1.    #1  
    Yesterday I was offered a Samsung Moment for my 13th Pre having hardware issues (stuck in headphone mode). I thought about it because I wanted a new toy to play with. But then I looked around and saw the prices. Sprint should be giving me an EVO or Epic instead of Moment. The price point of the Pre at $549 is way higher than any of the other phones they have.

I love WebOS and cannot wait till we get 2.0 and new hardware. But, if Sprint thinks they are doing me a favor by making me step down to a phone that cost $129 less they have to be crazy. I have heard of some people being offered this same deal, has anyone taken it and are they happy with the decision?

What about other phones that have been offered?

I am up for an upgrade and I am holding out for the new WebOS phone, but I know the resale value of these Android devices and think it might be beneficial till the new phone comes out, whenever that is. What do you think?
    I think you could take whichever phone you could sell for the most money, buy a Pre from someone around here, and still have your cake while eating it.

I also think you'd find some good feedback here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-you-had.html
  3.    #3  
    I looked there too, didn't really see anything other than people being pushed towards the Moment. I just got off the phone with a level 1 rep who also tried to talk me into it (I was trying to talk her into the Evo), I was also trying to get them to mail me one so I COULD keep my Pre and use the wifi.

I see all the other talking about WebOS withdrawal, which I know I will have. You can't surf two webpages at once with Andriod, what is that crap?!? I think WebOS was clearly designed not for multitasking but those of the population with extreme ADD.
    That's not true, you can open several web pages on an Android phone web browser in a card like view similar to webos its a little different but I have 5 sites open now...its called windows in the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    Yesterday I was offered a Samsung Moment for my 13th Pre having hardware issues (stuck in headphone mode).
    If it were me, I'd push for the Evo, Epic or your 14th Pre. If you go with the Moment, you'll likely be back on another 14-device trip again.
    Thirteen.. Wow! I guess that's the most I've heard so for. I'm on my third. The one I have now is a keeper. ^_^
  7.    #7  
    1-3 due to dumb installer of skin causing water damage.

4 bad oreo

5 bad pixil with the replaced 4th

6 ex g/f

7 drunk at a football game

8 power button stopped working

9 keyboard stuck

10 eternal loop after update

11 all my apps disappeared

12 headphone jack

13 hasn't been replaced yet but they have now fixed it twice

I think the Evo is only $449 and the Pre is $549.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I went to Sprint today for the headset stuck issue 3rd time, the tech told me that just today they received replacement headset/rear speaker assemblies. Swapped it out and all is good, really nice not having to reinstall every thing!!!
    13 Pre's talk about dedication...that thing would've been gone after the three strike your out rule. No one can blame you for switching or wanting something new...you been through enough pain and suffering.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    go with android, it'll make you miss webos and appreciate it all the more when you come back after 2.0.

this is what i did. (it wasn't exactly voluntary, tho i had been eyeing android. no more).
    I've had 5...they replaced the first two because when all my contacts loaded from the data transfer assistant my notes app would not work, the third never left the store because they couldn't get it off some build display page when they turned it on, the fourth, which was new met its end by virtue of the first 600 mhz cpu scaling patch on preware ( although the tech swore my seido 1400 extended battery was the cause...still using it in no 5 with all the batteries I got from these swaps) assurion delivered no 5 and charged me. So far I had to get the preware speakerphone patch for volume when the upper volume button stopped working, and sometimes (rarely) it gets stuck in wired headset mode and has slight arguments with my voyager 855 stereo bluetooth, but other than that works pretty good. Was holding out for a sprint pre plus, but might as well apparently by a metal detector and search my back yard for pirates treasure....still holding on to it until it falls apart or they deliver the pre's successor, whichever comes first...btw, the samsung moment would be a horrible choice, it's got to be the slowest 800 out there....I would only go to a froyo phone .......
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    1-3 due to dumb installer of skin causing water damage.

4 bad oreo

5 bad pixil with the replaced 4th

6 ex g/f

7 drunk at a football game

8 power button stopped working

9 keyboard stuck

10 eternal loop after update

11 all my apps disappeared

12 headphone jack

13 hasn't been replaced yet but they have now fixed it twice

I think the Evo is only $449 and the Pre is $549.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    13 Pre's talk about dedication...that thing would've been gone after the three strike your out rule. No one can blame you for switching or wanting something new...you been through enough pain and suffering.
    Well, five of the replacements weren't because the Pre malfunctioned in any way. Two more could have easily been fixed with a visit to the Doctor. The rest are valid issues though...

OP, you have terrible luck with phones...
    Go with anything but the Moment. I chose one instead of the pre thinking that a new WebOS would be coming out soon.

I've grown to hate this phone. Way too slow to handle running Android properly (especially if you have an overclocked pre).

Rooted or not rooted. Way too many problems. I wouldn't take another one of these things for free. Definitely go for the evo or the epic
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'd push for another Pre. You can compare MSRPs all day long, they're not going to give you an Evo or an Epic, OP...
  15.    #15  
    I am really tough on my phones what an I saw. I am going to push for the Evo but I am not going to use my upgrade that is dedicated to the next WebOS. I am hoping the MSRP argument works and that the number of replacements helps...I explained the true reasons but they all show as hardware issues, I haven't paid for a single one, just my $7 a month in TEP.

I doubt they will give me the Evo, but who cares the Pre is awesome with Save/restore. I wipe out all patches and kernels before going in and 30 minutes after have them all back. I don't think Android can say that and I know iOS has nothing on us.

Hopefully I can make a few bucks of the mindless masses in the transition. Thanks to those who hate the Moment, saved me a headache (currently running 1ghz).
    1-3 - Trusting your device to minimum wage earners (can't help you there, we are all in the same boat).
    4 - An abused phone, kicked back out into the system by a minimum wage earner (refurbs suck).
    5 - ahh, why?
    6 - Yeah, we have all been there, lol.
    7 - Refer to 6.
    8 - Refer to 7.
    9 - Lay off of the po#n.
    10 - Should have surfed precentral, they would have told you to take a couple of aspirin
    and see the Doc in the morning.
    11 - Refer to 10.
    12 - Should have surfed precentral, they would have told you to clean the dirt and dust
    out of your headphone jack.
    13 - If your Pre is still working, hold out for the next generation, you will not regret it.