Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My bill just went up $8.50 for no reason.

Oh yeah, and I have to pay the ETF if I quit, even though my price went up during my contract.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    It probably says they can change prices at any time in the fine print.

Call them and ask them. It can't hurt.
  3.    #3  
    I'm going to keep the Sprint guy on chat as long as I can. It really ticks me off when they change the deal DURING the contract.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I'm going to keep the Sprint guy on chat as long as I can. It really ticks me off when they change the deal DURING the contract.
    Try calling, instead.
    If you tell them you're going to leave because of this, they'll transfer you to Retentions.

Retentions might be more cooperative with you. They want to keep you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    My bill just went up $8.50 for no reason.

Oh yeah, and I have to pay the ETF if I quit, even though my price went up during my contract.
    Call, complain. I had my contract cancelled three weeks ago and was put on month to month (only 11 months into the contract) because of Sprint's crap service in my house. That mess is bogus (just as bogus as my old Verizon discount only coming off voice and not add-ons...did I mention the $30 mandatory data plan is considered an add-on...).
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Whoah -- I just this month changed my single plan where I have a discount from work to a family plan where I added 4 others. Does this mean I won't get the discount on all lines? That's the only reason I got the family plan!
    I'm still showing a discount on all of my lines. Not on the insurance, but on everything else.
    I haven't seen my new bill which closes 9/10/10. I'm going based on the August 10th closing. I may have to correct that statement after I see the September closing statement.
    Are you sure the change wasn't due to the fact that they no longer discount certain add-ons and features that cost less than a certain amount of money?

I've still the discount on both my lines and my new bill was just issued.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'll see when I get my bill. :/
    Discount on my 3rd and 4th lines family plan removed also. Last months bill did have a note about the removal of discounts on secondary phones on family plans. Talked to sprint and was told they are only giving discount on services that cost more than 29.99 :sad
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    +1, notified on last months' bill. I don't know if this qualifies as a change in service to allow cancelling contract since it is removal of the discount.

Looks like this time Sprint is increasing prices to line up with competition (VZW only discounts the primary). I really can't believe Sprint is doing this in light of their loss of market share and 4G phone premium.

I guess we'll see where it goes.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Isn't the second line included free on family plans hence your discount applies to the plan charge which includes the second line... How it is on mine...

As for the 3rd, 4th and 5th line I can see them dropping discounts on those....
    Last edited by helidos; 09/09/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    This thread reminds me of the progressive commercials.

DISCOUNT!!!
    Actually, I went over to the Ask a Sprint Rep thread and verified that the discounts for secondary lines are ending. I should have linked my response and gotten back to everyone sooner. My bad.

Hope the explanation provided from that thread helps.
    ok...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Sprint is ridiculous. The only advantage it has is its cheap cost. If it keeps inching towards Verizon (discount changing/bogus 4G charge), I'm switching over - might as well get the coverage a price that high should provide, cause Sprint's is a joke.
    Incase anyone hasn't looked at last Q earnings....Sprint lost 700+ Million......You can't put out latest and greatest phones, along with the latest network technologies (i.e 4G) and charge bottom barrel prices...

Believe it or not...Sprint's was only charging basement pricing because their reputation was in the toilet...Now that Hesse has brought Sprint back from being almost dead....in order to remain with Verizon and ATT on latest and greatest, Sprint needs to charge more...You have to make money not lose it....

I still think Sprint has the best pricing structure of all the big boys...they're not Nickel and Diming the way ATT and Verizon are...and Sprint has "UNLIMITED"....

You want every unlimited for super cheap....Pre-Paids the way to go...but as these phones become more data instensive, sucking down more resources....Dont look for Sprint to remain cheap....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    Incase anyone hasn't looked at last Q earnings....Sprint lost 700+ Million......You can't put out latest and greatest phones, along with the latest network technologies (i.e 4G) and charge bottom barrel prices...

Believe it or not...Sprint's was only charging basement pricing because their reputation was in the toilet...Now that Hesse has brought Sprint back from being almost dead....in order to remain with Verizon and ATT on latest and greatest, Sprint needs to charge more...You have to make money not lose it....

I still think Sprint has the best pricing structure of all the big boys...they're not Nickel and Diming the way ATT and Verizon are...and Sprint has "UNLIMITED"....

You want every unlimited for super cheap....Pre-Paids the way to go...but as these phones become more data instensive, sucking down more resources....Dont look for Sprint to remain cheap....

+1 on that people need to stop complaining about pricing with sprint, and if your not happy with it go to AT&T or Verizon (which I also have AT&T) and see what your bill could be.
    This information would explain why I still have my discount on both lines. I don't have them on a family share plan of any kind, they're both actually on their own separate plans.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast