1.    #1  
    My wife finally decided to join the rest of the family (3 Pre's, one Pixi) and get a Pre. It arrived this morning.

I turned it on to activate it, and noticed that there seemed to be "wisps" on the screen. It almost looked as if it were a picture of a light blue sky with small clouds on it.

I couldn't tell if it was just a design or a defective screen, because the phone kept cycling through the opening and getting stuck on the "activation" screen. I called Sprint and after about 30 minutes they decided to send us a new Pre immediately.

While I would have preferred the first phone to have worked immediately, I am glad that they are not giving us any hassle.

Just a question, though - was the screen defective, or is the opening screen supposed to be light blue with cloudy wisps? I've had mine since launch day last year, so I don't recall seeing it before.
    personally I haven't had any issue with getting a replacement device if I needed one, but I did have issues with the 'refurbished' pres sent not be working phones so I had to call them, complain, they understood and another phone was on my doorstop the next day. Sprint is a good company.
    The initial activation screen does look like that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    First use background
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Knew someone would pop in with it, should've known the quiet one would. LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!