1.    #1  
    It seems like they have treated it with little more than disdain the entire time.
    to keep customers from defecting to Sprint or AT&T?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It seems like they have treated it with little more than disdain the entire time.
    Because they initially had hope that the device would be a good seller, people just weren't interested in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Because they initially had hope that the device would be a good seller, people just weren't interested in it.
    Might have helped if they marketed it correctly
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    It was obvious to me that the only reason Verizon brought the Pre Plus aboard was to gain back customers they lost to Sprint from the BB Storm fiasco. Their further actions since then only reinforce this theory.
    Because the more devices they have to hook you into getting screwed over the better?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I think they agreed to it based on previous pal sales and the fact that they hadn't realized that android would be such a massive success. They were looking for the phone that could be their flag to compete with iphone/at&t.

until the success of the MotoDroid, they were open to other brands. They would have signed up for the pre at least 6 to 9 months before launch, maybe longer. By the time it launched, android made it unimportant. IMHO
    Better question would be why did AT&T even bother with the Pre and Pixi?
    hedging their bets for the day when vzw gets the iphone, and trying not to sell their sol to google.
    VZW reminds me of Microsoft. Throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. If enough people go for it, then they will step in and support and grow it, otherwise they let it die a miserable slow death.

Palm and WebOS just couldn't get the critical mass they expected.
    Err...don't you mean:

Because when 90% of their Pre customers came in they were brute forced into buying another (higher kickback) device, namely Droid1.
    There, fixed.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Whatever the reason I'm glad they did it. My family has now two and I have convinced two other people to buy them.
    A sales rep told me they did it so old Treo and Centro customers could get a new Palm device, and keep those people on Verizon.

But, remember, unless comes to Android sales reps aren't very reliable.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    I finally convinced my sister to buy a Pre Plus for Verizon. She lives in east TN. So she went to the Verizon store to buy one. The sales people told her that they had none in stock and it would be 3 weeks to get one. She and her husband ended up with a pair of android based phones on a buy one get one free deal that set them back less than $100.
    Verizon totally got kickbacks and stuff from Motorola, we have been over that.

Its the entire reason why Palm failed and Android is so huge now...the success of the droid did it, but there are some other reasons why:

1)Better advertising by motorola.
    2)Better training and kickbacks to VZ staff on the Droid.
    3)More reliable hardware.
    4)The general public seem to usually have terrible taste in things.

That is why Motorola beat out Palm at Verizon.
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    I'd glad they sold the Pre on Verizon - otherwise I would have had to go to Sprint or AT&T. Sprint, for some reason, has a dead zone in my town. Verizon doesn't. I do not know why. I've seen this happen with my sister-in-law's feature phone and her husband's HTC Hero. My Eris and now Palm Pre have excellent coverage. I will even further argue that the Pre has a better radio than the Eris based on the areas I frequent and the coverage I have.