1.    #1  
    Just got a text message from Sprint a few minutes ago saying the following... anyone else get this?

SprintFreeMsg:Thanks for your loyalty. Go the Distance for a chance to win a great getaway or new phone:
    http://gospv.com/gtd1 Reply END to stop
    I've never seen Sprint send this stuff out before. Anyone else?
    I got this one yesterday
    yeah. is it legit?
    Yes
    Last night I got the same thing. I just disregard the msg.
    yup thanks for being a loyal customer here is some spam. Thanks sprint you are so generous. I send you $150 a month you send me spam what a **** move.
    It's a contest to win a free phone or a bunch of other stuff, if you don't like it delete the text. It's not like they are constantly flooding your inbox with spam
    i didnt get anything like that guess im not special lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  9.    #9  
    Meh.. the texts aren't a problem. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting some random 'spam' text from someone shady.

Thanks for the replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It's a contest to win a free phone or a bunch of other stuff, if you don't like it delete the text. It's not like they are constantly flooding your inbox with spam
    It's an ad sent to my phone It seems somewhat petty and an insult for a customer who has been with Sprint for years and has spent thousands of dollars on there services and products. It seemed like a free accessory or an extra 20% of your next phone upgrade might be just a little less patronizing. But without any better alternative to sprint I guess I should be happy it's not a rate increase. Oh I forgot they slid that in with every new smart phone with an arbitrary 4G charge whether it's available in my area or not. Just venting about sprint not at you 063_xobx just seems like they could have done things a little nicer for its loyal base. The text wasn't that big of a deal just seemed cheap to me but i'm cranky sometimes.
    Yes, they are legit, from Sprint, they send them out every now and then. My friend and I both have Sprint and get them, usually within hours of each other.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I you do not like getting them, you can block them, easily enough. You can block any number from texting you, be it short code or a regular phone number and you can do it right from your phone, no need to go log-in to your actual Sprint account.

Send a text message to short code 9999 and in the text field type BLOCK followed by the number you want to block from your texts. After a short while, you'll get a message back that will confirm that [number] has been blocked from texting your phone.

To unblock someone, follow the same procedure, but type UNBLOCK followed by the number.

Just recently learned this from Sprint, when their site wasn't working and I needed to make a change to my block list.

Just because it is from Sprint, you do not have to put up with it, if it annoys you. This is, basically, your way of opting out!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I don't see the need to get all bent out of shape for a random text once very few months.
    Seems some people just want to complain.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i got 2 of them in a row, about a minute apart. I had requested months ago to not spam me in any way shape or form. The rep was like, "well you might miss out on free minutes given away if you do," and I was ok with that. guess not.....oh cali here.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    All I ever get are emails insinuating that I have bad credit, a prescription drug problem, and a small ******. None of which are from Sprint.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    All I ever get are emails insinuating that I have bad credit, a prescription drug problem, and a small ******. None of which are from Sprint.
    Um, could you forward those to me...?

I got the sweepstakes txt as well.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    I don't see the need to get all bent out of shape for a random text once very few months.
    Seems some people just want to complain.
    I used to have AT&T and for a while we got a lot of spam texts. Getting one now and then is not so bad. I just hope this "campaign" is not very successful so they don't make it a habit...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken