Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Im a Sprint customer and Im no longer getting SMS or 1x data while roaming. I see the 1x symbol, but the data never passes through, nor can I send or receive SMS.
    you need to go to phone prefernces and enable data while roaming.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. It's enabled. SMS does not go over data either.. so there seems to be two issues while roaming.
    One of my colleagues had an issue where they couldn't get on the internet or recieve email. Sprint did a profile reset and still didn't fix the problem they ended up giving them another pre.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Interesting.. Id like to keep my Pre I'll give them a call and see what's up.. otherwise keep to 'Sprint Only'.
    It actually is dependent upon what network you are roaming on. Not all of them can do data for Sprint or allow it, others do or they have agreements with them to allow it.

I remember when I was visiting my son and we went in to DC, I could use data everywhere, no problem with emails or texts, except on little area near the national mall. I called and asked and they said I hit a roaming area and that company, (I don't remember which one!) couldn't handle their data.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    SMS should send/receive fine.....mms will not however unless on 3G
    Try updating your PRL in your phone menu>preferences.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    also update network settings
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sometimes your ability to send and receive data and SMS will change based on how the company providing the bandwidth decides to change their settings. Sprint doesn't necessarily have control over the other networks settings.

In DC, Verizon decided to change the setting to the roaming agreement Sprint shared with them which lessened availability to their data services. Regular phone calls still worked fine though.
    Sprint has just changed their policy on data roaming. If you go to your account management page on MySprint, and look at detailed usage for your phones, you'll see that they are now tracking Sprint Data Roaming. I called and asked about that last night and was told this is a policy change that occurred on or about August 8th. For example, if you are not in a Sprint service area, and you do any that requires data, it will now be recorded. It also didn't matter if I was in a Sprint coverage or not. If their towers are too busy to handle my call, and it gets routed through a Verizon tower, I'd be liable for those charges whether I was aware I was roaming or not. I asked that since they were changing the terms of my plan, I would be able to leave with no ETF. I was told that this has always been a part of my plan, and that now they are going to strart tracking/enforcing/charging for them. There is a 300mb limit/month on data roaming, and a 5gb/month limit on data while on the Sprint network. I looked at my agreement and see that this applies only to modems/broadband cards, etc. I was also told that I would be getting a letter about this. Anyone else hear anything or look at their bill.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I went online and checked my Sprint bill yesterday and noticed at the bottom that there was a marker on my data portion of my bill summary, I clicked it open and observed that there was 490kb of data roaming but there was $0.00 charge next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Sprint has just changed their policy on data roaming. If you go to your account management page on MySprint, and look at detailed usage for your phones, you'll see that they are now tracking Sprint Data Roaming. I called and asked about that last night and was told this is a policy change that occurred on or about August 8th. For example, if you are not in a Sprint service area, and you do any that requires data, it will now be recorded. It also didn't matter if I was in a Sprint coverage or not. If their towers are too busy to handle my call, and it gets routed through a Verizon tower, I'd be liable for those charges whether I was aware I was roaming or not. I asked that since they were changing the terms of my plan, I would be able to leave with no ETF. I was told that this has always been a part of my plan, and that now they are going to strart tracking/enforcing/charging for them. There is a 300mb limit/month on data roaming, and a 5gb/month limit on data while on the Sprint network. I looked at my agreement and see that this applies only to modems/broadband cards, etc. I was also told that I would be getting a letter about this. Anyone else hear anything or look at their bill.
    Guess what? They've been tracking that forever! They are just giving you a tool to know how much you are using it so you know if you are roaming excessively. The excessive roaming policy has been in effect for months.
    For some reason I am in LA and if I am roaming on Verizon there is no data period!!!!! Even, with data roaming enabled. It started like month ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Guess what? They've been tracking that forever! They are just giving you a tool to know how much you are using it so you know if you are roaming excessively. The excessive roaming policy has been in effect for months.
    I understand that they have been tracking it. But the excessive roaming policy, as described in their terms of service are not for phone, but broadband cards, phone modems, etc:

"Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem):The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB."

They are now going to start enforcing those limits for regular cell phone data usage, ie when you download a file, or are using Sprint Navigation, or Sprint TV or other non-voice related features. The limitations I was given were the same as here. The reason was since other carriers are doing it, Sprint should to.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."