Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I purchased my Pre way back on September 1st. I have had to replace it a couple of times due to issues that I couldn't control, but sprint always gave me my same battery (as expected) for the new device. My dad had to exchange his pre too, but while he was there he complained about horrible horrible battery life, worse than it had been ever. Sprint gladly replaced his battery free of charge, and took his old one! Is this something that is regularly waranteed? My mom went in and also exchanged her battery after severe battery drop. They exchanged it for her too.

Now, for about a month, my battery has been to around 50-60% by 1 in the afternoon every day with litte use. So yesterday I went in and asked the Sprint guy about it, and he just handed me a new battery! He said he didn't even have to take the old one! I am very pleased with Sprint, and that store in particular. Sprint, ya didn't use to have great customer service, THANK YOU for stepping it up. Much appreciated.

CraziJake
    They only did that because they know the Pre is quite a problematic phone. I pretty much gave up on replacements. I'm waiting for a new Palm phone. Right now, I'm living with several problems. White spot on the screen, oreo ( don tell me that's how all vertical sliders are,look at the torch plz). Mute button doesn't work. Keyboard keeps laggin.....
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Still, that's pretty cool of them to do that for me.
    I have no problem with sprint, and my sweet pre. (Before Yes, since I got a new palm pre No).
    Hi Crazyjake, I would like to see if my Sprint store will give me a new one too. What do you recommend in how I approach them to increase my chances of getting a new one?
    The service can sometimes vary from store to store but Sprint overall has made great progress.
    does not surprise me. I have been with sprint for nearly 10 years now and have had nothing but great customer service from them. Good story
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    They only did that because they know the Pre is quite a problematic phone.
    Not true, battery is covered under warranty, so if Sprint wouldn't replace it, Palm would (of course assuming still under the 1 year warranty).

Also there are many stories of people on here getting the same service with their Treo's and Centro's.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazijake View Post
    So yesterday I went in and asked the Sprint guy about it, and he just handed me a new battery!
    Was it a brand new battery still in the packaging or did he just give you someone else's old battery?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Was it a brand new battery still in the packaging or did he just give you someone else's old battery?
    it was a brand new battery, it had the wrapping still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny6man View Post
    Hi Crazyjake, I would like to see if my Sprint store will give me a new one too. What do you recommend in how I approach them to increase my chaznces of getting a new one?
    I just told them how bad my battery had become over the past few weeks, and gave him some rough percentages on what it was doing, and he went to the back and got me one! Just explain it I guess!
    I went in once, and told them I was going on a 34 hour train trip. I asked if they sold the extended battery. He said they only sold the original, and he could order one for me. I told him I was leaving the next day. He said "hold on."

He went to the back office, came out and handed me a battery. He said "I'm not sure if it is charged (it wasn't packaged, but looked new)." I asked him how much it was, and he said not to worry about it "have a great trip."

I'm really nice to folks who are helping me, so I will sometimes get extra good service anyway. They don't usually give me expensive stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I went in once, and told them I was going on a 34 hour train trip. I asked if they sold the extended battery. He said they only sold the original, and he could order one for me. I told him I was leaving the next day. He said "hold on."

He went to the back office, came out and handed me a battery. He said "I'm not sure if it is charged (it wasn't packaged, but looked new)." I asked him how much it was, and he said not to worry about it "have a great trip."

I'm really nice to folks who are helping me, so I will sometimes get extra good service anyway. They don't usually give me expensive stuff though.
    That nice attitude towards them is the key.... I am always very nice and respectful to the employees and have never had to argue for a replacement ANYTHING... I have been with sprint for years now (like over 10) and have generally had excellent customer service, had phone upgrades months in advance ect...
    Yup, same thing happened to me. I went into a store and complained about my battery draining within seconds and the guy just picked up the nearest stock battery he could find and handed it to me. It wasn't wrapped or anything, but I'll take it. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup, same thing happened to me. I went into a store and complained about my battery draining within seconds and the guy just picked up the nearest stock battery he could find and handed it to me. It wasn't wrapped or anything, but I'll take it. :P
    It would be interesting to see what the health shows using the Dr. Battery app.