webOS Nation Forums >  Carrier Discussion >  North American Carriers (CDMA) > Free Online ESN/MEID Checker
Free Online ESN/MEID Checker
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09/07/2010, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
I saw this post on HowardForums a little bit ago and figured it would be a good idea to share it here. The guy who made it seems to a reputable member over at HoFo, so I'm sure there is no danger in using it to quickly check if a Sprint ESN is clean or not. From what I've read, this only works for Sprint, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile devices.

Here is the link to the website:
Online ESN/MEID Checker by deathtrip

Here is the link to the thread over at HowardForums:
Online Sprint, Boost, Virgin ESN/MEID Checker by deathtrip

Even when using this tool, I would still recommend verifying the status of an ESN by calling Sprint before purchasing a phone. It never hurts to double-check...
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Anyone find this useful? lol
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
ToniCipriani's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,398
For the heck of it I put my Bell ESN on there, nothing happened.
__________________
Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
ryleyinstl's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,228
^^ ?

Quote:
To check if your Sprint, Boost, or Virgin Mobile ESN/MEID is clean, enter it in the space below.
__________________
Sprint|Samsung Epic

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 11:14 AM.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
For the heck of it I put my Bell ESN on there, nothing happened.
Yea, it only works for Sprint/Boost/Virgin...
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
sketch42's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
I saw this post on HowardForums a little bit ago and figured it would be a good idea to share it here. The guy who made it seems to a reputable member over at HoFo, so I'm sure there is no danger in using it to quickly check if a Sprint ESN is clean or not. From what I've read, this only works for Sprint, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile devices.

Here is the link to the website:
Online ESN/MEID Checker by deathtrip

Here is the link to the thread over at HowardForums:
Online Sprint, Boost, Virgin ESN/MEID Checker by deathtrip

Even when using this tool, I would still recommend verifying the status of an ESN by calling Sprint before purchasing a phone. It never hurts to double-check...
great for ebay purchases.. nice find...


or it could be a scam of some sweaty guy trolling for esn #'s

Either way... Good Find
__________________
NEWBIES Check These Threads First
WebOS FAQExport ContactsBackup-Restore Patches/Apps


follow me on twitteror Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 775
Correct me if im wrong, but don't you not just want to be giving your ESN out like this to some random "online" checker website?
Klownicle#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
ryleyinstl's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,228
Nothing nefarious or irreversible can be done with just your ESN.

However there is nothing to guaranty that this site is right about anything. The developer did not address the question of how it works on HF.
__________________
Sprint|Samsung Epic
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but don't you not just want to be giving your ESN out like this to some random "online" checker website?
I was a little suspicious when I first found it as well. However, no one can really do anything bad with just an ESN. The tool was created by a reputable member over at HoFo, so I don't see a reason to worry.

It should be a good tool for quickly checking ESNs for phones on Ebay, Craigslist, and other sites.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ToniCipriani's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Yea, it only works for Sprint/Boost/Virgin...
That's why I said for the heck of it.
__________________
Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
That's why I said for the heck of it.
Oh...
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
esn, meid

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0