1.    #1  
    I sent in my Pre last Tuesday for a repair under warranty and two days later, the status of my repair was "Phone is being inspected/repaired." This message is still there as of today and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with cellphone repairs w/ Bell. How long did it take you to receive your repaired phone? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNstephen View Post
    I sent in my Pre last Tuesday for a repair under warranty and two days later, the status of my repair was "Phone is being inspected/repaired." This message is still there as of today and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with cellphone repairs w/ Bell. How long did it take you to receive your repaired phone? Thanks!
    When i was working for bell, i sent mine in, and didnt receive my replacement for just under 3.5 months. i bought it brand new on the launch day, and a 3 weeks later the screen died. so i had to process a repair. so you should make sure you have a backup phone. Luckily my boss had an extra pre that he received in a contest with bell, so I used his until my repair came. its a very slow process when it comes to the pre. The thing is they dont REPAIR the device, they actually send yo a REFURB. So your not even going to get back the same device you sent in (you can tell by ESN of original unit and ESN of new unit). so if there is low quantities of refurb units they make you wait until they get them in. This really ****ed me off because they should have sent me a NEW unit since the unit was barely used for 30 days.
    Last edited by greeky07; 08/27/2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added content.
    between 2-4 months is what I've seen. I opted to fix the phone myself because of this.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I'm picking up my 3rd replacement today. Only waited 3 and a half months for it. It was ordered the middle of May.
    Quote Originally Posted by greeky07 View Post
    The thing is they dont REPAIR the device, they actually send yo a REFURB.
    I was told when I called in last month to check on the status of my replacement that Bell does not issue refurb Pres anymore and that they will, in fact, repair the phone now.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you everyone for all your comments as of now, but I would encourage others to post their experience with Bell repairs (any phones) as I am getting really anxious right now ... should I just get a loaner phone (basic) for $25?
    I just sent mine in for a flat power button, they charged me $35 for a "repair quotation". Did you guys have to pay it?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm dropping my phone off tomorrow to get the blown speaker fixed. I had to phone around Calgary as not all of the stores have Palm Pre's available for loaners. I was told that I would have to get my c/c imprinted for the loaner phone and as I pay the $7/month for the loss/theft/damage insurance, I don't have to pay anything unless I lose the loaner.
  9.    #9  
    Toni: The $35 is charged when you send your phone in - if your phone is fixed under warranty, you get the $ back, if there is nothing wrong w/ the phone or is fixed not under the warranty, you don't. My sales rep waived the $35 because "I wasn't getting a loaner" (which is YMMV).
    Toni,
    Did you doctor your phone before taking it in? Are you concerned about them honouring the warranty on a phone that's been overclocked?
    What's with pre plus Bell/Verizon hybrid in your sig? - me wantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    He probably put his Bell Pre's Comm board into a Verizon Pre Plus so he could use it on his network. It's a popular modification for us who are still using first-gen Pres.
    Toni,
    Did you doctor your phone before taking it in? Are you concerned about them honouring the warranty on a phone that's been overclocked?
    I did a full erase right in front of them.

My original Bell Pre is now in the shop, I'm using my Pre Plus now (Verizon Pre Plus with Broken Screen Bell Pre modem swap).

Bell Pre Plus :: DSC00560.jpg picture by tonicipriani_swat - Photobucket
    Bell Pre Plus :: DSC00559.jpg picture by tonicipriani_swat - Photobucket

If you're in the GTA and you're interested, I have another broken Pre arriving soon, you can supply me a Pre Plus to get it modded. I posted in the Marketplace.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 09/02/2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you? Are you getting a broken pre plus that can be canabalized to upgrade my existing Bell pre or do I need to supply you with a broken or breakable pre to upgrade a pre plus?
    How much is this mod and will the resulting Frankenstein phone be usable with my current plan which I believe is the same discounted deal your on?
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you? Are you getting a broken pre plus that can be canabalized to upgrade my existing Bell pre or do I need to supply you with a broken or breakable pre to upgrade a pre plus?
    How much is this mod and will the resulting Frankenstein phone be usable with my current plan which I believe is the same discounted deal your on?
    I'll supply the broken Bell Pre, you supply the Pre Plus, or you can pay me to source one for you.

And so far I'm not seeing any trouble with the discount code, it's still showing on eCare. Bell still sees me as having a Palm Pre.

PM me if interested.