View Poll Results: How much cellular data do you TYPICALLY use?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Data? I'm too busy talking/texting.

2 2.13%
  • Less than 1 Gigabyte.

33 35.11%
  • 1 Gigabyte +

27 28.72%
  • 2 Gigabyte +

16 17.02%
  • 3 Gigabyte +

4 4.26%
  • 4 Gigabyte +

3 3.19%
  • 5 Gigabyte +

8 8.51%
  • Uhmm, how about an announcement PAAAAALM!!!!!!!!!

13 13.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I was under the impression that Sprint only throttles bandwidth on unlimited data plans for their data cards and tethering options, no?
    Correct. There is no provision or qualification on 3G smartphone plans regarding data capping. That is only for data cards.

However, I'm pretty sure that smartphone plans are soon to be capped. Why else would there be data usage tracking on your Sprint bill and online for smartphones?
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 09/25/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    I use about 200 mb of Data but I use more than 1 Gig of Wifi Data per month

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Just looked at my last bill...5.73gb!!!...I am w/Sprint btw...
    Wow! What do you do with your Pre?

Did Sprint throttle you too?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    I use about 200 mb of Data but I use more than 1 Gig of Wifi Data per month

Thank's

Alain
    Any talk about going to tiered data plans up in the Great White North?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    About 1.5Gb a month, a few times over 2+Gb. But if sprint was to eliminate unlimited data and cap it... let it be more like 5Gb, rather than att 2Gb limit...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'm on a Sprint Pixi Minus (no WiFi) and use about 2GB a month, my wife has a Samsung Moment (w/ WiFi) and she only hits about 900-1GB

Please cap at 5 GB, something reasonable.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm surprised that the majority in the poll are under 2 gigabytes! A tiered plan may be of benefit to most of them. Not surprising is that no one has voted for no data... but you come close!
    I doubt anyone would "benefit" as Sprint will likely set the new "unlimited" to 2GB and that is the cost we are paying now.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I doubt anyone would "benefit" as Sprint will likely set the new "unlimited" to 2GB and that is the cost we are paying now.
    I wouldn't put it pass them, but it would be silly on their part to charge us more for less.

Sprint could go with the following options:
    $10 for 1 Gig
    $20 for 2 Gig
    $30 for 3 Gig
    $5 per 100MB pass 3 Gigs
    System updates are free.

I would say that would be reasonable.
    Last edited by RafRol; 09/26/2010 at 09:13 PM.
    I was averaging between 1 to 2 gigs a month. But then I found ampache
    Now I'm averaging around 5 gigs. Basically its all coming from streaming movies from my home pc all day at work. Makes the day go by a lot faster.
    I talked to sprint many times and they insure me that unlimited data means UNLIMITED. well see what happens
    Yes, no limits or throttling on Sprints unlimited.

I use around 3G a month.

My son, on his phone, uses about 2G.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Usually around 5ish, give or take a few hundred Megs.

I have mulple programs polling continuously and use my Sprint Pre religiously throughout the day.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just started using Netstat this month it shows me with 4.77GB over wifi and 2.14 over the phone. My bill shows an average of 3 with some months as high as 4.8. Thank goodness for wifi, keeping the network traffic down so the bill stays low, lol. I run pandora 10 hrs a day (at work) and use the internet pretty regularly...

Edit: At the end of my billing cycle today and Netstat is showing 7.19 wifi and 2.78 data. So that is almost 10 GB a month. Luckily our neighbor at work has wifi or that would be reversed... An unlimited plan is definitely a benifit for me.
    Last edited by JBGood; 10/07/2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I just installed Netstat myself. It will be interesting to see what it says.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I run between 2.5 & 3.5. I download nearly 20 podcast some daily most weekly plus the occasional engadget show which is the only video one. I was listening to lots of baseball before the Dodgers fell apart. I do use wifi when I can but I don't have DSL availabe at home it's all Verizon MiFI and Pre Plus Mobile Hotspot.

Now when you count all three it comes to nearly 13GB. Of course I pay through the nose for the privilege.
    Yep I'm the no data person. More of a texter. I'd probably be hooked if I tried it tho.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm with everyone who uses wifi mostly. Well under a gig each month for my wife and I both. I think rather than tiered plans Sprint should simply allow 2 - 3 gigs at full speed then slow it way down past that so there are no additional charges but streaming is limited.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    This is what Verizon does currently, but at 5 gigs.
    I use between 2-3 GBs a month but I stream MLB games.
    Now that the season is over, I'm curious to see what it's going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    However, I'm pretty sure that smartphone plans are soon to be capped. Why else would there be data usage tracking on your Sprint bill and online for smartphones?
    They have been tracking data usage ever since they dumped Wireless Web Access (a.k.a. WAP, used your minutes instead of data) for Power Vision (3G). Why? That's just part of how it works. They could either track the data, or they could throw the information away. Doesn't mean anything sinister.

It would not surprise me if they do implement caps, however. If you're worried about that, might consider getting on an unlimited 4G plan ASAP, so you can be grandfathered in.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I was pretty sure that I used over 2GB but for the past few months I have been keeping my wifi on and I noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop... just checked and my average is around 800 MBs... thats pretty awesome considering how much browsing/downloading I actually do combined with Pandora and Youtube...

Wifi = lower 3G data usage = Win!

Edit: Before June I was easily over 3GBs per month! (Just checked)
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast