Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So on Monday I contacted Verizon via email on 1.4.5 and the NFL app. this was the response I got from them a few minutes ago

Good Morning (Removed),

My name is (removed) and I will be happy to address your concerns regarding the web OS 1.4.5 release and the NFL App for your Palm Pre Plus. I apologize however at this time we do not have any information on a release date for the web OS 1.4.5 for your Palm. The update will be released from Palm and once Verizon Wireless is notified, we then pass that information on to our customers. You may also check our website at www.verizonwireless.com/data and choose Palm and your phone. Then choose software upgrade, any upgrade available will appear on this page.

At this time the NFL app is not available for the Palm products. We are continually adding phones to this lineup so I recommend that you continue to check to see if your phone has been added. Again, this is not something that we have a listing of which phones the App will be available. You may also wish to check the synergy App store for your Palm, they may have a comparable App for NFL to use on your phone. You may check apps at Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses.

(removed), I am sorry that I am unable to provide more detailed information regarding any web OS release dates or information on when your phone will be available for the NFL App. I apologize for the delay in answering your email. At this time we have a higher than usual email queue and I appreciate your patience while we work to answer all our customers concerns. Again, my name is (removed) and I would like to thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

Thank You,

(removed)

Customer Service Coordinator, Internet Response Team

Albuquerque, NM
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  2.    #2  
    According to this email Palm still has the 1.4.5 update and hasn't released it to Verizon.. Only 2 things i can be thinking here... 1) The agent is lying to me. 2) Verizon is the one that found the error(save error) and sent it back to palm to fix. My next email is going to Palm to see what they say. Stay tuned to find out the answer from them!

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Whoa.. that bites. Verizon bought the NFL contract and now no-one with webOS gets to use it. They should give it back to Sprint so we can have it

Verizon is notoriously controlling with a lot of their services and will hold off on updates if they want even the smallest of changes to packages and apps. I really doubt the fault for it not being released lays anywhere but on the carriers. I can't believe it would be some new security issue they 'found' since it is both AT&T and Vzw holding back on different networks. It's definitely annoying to say the least. I totally feel for the non-Sprint users - especially the Verizon users who aren't getting the NFL app on top of it!
  4.    #4  
    I do like the fact that i'm the BEST part of Verizon Wireless!

huh?? what do you mean that's a canned part of the message... you mean I'm NOT the best part?

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I do like the fact that i'm the BEST part of Verizon Wireless!

huh?? what do you mean that's a canned part of the message... you mean I'm NOT the best part?
    lol...yea that makes a lot of sense there
    This is typical Verizon (Please note my avatar!).
    Withhold Updates, buy services but only offer them on a few platforms, screw with the GPS so you have to buy their app. If they didn't have such good coverage and all of my family wasn't entrenched in them, I would probably go somewhere else.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    lol...yea that makes a lot of sense there
    hehe yeah Verizon Land of the Gimped Home of the No Reach around

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    This is typical Verizon (Please note my avatar!).
    Withhold Updates, buy services but only offer them on a few platforms, screw with the GPS so you have to buy their app. If they didn't have such good coverage and all of my family wasn't entrenched in them, I would probably go somewhere else.

You hit the nail on the coffin.. My Mother in law almost had a fit when i told her we were moving to sprint cause it'll save us money... she said fine i'll just send a phone to my daughter to use... Great something else for her to lose misplace (ms does funny things to the brain) We stayed with V

8.    #8  
    Well I shouldn't have made this post here until i got the answer from Palm

It seems that HardBeatZ answered me on the forums... make me wonder if he saw this and didn't want to cause a issue

here was his response..

At this time we do not have any information as to when 1.4.5 would be made available for Verizon users.

Kinda makes you wonder if anyone is working on this at all? I mean you would think that SOMEONE would know. Obviously either its not going to happen on V or they just don't trust their customer service and customers enough to inform them.
  10.    #10  
    I would say they(V) doesn't trust their CS

I don't think we are ever going to get 1.4.5 why would they worry about the Pre/Pixi when they are making so much money off Droids.
    I emailed them too got a similar response. What the hell is going on! I just want PDK apps!
  13.    #13  
    If it doesn't happen fine (ok not really fine) but at least one of these companies need to be honest with me (us) and just fess up to it if that is the case.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I was hoping to get the NFL app for my Pre Plus... Too bad it looks like Web OS is being overlooked again on Verizon.

I switched to Verizon from AT&T a year ago to improve my coverage after dropping so many calls on my old iPhone 3G and BlackBerry Bold 9000. The coverage is much better, but that's about it. It's gotten to the point where if you're not using one of the latest Android phones, you do not get support.
    I'm betting we won't see 1.4.5 on VZW. By now there is certainly another release in the works. Carriers don't release updates unless they see tangible benefits that are worth the documentation/training/etc they have to do to support it. As few of us as there are, I could well imagine them holding off for the next update if it is coming soon. I'm ok with that as long as it doesn't take too long. Heck, I'm expecting 2.0 in the next 90 days, so that's a possibility.

I'm just saying...
    I contacted Palm and spoke to a level 3 tech and they said it was live for verizon and I needed to speak to them and it should be available. I think they want us to act like dogs chasing our tails
  17.    #17  
    It might be time for every Verizon customer on here to ask just that question... Where is my NFL app and Why haven't we gotten 1.4.5?

Hmm I picked the Pre over the OG Droid because I was worries about not getting updates with the Droid but looks like the tables turned. FMP
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Fine print regarding NFL Mobile:

Video content included with your data plan or feature through 8/31. Starting 9/1, a VCAST Video on Demand subscription is required to view video content.

I'm still going to call (again) about this app for webOS.
    I emailed V too. Its quite funny how they respond saying they don't know anything and their isn't any information available but they hope they were helpful by giving us the link to receive update via email....yeah not what I asked guys, thanks though...I guess. It would be more comforting if they said something like "sorry we don't have any information available but I'll forward your request to the responsible party in the company to let them know of your concerns."
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast