1.    #1  
    Long story short my daughters Pixi+ on Verizon has a problem with the ringer switch so Verizon is sending me a referb which will be here tomorrow. Kinda annoys me its a referb since we just switched to Verizon and got new phones a week ago but whatever - as long as it works. Anyway today I get the email saying it shipped and all that but the phone number on the email matches my sons phone number and not my daughters phone number. My sons phone works fine so no need to switch his out at this point. This means when I get it and activate it his phone will turn off and switch to the referb yes? Leaving me with no active phone for my daughter? Do I just call Verizon and tell them before activating it? Can they switch the number so it activates on the correct line? Thanks.

Melissa
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/17/2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: corrected baby's typo :)
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    You should be able to tell them which number is being replaced... I've switched phones with my kids before and it's real easy to switch numbers between phones.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Thats what I was hoping.

*sorry for the spelling error in the title! 4yr old on the lap lol*
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Their records might be wrong about which phone should go in there, but I don't think the Pre actually gets associated with a number until you sign in to your profile, right? I may be wrong, I am on Sprint, but that's my understanding with Sprint.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the number is tied to the ESN through the carrier. You can assign any of your numbers to any phone from the carrier. You can do it either by calling or, on verizon at least, you can do it straight from the verizon web page. You just need to have the phones ESN and assign it to which ever number you want it to be on...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Their records might be wrong about which phone should go in there, but I don't think the Pre actually gets associated with a number until you sign in to your profile, right? I may be wrong, I am on Sprint, but that's my understanding with Sprint.
    Yeah Im not sure thats correct. When I moved from Sprint to Verizon I didnt transfer my phone number. I got the new phone from Verizon and just signed into my Palm profile and all of my apps came over onto the new number. I think your profile is strictly for Palm purposes and not for carrier purposes. Same goes for my friend who switches between her AT&T Pre+ and her Sprint Pre. She logs off one and onto the other and her info syncs in but her numbers never change.
    Melissa
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the number is tied to the ESN through the carrier. You can assign any of your numbers to any phone from the carrier. You can do it either by calling or, on verizon at least, you can do it straight from the verizon web page. You just need to have the phones ESN and assign it to which ever number you want it to be on...
    I just tried to figure out how to do this online and cant find it. Im still not at all used to Verizon's website though to be quite honest so Im sure its there and Im just looking in the wrong place. Ill try again later to find it and if I cant Ill call Verizon before I turn on the new phone tomorrow when it comes and they should be able to fix it.
    Melissa
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Log into your verizon profile. On the right side, under "I want to", there should be an option to activate a phone. Click on that and it will ask you which line. After info about doing a back up, it will ask for the ESN of the new phone... Let me know if you can find it. If not, I can take a screen shot for you...
    Here is a solution to try from HardbeatZ (in Palm support):
    Are you saying that *228 does not work? Just hit call emergency service. Wipe out the 911 and then hit *228. ...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...n-problem.html

If that doesn't work, then call VZ customer service and they will fix it for you.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Log into your verizon profile. On the right side, under "I want to", there should be an option to activate a phone. Click on that and it will ask you which line. After info about doing a back up, it will ask for the ESN of the new phone... Let me know if you can find it. If not, I can take a screen shot for you...
    Ok thanks. I actually did see that but thought since the Pixi+ activates itself the first time you turn it on I couldnt do it online. It makes the call for you and you just sit there until it hangs up. What Ill do is when it gets here Ill let it activate on whichever line it decides it wants and then Ill switch it over to the correct line online. If I cant work it out Ill call Verizon. That is if Fedex ever gets here. They are later and later recently!
    Melissa
  11.    #11  
    Well that didnt work. The phone gets here and I try to activate it. No bars. Not even a hint of service. Try 4 times then call Verizon. Guy has me manually program the phone. Ok great. Get to the Palm profile sign-in page and sign in. No service still so it cant sign in. The Verizon phone Im calling them from has 4 bars as does my sons phone so its clearly an issue with the phone and not a service issue. 25 mins later I get tech support on the line. Lady tries and tries and nothing. Finally she says "Havent you only had this service for like a week?" I said "Yep." she says "Why did they send you a referb and not a brand new phone?" I said "I have no idea and the lady on the phone Monday wasnt into explaining why to me so I just figured take the referb as long as it works." she says "No way. Im overnighting you a new in box phone. Mail back the original one and the referb when you get it tomorrow." ok! Im just hoping it gets here tomorrow like she said and that it works with no issues because Im leaving at 4am Friday morning for vacation and really want to have the phone with me. The only thing that would make me even happier would be for Verizon to slip me an update so I can download some of the games Im missing from leaving my Pre behind for a Pixi+ but thats another thread all together lol.
    Melissa
    I am glad it worked out, well after a while.
    <This Page is Blank>