1.    #1  
    Ok, so we're eligible for upgrades every year instead of every two years yes? So does this extend to all lines on the account or just the primary number?

Has anyone successfully upgraded multiple lines within the one year reward?

Just curious. Had some fun on the phone earlier with a rep and it left me wondering a few things.

Thanks!
    It only applies to the primary number on the account. The rest of the numbers are the 2-yr upgrade.
    Yeah, my account shows the Premier is only the primary number, and only one that gets the 1 yr upgrade.
    I see pandas.
    I have 5 lines and all get 75 a yr,except the main line which gets 150 a yr. One of my secondary lines I did not use last yrs 75 dollar upgrade so in 15 days it is going to double to 150.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have 5 lines and all get 75 a yr,except the main line which gets 150 a yr. One of my secondary lines I did not use last yrs 75 dollar upgrade so in 15 days it is going to double to 150.
    I'm in the same boat. I have a 5-line account, Family Plan 1500....curious, what is your bill per mo?
    The primary line is the one that reap the benefits from being a Sprint Premier Advantage Customer. Your second, third, and so forth lines receive normal upgrade every Two years. $75=year ~ $150=2years. You can always use your primary line upgrades to upgrade either one of your other lines. Available upgrade remain on your account until you're ready to use it. Note: Always remember the primary line is the first to be disconnected, or interrupted due to non-payment to the account.

cheers.~
    That's another reason I've never done a family/share plan. My son and I are both on separate plans on my account, so both get a yearly upgrade.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Am I right that the yearly upgrade only gives you 150 off, so say if you wanted an EVO it would be 450 - 150 so 300? This is $100 more than you would pay as a new customer right? So if thats the case you'd be far better off disconnecting one of your second lines b/c of the discount change policy (if you can get it done with no ETF), and signing up for a new line (assuming that you don't care about your number, or porting it out). This way you'd get it for around 200 right? Or can you order through Wirefly once you are eligible for the $150 upgrade and get it for their price (190+activation fee from sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Am I right that the yearly upgrade only gives you 150 off, so say if you wanted an EVO it would be 450 - 150 so 300? This is $100 more than you would pay as a new customer right? So if thats the case you'd be far better off disconnecting one of your second lines b/c of the discount change policy (if you can get it done with no ETF), and signing up for a new line (assuming that you don't care about your number, or porting it out). This way you'd get it for around 200 right? Or can you order through Wirefly once you are eligible for the $150 upgrade and get it for their price (190+activation fee from sprint).
    Everytime I've upgraded I get the new customer price. 150 + any other discounts, Mail-in or Instant, that are available for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have a 5-line account, Family Plan 1500....curious, what is your bill per mo?
    198.00 per mo w/ 1 having insurance.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    I think I remember reading somewhere you get $150 off or the national advertised price, whatever's cheaper. I took the "national advertised price" to be the one on all the commercials/ in store advertisements, i.e. The new customer price. I could be wrong though.
    You get the same price as a new customer or new line would. You get the same rebates and discounts.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The primary line is the one that reap the benefits from being a Sprint Premier Advantage Customer. Your second, third, and so forth lines receive normal upgrade every Two years. $75=year ~ $150=2years. You can always use your primary line upgrades to upgrade either one of your other lines. Available upgrade remain on your account until you're ready to use it. Note: Always remember the primary line is the first to be disconnected, or interrupted due to non-payment to the account.

cheers.~

My phone is the primary line for our account. My wife phone is on the second line and would like to get a different phone because she it not happy with the one she has. My phone is eligible for a $150 upgrade discount. Her phone is eligible for a $75 upgrade discount. When I look at the phones on Sprint's website the upgrade pricing is different between our phones. My phone shows the $150 upgrade discount with either a 'Instant Savings' or 'Mail-in Rebate' discount . Whereas her phone only shows a $75 upgrade discount. Both require a 24 month contract.

Taking the Palm Pixi as an example, I can "upgrade" my Pre to a Pixi at no cost after the upgrade discount and instant savings. However, with her phone/line the Pixi (which would really be an upgrade for her) only gets her $75 upgrade discount putting the upgrade price at $225.

"You can always use your primary line upgrades to upgrade either one of your other lines."
    How does this work? Does this require going to a Sprint Store or calling Customer Service? I suppose I could order the "upgrade" using my phone/line on Sprint's website, get all of the discounts, and then when the new phone arrives, activate it on her line. But, I think I would be risking a $200-300 "surprise" on my bill.

And, then I don't understand your comment...

"Available upgrade remain on your account until you're ready to use it."
    Can you clarify which upgrade remains on the account?

Thanks,
    Darren