Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After the whole GPS fiasco and huge delay in updates I'm sick of Verizon.

Right now I pay $40 a month to have a line on my parents plan. When my contract ends in December of 12 I'm switching to Sprint.

I'd rather have slightly worse covwrage and have a phone that is supported in updates (in a prompt manner), function as advertised, and probably have 4G in Asheville by then.

Anyone else leaving the big bad V.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    It's a possibility for me. I left AT&T because of poor voice quality/dropped calls on my old iPhone 3G and BlackBerry Bold 9000. I was with Sprint for roughly 2 weeks when the Pre originally launched on Sprint. Returned the phone and cancelled the service because I got one of the horrible build quality original Pre's and jumped the gun a little too quick looking back. For those 2 weeks, calls were fine and data was fine as well. I have nothing bad to say about Sprint and would consider switching to them.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    While I am no fan of Verizon, I am use to their expensive elitist attitude over several years of doing business with them. I have several family members enrolled in a Verizon Family plan and several of those use Palm Pre Pluses. We are satisfied with their coverage and tech service (The Technician at my local store is a Palm Pre Plus user and fan). What I am disappointed about is the way Verizon has marketed and supported Palm. The GPS fiasco and delayed updates are very troublesome as well as poor advertising for Palm products. Unless the situation with Verizon gets worse, I will probably stay with them as my preferred carrier.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am thinking of leaving because basically Verizon has become the Android phone supporter only for smartphones. I would like to get updates in a prompt manner(Verizon). Just wish Sprint had the Pre Plus at least. Data network isn't all that fast with Verizon.
    I’m waffling right now, have only a few more months to go on my 1-year contract with VZW. I tried their best phone a couple of years ago (the Storm) and a 755P before that, and now the Pre Plus - I’m not happy with not having a device that doesn’t function as advertised (GPS, constant BIS outages, hardware failures - all three were replaced in-warranty at least 3 times). I’m also using ATTWS but will look at either going to SPCS for my next smartphone or using VZW and just going voice-only for the network. I’m pretty happy with my iPhone 4 for personal use and am also considering that I might just spend the extra coin on upgrading my ATTWS plan and add a line for work use and dump VZW altogether. Walking the fence right now, in other words...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I came to Verizon from AT&T because of issues with their service. I just got my Pre Plus as my one year upgrade. I agree with the OP and I'm considering going to Sprint in a couple of years if things don't get any better.
    As much as I hate that VZ is slow on updates and is gaga over everything Android, I will likely stay with them because they are the best in my area and I haven't had any customer service problems either. The cell phone companies are just like the oil companies though, one is just as bad as the other.
    My wife and I cut our verizon contract short to switch to sprint this past march. Already made up our early termination costs.
    I switched to Verizon from ATT just to get the Palm Pre Plus. I loved the service I had with ATT and would love to go back but I read that ATT will now restrict their unlimited data plan. If I can figure out how to get my PrePlus to work on Sprint I would proabbaly use Sprint when my plan expires.
    I know 7 people(some were family plans) that have left verizon in the past month or so, all for sprint. All were asking me where the rest of the bill is. Lol Only 1 person had an issue with coverage and went back, he's not happy with the $30 more a month... He left because he had build quality issues w/ the pre, and refurbs being worse. Went through 5, then tried a pixi, a refurb then left. Now he's on his 4th droid.
    We figured out his problem, he's a machinist and metal shavings bad lol.
    with verizon now and im struggling with the decision to leave. but as said before, u r just trading one evil for another. how does sprint's data plan compare to verizons in pricing?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    One thing to point out when comparing one companies coverage to another (Sprint vs Verizon) is that they both roam on to each other. I find the few times that Sprint doesn't have good coverage in an area Verizon generally does so I just roam on to vzw and all is well. With call and data roaming both free I just can't justify Verizon's coverage being a staying point.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    My co-worker has been fighting with Verizon over unauthorized charges for several days now and getting no where slowly. I Googled "Verizon Customer Service" and Im afraid... very afraid... Its just not her either. When the Droids came out a bunch of them upgraded and they are all complaining. Not the plan fee's but activation fee's additional lines etc.. they swore what the rep told them was not whats on the bill. It seems like once they are on your bill it takes an act of God to get them off.

No matter what the phone or great deals they may or could offer, my co-workers ordeals are a deal breaker. Ive had Sprint for years.. I know nobody's customers service is perfect but Ive been happy with Sprint. Happy enough to forgo the company Verizon Discount.
    Last edited by Balzak; 09/08/2010 at 10:20 PM.
    it looks like it is cheaper on verizon with everything i have. kinda sad. starting to think the iphone is lookin nice.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    When the Droids came out a bunch of them upgraded and they are all complaining. Not the plan fee's but activation fee's additional lines etc.. they swore what the rep told them was not whats on the bill. It seems like once they are on your bill it takes an act of God to get them off.
    We had an issue with activation charges showing up on our bill one time. One call and a couple of minutes and the charges were removed from the bill. YMMV I guess but we've never had any problems dealing with the Verizon customer service reps to get things fixed in the 7 years we've been on the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    it looks like it is cheaper on verizon with everything i have. kinda sad. starting to think the iphone is lookin nice.
    including nav? verizon its extra, verizon data charges for unlimited is $30 remember
    Palm prē-ist.
    it's a struggle. I'm just scared the grass isn't so green on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    it's a struggle. I'm just scared the grass isn't so green on the other side.
    Doesn't Sprint have a 30 day trial period? When your contract is up for renewal, you could sign up for Sprint for 30 days and if you like them, you could stay with Sprint and cancel VZ and if you don't, just return everything and not pay anything.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I left Verizon in August 09 to get the Pre. I went from a Verizon flip phone, which I was paying around 68 dollars/month for 900 minutes and 250 text messages. With Sprint, I have the Pre, unlimited mobile to mobile, 450 minutes, unlimited text/data and pay around 65. I received my 15% company discount from both and still was paying the same price. The coverage area for me has been the same with both...what was a dead zone with Verizon is still a dead zone on Sprint. My Sprint service has been excellent so far and I haven't had any issues with customer service. I'm still rockin' my first Pre with the help of the homebrew community. My pre has been dropped a few times, but still runs like a champ. I'm only waiting on HPalm to release a new phone with WebOS 2 to use my 150 Sprint upgrade credit. In conclusion, drop Big Red and head to Sprint.
    free to try for 30 days? Will they reimburse me for forkin out the $ for 2 phones on sprints service? I priced the plans on sprint last nigt and after buying the phones and whatnot the price was just unreasonable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast