1.    #1  
    Ok so us Pixi+ users have the update. Great. Im still hounding them for those of you with a Pre+. But what gets me is on the 27th @VZWSupport posted the following on Twitter:

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce the new Android 2.2 (Froyo) software update for the Droid Incredible by HTC. ENJOY!
    10:43 AM Aug 27th via web

Ok I get it. They love their Droids. But really. Its as though they just gave birth to a 3 headed love child who spurts rainbows, butterflies and hundred dollar bills and they couldnt be prouder. Yet us WebOS users dont even get any kind of posting saying 1.4.5 is out other than a reply to a few of our nagging tweets saying basically "yeah its out and you will get it when you get it" and thats it. I really hope HP/Palm sees they way they do not at all make WebOS users feel like part of the "Verizon family" and they make them change their attitude.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    I agree, but my list of what annoys me about Verizon is much longer than that, and starts with the GPS issue...
  3.    #3  
    That annoys me too but really with the attitude they have about WebOS I honestly dont see them fixing that anytime soon. Hopefully Im wrong though.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    It seems that Verizon never really cared about the Pre/Pixi... I wouldn't expect anything to get fixed.
    I'm with worker.. I'm upset with Verizon more then just the update but because EVERYONE i know is on Verizon kinda hard to move to another carrier
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6.    #6  
    I hear ya. My mom, aunt and all my uncles are on Verizon but my best friend and cousin are on Sprint and AT&T. If it werent for them I could easily drop down to the lower family plan and not have to get the one with the 10 friends/family. I just cant help but wonder if Verizon will embrace the next WebOS device or if us Verizon users are going to be left in the dust.
    Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Ok so us Pixi+ users have the update. Great. Im still hounding them for those of you with a Pre+. But what gets me is on the 27th @VZWSupport posted the following on Twitter:

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce the new Android 2.2 (Froyo) software update for the Droid Incredible by HTC. ENJOY!
    10:43 AM Aug 27th via web

Ok I get it. They love their Droids. But really. Its as though they just gave birth to a 3 headed love child who spurts rainbows, butterflies and hundred dollar bills and they couldnt be prouder. Yet us WebOS users dont even get any kind of posting saying 1.4.5 is out other than a reply to a few of our nagging tweets saying basically "yeah its out and you will get it when you get it" and thats it. I really hope HP/Palm sees they way they do not at all make WebOS users feel like part of the "Verizon family" and they make them change their attitude.
    Most Verizon employees trash WebOS like everyone else who has never truly used it. Face it, the Droid is their FLAGSHIP phone receiving the heaviest marketing push out of Verizonís entire current lineup of products. They make the most commission off these devices. I believe Verizon employees even go as far to trash the other phones they actually carry to make a point that the Android powered Droids are superior to any other phone out right now. This is fantastic for the employees and the commission they receive, but really hurts the end consumer who needs might not be in-line with the heavily marketed brand. This would include HP/Palm
    If I were a manufacturer who was not running Android, I seriously would think twice before releasing my device on a very slanted Android pushing Flagship Bias Verizon.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Wait till Apple makes a deal with Verizon and then there will be the Verizon Apple iPhone uber alles type of attitude...
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Most Verizon employees trash WebOS like everyone else who has never truly used it. Face it, the Droid is their FLAGSHIP phone receiving the heaviest marketing push out of Verizonís entire current lineup of products. They make the most commission off these devices. I believe Verizon employees even go as far to trash the other phones they actually carry to make a point that the Android powered Droids are superior to any other phone out right now. This is fantastic for the employees and the commission they receive, but really hurts the end consumer who needs might not be in-line with the heavily marketed brand. This would include HP/Palm
    If I were a manufacturer who was not running Android, I seriously would think twice before releasing my device on a very slanted Android pushing Flagship Bias Verizon.
    Very well said.
    Wish they would read this to the Verizon board.
    Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Quick little tale. Shortly after I got my VZW Pre plus, I called because mobile hotspot wasn't working. The tech support rep, who was very friendly and polite, while my phone was going through some test, asked why I went with the Pre instead of one of the android based phones. I said, as a Mac user, the Pre makes me fell more at home, is more elegant, and a better total experience. And until I can get an iPhone on VZW, I will "settle" for this better than android experience, and use my mobile hotspot with my iPod touch for things/apps I don't have on my Pre.

Her response was telling. That of the people she has asked that same question to (why the pre over a droid) - they all said they are waiting for the iPhone and are going to use mobile hotspot with their iOS device.

So I am sure the attitude, sadly, of VZW is, the webOS is only a bridge until they get an iPhone. I hope I am wrong, because I love my pre.