1.    #1  
    This is absolutely a stupid question that I have to ask.

Do you think I could get Verizon to just let me trade my Pre Plus down to a Pixi Plus? They don't have to take it back, I just really want to try the Pixi+.
    Not unless you've had 5+ replacements then you would be offered a pixi+ or other phones to switch to
  3.    #3  
    Darn. I've had this Pre for half a year now and I haven't had any problems. Guess I'm stuck with a phone that works.

So lame.
    They didn't offer me antthing last time I went to get a replacement. Though I would just want to get a Droid X and never a pixi with that tiny screen.
    They should be giving those things away...they should give you not only one but two just to get them out of inventory why not no ones buying them and tell to through in a Pre too!
  6.    #6  
    Well, this is interesting...

My Pre+ died on me [started overheating, failed 3G, couldn't reactivate after I doctored it...] and the Verizon store said I could switch to a Pixi+...if I reset my contract.

Well, I'm still on my parents family plan for the next year or so [still in school], and it's not like there's going to be another Palm phone for 8 or 9 months. So I took the Pixi.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it...the Pixi is okay, but the lack of serious overclocking like the Pre is a real downer. I had not anticipated that.
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Reset your contract? Fella, there are plenty of other fish in the sea that I'd reset my contract for first prior to settling on the Pixi. The Pixi is a great entry-level device that features the same webOS that many of us have come to know and love, but it doesn't have the horsepower you've come to expect with the Pre.

How long ago did you get the Pixi? Was it within the last 30 days? See if you can call a supervisor in Customer Service and let them know what happened - they might give you a Pre back in exchange for the Pixi. If you raise enough of a fuss you might get your contract changed as well