1.    #1  
    anyone else at the K State fair? There is a Sprint tent set up, so naturally I walked over. I got to talking with one of the Sprint workers, and he asked me what phone I had, Palm Pre I told him. He said: "man, how long you have that phone?" I said since February. He said: "man, you gotta get something new! Have you see the Evo?" and then he went on to talk about that. Poor Palm, they need to make sure they do a good marketing job for the new device.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    And then I woulda said, "Yeah I saw one that had it's screen coming off of it, it was sooooo awesome!" Then gone back to my slider and walked away.
    Wow I've never had anyone try to get me into something new however I am tempted to jump ship to the Epic...with a second line.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    LOL my brother wouldn't stop praising the PRE so when tmobile terminated my contract short of the two year mark yeah.... I jumped from BB back to Palm, when I called him for advise on patching my phone the reason he loved webos so much, I found him using EVO.

in his defense he used to use the sprint 3g/ wifi hub device which is built into the EVO, but still Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Wow I've never had anyone try to get me into something new however I am tempted to jump ship to the Epic...with a second line.
    have you spent much time with the epic? i had considered getting one next month when i'm up for an upgrade, to just have something different until the next webOS device comes out.

a good friend of mine got one a while ago, and in addition to using his i've spent about a total of 2.5 hours in sprint stores playing with it (yes, i have no life ). maybe it's just me, but i don't see what's so great about it. it even stuttered more times playing Asphalt 5 than my pre ever has. and just navigating in general on the phone is... idk, there really isn't anything notable to say about it. but using webOS is actually fun to me. it just looks neat, and feels cool to interact with. i'll definitley be sticking with my pre until the next gen device is out.

unless you've used one a lot and know for sure that it's great for you for whatever reason, i wouldn't recommend it. unless you were going to get a second line anyway, then why not, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    anyone else at the K State fair? There is a Sprint tent set up, so naturally I walked over. I got to talking with one of the Sprint workers, and he asked me what phone I had, Palm Pre I told him. He said: "man, how long you have that phone?" I said since February. He said: "man, you gotta get something new! Have you see the Evo?" and then he went on to talk about that. Poor Palm, they need to make sure they do a good marketing job for the new device.
    last night when i was in the sprint store they didn't try to push android on me.

i did however hear the salesman telling people about the pre and pixi, and he had no clue. he basically said that they are the same except for form factor and a little bit of memory. and he didn't really say anything about them beyond what they looked like. no descroption of webOS and synergy or anything. i'm really pretty sure all he knows about them is what they look like. i tried to kind of jump in and answer some of the people's questions, but he took them over to the blackberry section while we were talking.

they really do need to train them better. i need an extra job, maybe i should go apply at sprint.
    I got my pre a few months ago after my family updated our package to include data. I had been craving the pre since I first saw it, and had been addicted to reading about its features.
    When I went into the Sprint store, TWO employees tried to talk me out of buying it. I couldn't believe it.
    LOVE MY PRE!