Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Not sure if I should say much more - might get someone in trouble if I start sharing specific details. But it should be here very soon.
    Im sorry if this sounds rude but I think we all expect it should be here very soon. You posted it being "closer than one might think" on the 19th. Had it come the following day or even the day after that I might have believed this to be real info. The fact that its now the 23rd and all you have to say is "very soon" doesnt sound to me like anything more than what the rest of us are already guessing on our own. If you have real info and are afraid to let that info out with your name/user id attached to it please feel free to PM it to me and Ill take whatever heat comes for posting these details.

That being said I stopped by two Verizon stores. Neither of the people working at either store claimed to even know the update exists. The punched some keys into the comp and looked at me with that blank clueless expression on their faces. I told them we know it exists since Sprint and other out of country carriers already had it released. The only answer I could get was "Verizon must have a reason for holding it back and we assure you the reason must be a good one" blah blah blah. I thought about stopping by an AT&T and asking them but since I dont have a plan there and didnt know even the cost or names of their plans I decided not to make an ***** of myself by trying to pretend to be a customer when Im not.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    very soon means nothing.

what is "very soon?"
    can you atleast clarify by saying one week, two weeks, etc. Otherwise you are just making stuff up, like everyone else with so called knowledge of the situation.

we need 1.4.5, we need an NFL app that is available on other vzw phones, we need a true gps fix, we need a vzw account access manager that is available on the dumbest of dumb vzw phones, we need vzw tech support to know how to provide TECH SUPPORT webOS devices. Vzw, support your phones!
    Sorry, can't say anything more. Very soon might mean within the next two weeks.
    In your version of "very soon", should I be removing my theme now, or still time for that?
  5.    #65  
    Theme and Kernals LOL

on 3 phones...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    In your version of "very soon", should I be removing my theme now, or still time for that?
    I took out all of my patches that are on the must be removed list three times already! Twice while still on Sprint and once on Verizon when Sprint got the update. Im not taking them out again until I see the download now button pop up in the update app!
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Reply from Verizon to the email I sent them yesterday. I have no idea what she is talking about with the codes to enter into the handset part. Not sure she has any idea either:

Good Afternoon Ms. *******,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Vernette, and I personally apologize for the delay in responding to your recent inquiry. I understand you would like to know when the software update will be available to the 1.4.5.1 update. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. I’m sure you're excited to have your devices updated. I will be happy to provide information regarding the software update.

Ms. *******, first, I would like to thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your wireless service provider. I have reviewed the software update and show this update became available as of 8/11/2010. When it's time for your handset to be updated, you will receive a text or email with the instructions on how to update the software over the air. Over the air means you will be provided codes to enter on the handset.

Ms. *******, again, I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. I hope the information regarding the software update was helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You truly are a valued customer, and we look forward to hearing from you. We thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless for your wireless needs. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Vernette

Verizon Wireless Customer Service
    Melissa
  8.    #68  
    wait wait wait..... 1.4.5.1 was available on 8/11/2010??? from where and who and how!!!!

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    LMAO! Im wondering if thats the day Verizon updated their Pixi+ benefits of updating page so thats the date shes seeing? No idea. Thats not the day Sprint got it is it? I need to go look now.

Edit. How interesting. Sprint got it late (my time late) on the 10th but it wasnt working until it looks like early morning on the 11th for most people.
    Melissa
  10.    #70  
    hmmm make me wonder who is jerkin who now.....

Screenshots of my email to Verizon and their reply. Ignore the blue stuff. It was a poor attemt at getting my last name/email addy out of the shots lol.

Edit to add there are two screenshots here but for some reason they look like one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melissa
  12.    #72  
    hmmm interesting....

sigh love Verizon but hate their policies / politics / attitude

Ive only been with Verizon for a few weeks so I have little opinion as to their way of business. I will say Sprint gave little to no communication about the update either from what I could see and it doesnt look as though people on AT&T have any info either. Personally this update wouldnt have meant a whole lot to me had I not left my Pre for a Pixi+. Im really wanting my apps I lost when I made that move back. If anything at least I did learn today how to take a screenshot on Windows 7 because I had no idea how to do it until I looked it up! lol
    Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

we need 1.4.5, we need an NFL app that is available on other vzw phones, we need a true gps fix, we need a vzw account access manager that is available on the dumbest of dumb vzw phones, we need vzw tech support to know how to provide TECH SUPPORT webOS devices. Vzw, support your phones!
    why would you need an Access Manager when they give you the Mobile Hot spot for free? Do you just LIKE wires? Color me confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    why would you need an Access Manager when they give you the Mobile Hot spot for free? Do you just LIKE wires? Color me confused.
    not sure why you're confused...

so I can keep track of how many minutes my wife and I are using in our shared voice plan?

so I can keep track of how text messages we are sending?

website for account manager is not accessible via wifi, has to be connected via 3G.

every other vzw phone has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Sorry, can't say anything more. Very soon might mean within the next two weeks.

To all you haterz: I told ya!

http://www.precentral.net/webos-145-...users-standing

VZW Pre Plus 1.4.5 to drop very soon now. I have my sources. And they always come through.
  17.    #77  
    You made that announcement 2 weeks ago.. I don't consider that very soon.. but i will give you credit.

spoke to a verizon "tech" today, he had no knowledge of any updates, even after i informed him of the pixi update today. no knowledge of the gps problems( his answer was to pay for vz nav... not happening), nor had he heard anything about the EOL for pre & pixi. Its pretty pitiful when the customer has to inform the tech dept of the happenings on their carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    You made that announcement 2 weeks ago.. I don't consider that very soon.. but i will give you credit.
    Well, actually, it was less than two weeks ago, as you can see in my post here: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ml#post2621952 . That post is dated 08/23/2010, which is just one week and one day old - not two weeks.

My hidden text in that post says:
    Very soon might mean within the next two weeks.
    You'll see this hidden text if you highlight the whole line.

As I said before, Pre Plus 1.4.5 on VZW will drop very soon now. Hopefully, people will start appreciating and believing me now when I bother to share this kind of info. I don't go digging for it for no reason!
    give us some hidden text for the pre plus release date!!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast