plan. Is the plus only going to be supported on the prepaid plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermeyers View Post
    We are on a family talk and text shared package. What if I need to stay on that plan. Is the plus only going to be supported on the prepaid plans?
    Its not going to matter if its PrePaid or PostPaid, Its still on the verizon network so when an Ota is approved it will be pushed.

As of now Ive heard no plans to fragment webOs and I guarantee Verizon WILL be carrying Palm/HP devices so the OTA will cover ALL Palm phones regardless if its Pre or Post paid .
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Plus will always be supported. WebOS 2.0 SDK came out last month so people could develop more apps for 2.0. Palm/HP is committed to keep bringing updates to existing palm pre as evident by last 11 updates to sprint pre. So if you want to buy a new phone I strongly suggest pre plus. with its extra mem webOS 2.0 will have no problem running on it. GPS does suck on pre plus, I have one and inspite of GPS wrangler and gps patches, it still sucks. So if your primary reason is directions go with a google phone.
    Also remember you will have to overclock pre to unleash its potential. it took me 15 mins to learn how to overclock, so dont be scared of it.
    If you are not dependent on exact directions everyday, buy pre plus.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    if you like the pre, the pre plus is a good choice. If you have been crying fpr new hardware, get something else and sell it on craigs list when new hardware ships.

welcome to vzw. The gpsfix app in the catalog solves it, but it takes battery life so I turn it off when I don't need it.
  8.    #8  
    I'm not dependent on GPS, although the once in a blue moon I need it, I'd like to think I could get where I need to. I was pretty comfortable with Preware and Homebrew apps, although I never did overclock my Pre.

My main concern is that whatever I do, I feel like I'm married to it for 18 months. I'll be ****ed if some great hardware comes out soon because I won't go out and pay retail for it. But I am leaning toward getting the Pre (Plus at that) back and hoping for the best as far as getting voice with 2.0.
    If you are not dependent on GPS, get pre plus, and OVERCLOCK it, makes a huge huge huge difference. You know whether you are on an andriod or pre plus, palm is going to come out with an awesome hardware. I have a strong believe it would be out on carriers around first week of December. So whatever hardware you are stuck with, you will be stuck with it. Good news is verizon is letting people switch phones earlier if you are willing to renew your 2 year contract. Thats what we did, we still had a year left and we upgraded to pre plus for 29 dollars.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Vzw has a one year contract, option for $70. If you can spare the cash up front, you can limit your commitment time.

Personally, I'm factoring for a farther release date of a new HPalm phone, but even if it comes out sooner (which I would sooo welcome), I think I could wait out an additional 10months vs the 24.

By the way, welcome to vzw family of palm users. We are definately the redhaired step children, compared to their Droid-ettes, but have no fears if you buy the phone under the contract, your phone will work and get support. I was using my Vzw Centro working long after they stopped selling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermeyers View Post
    I had to move from Sprint (Pre) to Verizon because my husband could not use his phone in our house.!
    If the problem was your house, why not just get an Airave from Sprint...They're giving them away...Oh well.
  12.    #12  
    Funny enough - we had one! When my husband was on the phone with the Sprint rep, he was right beside it and the call still dropped - point made to the Sprint rep. For the record, my reception was great, I never had a problem with Sprint myself. With you...oh well. Gotta make the most of Verizon now