1.    #1  
    What do these options mean? Which one should I be on? Does one save more battery life than another?
    Thanks

##3836# brings up the EVDO Mode selection, with the following options:

- 1xRTT only
    - EVDO Rev 0 only
    - Hybrid Rev 0
    - EVDO only
    - Hybrid Rev A
    Rev A gives you 3g speed. unless you have a problem, you should leave that setting alone.

more info available here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...in-3836-a.html
    Do not mess with this setting. EVDO only will render your phone unable to receive phone calls or text messages, and unable to get GPS. You want hybrid rev A.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Hybrid Rev 0 dosen't search as much as Rev A, thereby saving some battery. I keep my phone on this setting most of the time.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Changing to Rev 0 may save battery...however I wouldn't expect any increase in speed of internet...running Rev A is going to be faster if you put them side by side on an 3G/EVDO connection...here is a good link on this...didnt want to chop all this info up by copy/paste...instead leaving a ling for your reading pleasure: Evolution-Data Optimized
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Changing to Rev 0 may save battery...however I wouldn't expect any increase in speed of internet...running Rev A is going to be faster if you put them side by side on an 3G/EVDO connection...here is a good link on this...didnt want to chop all this info up by copy/paste...instead leaving a ling for your reading pleasure: [url= Optimized[/url]
    You should try it for you're self for a couple of days. Really!!!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You should try it for you're self for a couple of days. Really!!!
    I am testing this theory anyways...yes I am...changed the setting earlier just for kicks...however other than battery savings I think the rest is all placebo...always worth a try of course anyways...
    EVDO Rev A: 600Kbps - 1,400Kbps Down (with bursts to 3.1Mbps); 500Kbps-800Kbps Up (with bursts to 1.8Mbps)

EVDO Rev 0: 400 - 1000Kbps Down (with bursts to 2.0 Mbps); 50 - 100Kbps Up (with bursts to 144Kbps)

1xRTT (Sprint & Verizon 2G, AKA "NationalAccess"): 50Kbps - 100Kbps with bursts up to 144kbps Down/Up

EDGE (AT&T 2G): 50Kbps - 100Kbps Down/Up

HSPA (AT&T 3G): 700-1700kbps Down; 500-1200kbps upload

Here is some comparisons to look at...I decided I would show a little more than rev 0 vs. rev A....the battery may be saved...however on average your internet speeds will suffer...and although this is a thread on saving battery life...there was a mention of faster internet speeds as well...
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 09/15/2010 at 03:27 AM.