1.    #1  
    My account is almost 15 years old with Verizon Wireless and is good standing. When I got the Pre + back in January, I did not get it as an upgrade, rather I added a second line to my existing line, and I started a new line with the Palm Pre +, and switched it back to my main line. I paid for the Palm Pre + as a new customer promo, got a good deal on it since I was not due for an upgrade for sometime. Spent about $100 for the phone, plus $10 a month for a few months for the extra line, all in all I saved myself my upgrade, and a couple hundred dollars if I bought the phone by itself or used my upgrade option. Not everyone sees that as winning, for me it is. I love my phone, and I love I have the option to upgrade anytime I want.

So now to me getting another phone. The Pre rocks, I love it. I hate how Verizon has screwed over ever Pre user on their network with this GPS crap. As a customer I know I have lied to, the proof is everywhere. I have not personally contacted the FCC or BBB as of yet, as I plan on using them in my defense if I have to when arguing with Verizon.

To the point, I feel as though I am owed a different and new phone for my troubles, as does every other Palm user on Verizon's network.

Advertise Stand-alone GPS - it doesn't work.

Potentially acknowledge there may be a problem...

Come back and say there is no problem to fix.

This is unacceptable on so many levels.

How much resistance do you think I would receive in-store if I pleaded my case? I am not one to cancel a 15 year old account over this. I just want another phone to have as an option, whether I use it or not as a phone. Hell, I may use it as my GPS unit since my Pre cannot!
    They will be happy to upgrade your phone when you are eligible.

I wouldn't expect more than that.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I wish you the best of luck if that is the road you are going down...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  4.    #4  
    I am eligible now. I bet they would be real happy to do that, and make my wait another two years for a new phone :P

I know my chances are slim, but I still it's worth a shot.
    I think your chances are next to nothing. The key to success here, if possible at all, would be to find an extremely sympathetic/powerful store manager or a intimidatable rep with magic computer fingers. Even if you leave the store with free hardware they might still end up billing you for it some how.

In my experience you get nothing from years of carrier loyalty.

Unless you require VZW for some reason I'd look elsewhere. Sprint roams on VZW service...thus I have found coverage on Sprint to be very good. 30 day money back guaranty....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    So now to me getting another phone. The Pre rocks, I love it. I hate how Verizon has screwed over ever Pre user on their network with this GPS crap. As a customer I know I have lied to, the proof is everywhere. I have not personally contacted the FCC or BBB as of yet, as I plan on using them in my defense if I have to when arguing with Verizon.

To the point, I feel as though I am owed a different and new phone for my troubles, as does every other Palm user on Verizon's network.

Advertise Stand-alone GPS - it doesn't work.

Potentially acknowledge there may be a problem...

Come back and say there is no problem to fix.

This is unacceptable on so many levels.

I just want another phone to have as an option, whether I use it or not as a phone. Hell, I may use it as my GPS unit since my Pre cannot!
    But you would still be rewarding them for their boorish behavior toward their customers. So even if they finally "give in", they are still laughing all the way to the bank.
    I just dont understand why they block agps on the palm and they dont give any hassel to any of the droid customers. All my friends have droids and they work perfectly fine with google maps out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetlethal1000 View Post
    I just dont understand why they block agps on the palm and they dont give any hassel to any of the droid customers. All my friends have droids and they work perfectly fine with google maps out of the box.
    I think you may have basically answered your own question there. Cuz its google and verizon..
    They all use google maps on the droid phones. same exact thing we have on palm. Except theres work and ours doesnt. If verizon was trying to block GPS so that we all had to purchase their vx nav, then why wouldnt they do it for all phones?