Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Fine print regarding NFL Mobile:

Video content included with your data plan or feature through 8/31. Starting 9/1, a VCAST Video on Demand subscription is required to view video content.

I'm still going to call (again) about this app for webOS.
    So the other Verizon customers that do get the app on their phone have to pay extra for the video highlight portion of the app? That's absolutely terrible if that's what that means.
    ... "a" nfl app exists...sprint pre had it last season...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    One thing that bothers me is the attitude of "we have no information on the update". How about saying if it is being worked on at all or not as the response.

On the AT&T side, I found out that the update is going through QA and should be out by the end of September, so I am waiting on that.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    One thing that bothers me is the attitude of "we have no information on the update". How about saying if it is being worked on at all or not as the response.

On the AT&T side, I found out that the update is going through QA and should be out by the end of September, so I am waiting on that.
    Great to hear for AT&T to bad that will be after the Hot apps contest ends.... Verizon says that they don't even have it. I'm about to do a executive email....
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Maybe they dont have it. Or at least dont have it the way they want it. My guess would be they are either adding in their own updates/changes or they found something in the version they were already given that they didnt like and are waiting for it to be changed. It seems to odd to me that two carriers would hold off on letting the update go so long after Sprint lets it out. Its like the Sprint people are the US testers and once AT&T/Verizon are happy with that testing they will say ok lets do it.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  6.    #26  
    Well according to my email from Verizon they don't have it... According to Palm Verizon has it (according to one post)

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Ok heres a question for you since I honestly dont know the answer. Lets say Palm gave Verizon the update and Verizon found things in it they didnt like or want. I assume Palm would have to make those changes yes? What about if Verizon got the update and then wanted to add things of their own to it? Would Verizon make those changes on their end or would they then have to send the changes to Palm and Palm would add them in and then send another update back to Verizon? It just seems so odd to me that both AT&T and Verizon are holding updates back for so long. There has to be a reason other than customer torture. Maybe Sprint makes their changes on their end and AT&T send it out for someone else to do which is what takes so much longer?
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Ok heres a question for you since I honestly dont know the answer. Lets say Palm gave Verizon the update and Verizon found things in it they didnt like or want. I assume Palm would have to make those changes yes? What about if Verizon got the update and then wanted to add things of their own to it? Would Verizon make those changes on their end or would they then have to send the changes to Palm and Palm would add them in and then send another update back to Verizon? It just seems so odd to me that both AT&T and Verizon are holding updates back for so long. There has to be a reason other than customer torture. Maybe Sprint makes their changes on their end and AT&T send it out for someone else to do which is what takes so much longer?

Honestly, I think the only people that know that is Palm and Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Honestly, I think the only people that know that is Palm and Verizon
    That's assuming a lot. Assuming either knows anything that is going on?

Riiiiight.

However, since 1.4.5 was out in Europe 2 months ago, and Sprint has had it for about 2 weeks now, I am laying the blame squarely on Verizon.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    That's assuming a lot. Assuming either knows anything that is going on?

Riiiiight.

However, since 1.4.5 was out in Europe 2 months ago, and Sprint has had it for about 2 weeks now, I am laying the blame squarely on Verizon.
    I like your thoughts and your twitter I think it's time for a tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I like your thoughts and your twitter I think it's time for a tweet
    http://forums.precentral.net/2615470-post2365.html

Hit 'em fast and hard.
    Oh, Major... I have tweeted @Verizon @VerizonSupport @VZWSupport @VerizonWireless @palm off and on for days about this issue and though all the VZW accounts are constantly tweeting people about FIOS and crap, they have ignored any of mine about this.
    Oh, Major... I have tweeted @Verizon @VerizonSupport @VZWSupport @VerizonWireless @palm off and on for days about this issue and though all the VZW accounts are constantly tweeting people about FIOS and crap, they have ignored any of mine about this.
    Ive tweeted as well and see that they simply ignore them and move on to others.
    Melissa
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Email response regarding NFL Mobile:

Good Afternoon! My name is Thomas, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this matter has caused. I will be more than happy to assist you regarding available applications for your mobile phone. At this time, I do not show a date for the availability of the NFL Mobile application for Palm devices. The next update for this application is September 1, 2010. After this update more devices are expected to be added. As an alternative, you do have the option to download an application from the Palm catalog called NFL Superfan. This application is free of charge and as your advocate I have sent this information to your mobile phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Email response regarding NFL Mobile:

Good Afternoon! My name is Thomas, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this matter has caused. I will be more than happy to assist you regarding available applications for your mobile phone. At this time, I do not show a date for the availability of the NFL Mobile application for Palm devices. The next update for this application is September 1, 2010. After this update more devices are expected to be added. As an alternative, you do have the option to download an application from the Palm catalog called NFL Superfan. This application is free of charge and as your advocate I have sent this information to your mobile phone.
    SURE!!!!!!

If you have DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket.

That was a waste of an answer and internet bandwidth.
  16.    #36  
    SURE!!!!!!

If you have DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket.

That was a waste of an answer and internet bandwidth.
    Agreed! I have directv but not the nfl sunday ticket.. note for a extra $200+

should have asked him for his superfan UID and PW
    I am on sprint and I am sure gonna miss nfl mobile. If I was not home on a thursday night could always watch the game from my pre,it was great. Keeping track of my fantasy players. It was just a great app. Hope they get it going for you guys on verizon. The new sprint nfl app says it is still under construction for 2010 and will be ready for the start of the regular season.
    This is the tweet I got back from Verizon - At this time we do not have information for the Palm WebOS 1.4.5 update. *AN
    Melissa
    What did you expext to get back?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast