1.    #1  
    I wanted to post about my recent turn of events... I have been a T-Mobile customer for 6 years. I moved from a big metropolitan area to a rural area this past year and found my new home didnt get a T-Mo signal AT ALL. I already had an 8900, so I just turned on UMA along with my @Home router.

Long story short, T-Mo stopped selling the routers, stopped offering the service and only had a limited selection of UMA phones.

I decided to switch to Verizon.

The coverage map said I was covered, full signal. Not so when I drove home, watching the signal strength die as I got closer to home. I called VZ customer svc, did the #228 thing several times, got the roaming only patch... nothing worked. I found the Network Extender online, and called about it. They told me $150.00. So... I sold my two GSM blackberries and got the cash. Called VZW back, they said $250.00 with a $100 rebate. I didnt have the cash for that. I called the local VZW retail store and explained my plight, they immediately said for me to come down and get the extender for $150!!! I did, its hooked up and I have 5 bars all over the house and my yard!

VZW has been nothing BUT awesome to me thus far. Im glad I switched. And the Network Extender is awesome.

Thanks for letting me ramble!
    To bad the GPS is cripples and we probably won't get the 1.4.5 update... I've had horrible luck with Verizon in the past.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    To bad the GPS is cripples and we probably won't get the 1.4.5 update... I've had horrible luck with Verizon in the past.
    Im trying the patches to work around it... but I have a TomTom anyways, so its rather low priority for me. I can certainly appreciate your frustration, though.