Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Ecut93's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #1  
    I wanted a Pre since the phone was released a little over a year ago, I absolutely love it.
    I am eligible for an upgrade and the Pre is my first choice.
    I've been keeping up-to-date with HPalm news and rumours and this "Palm Pre2/Envy/c40/Roadrunner/etc." sounds awfully.. Amazing. Should I wait to see if HPalm announces it and gives us a release date or should I just get the Pre now?
    Last edited by Ecut93; 09/05/2010 at 12:40 AM.
  2. #2  
    wait, depending if your current phone is in good enough condition just wait
  3. Ecut93's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yeah my phone is in good enough condition to wait.
    But there also seems to be speculation about it being 4G? I am limited to Bell Mobility which isn't a 4G network..
  4. #4  
    I'd say wait till the end of the month at most. If no news, then get whatever phone your heart desires.
  5. #5  
    I think you should wait. the best is yet to come.
  6. #6  
    I agree. Wait til the end of the month.
  7. #7  
    Definitely wait. If you've been holding out for a year you'll be kicking yourself in a couple of months when everybody is reporting on all the cool new features they are using on their next generation device.
  8. #8  
    You do know that you came to the wrong forum to ask such a question. I'd be very surprised if anyone said anything other than wait. But I'll throw in my 2 cents. Wait, wait, wait.

    Of course it's easy for us to say wait, we already have our Pres. Any change you find an off contract Pre that someone is selling for your carrier so you can have your Pre fix, get your Pre grove on, and still keep your upgrade for the new phone with WebOS 2.

    This will give you the ability of have a back phone for if there's ever problems with your new phone and you've decided to go straight phone warranty instead paid extended warranty phone warranty. I could save you $7 or more per month which means the backup phone would pay for itself after you use your upgrade.
  9. #9  
    The one thing I'd say differently is either wait, or don't wait. "Wait a month, then make a decision" is terrible advice.

    Sooner or later, there WILL be a new phone released by HP/Palm. It's gonna happen.

    Logic and reason says it will be before the end of the year, since they claim WebOS 2.0 will be out "later this year."

    Logic and reason also say that whatever comes out will be a significant upgrade. There's just no way HP would allow Palm to release something that wasn't competitive, and while I love my Pre, the hardware is no longer competitive in the market place.


    Waiting a month and then jumping the gun because there isn't concrete news is silly. If you can't wait through the end of the year and the release of the next device, get a Pre. It's a great phone.

    If you can wait, then wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecut93 View Post
    I wanted a Pre since the phone was released a little over a year ago, I absolutely love it.
    I am eligible for an upgrade and the Pre is my first choice.
    I've been keeping up-to-date with HPalm news and rumours and this "Palm Pre2/Envy/c40/Roadrunner/etc." sounds awfully.. Amazing. Should I wait to see if HPalm announces it and gives us a release date or should I just get the Pre now?
    New hardware and webos 2.0 will be out around the holidays.....you should wait.
  11. Ecut93's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #11  
    Wow, thank you everyone for your help!
    Well I can wait until the late Dec. 2010 because that is when my contract ends so hopefully it'll be out by then.
  12. #12  
    The Pre...is....AWESOME! Get it!
  13. #13  
    If You Got Funds To Spend, Get The Pre And Then Get The Next Device When It Drops. But If Your Normal Like Most Of Us, I'd Say Wait.


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  14. Ecut93's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #14  
    Being that the Pre is free on a two year and three year contract I could do that.
    But no one knows how much the next device will be. IIRC the Palm Pre was between $600 - $700 no term when Bell first launchd it so I am sure if they were to carry the next device it would roughly be in the same price range.
  15. #15  
    Your on bell, meaning you could get it for 99 bucks with a one year contract. In 1-2 months you'll feel bad, but you will be able to wait for the next one to get cheaper, or maybe get the one after that.

    Also, with all the new providers coming out in canada, it's better that you get a pre, and use it for a year. Otherwise in like 2-5 months you get yourself in a 3 year contract, when the monthly prices drop due to the increased competition.
  16. #16  
    I say, try to wait 'till January.
    If nothing by then, get whatever you want.

Posting Permissions