Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    You have got to be kidding. Now the Droid 2 is selling with FLASH 10.1 and an SD card slot. Droid 2 article at Android Central. Since the Pre was first shown there have been several "droid" phones that have come out. HP, PLEASE, PLEASE give us something to look forward to. Even a teaser wold be nice. This dead silence is deafening.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  2. #2  
    I agree !! It's way too quiet.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #3  
    Who came up with the idea to keep things hush-hush? It's a stupid stratigy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I agree !! It's way too quiet.
    I know you and I will not be leaving any time soon but I have to say that there are many reasons to jump. I can understand why some do. My 24y old son had waited with a smashed up phone for mos. in hopes that there would be a new 4g palm. Last week I told him to just go and get the EVO. I got him off "V" and moved him to Sprint for cost. He now runs his home network through his EVO with 4g and saves even more. I hated to tell him to do it but it was a no brainer. Now I have my wife bugging me. We just need something of HPalm to chew on.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5. #5  
    I'm in the Same boat as many of you I want new hardware. The thing is I got my Pre Plus in April when I was ready to upgrade. So i have many many moons to wait until I can get my next phone
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I'm in the Same boat as many of you I want new hardware. The thing is I got my Pre Plus in April when I was ready to upgrade. So i have many many moons to wait until I can get my next phone
    Major- I would bet that if HPalm came out with a 3.8-4" screen with Gorilla glass, slide out keyboard, SD slot, 4g for WiMAX and LTE, Flash and bigger battery you would beg, borrow and steal to pay the price. I know I would. Tell me your not first in line!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7. #7  
    I am getting impatient and, right now, am just hanging on to see if something good comes out in the near future. If not, I will probably jump to an Evo.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    You have got to be kidding. Now the Droid 2 is selling with FLASH 10.1 and an SD card slot. Droid 2 article at Android Central. Since the Pre was first shown there have been several "droid" phones that have come out. HP, PLEASE, PLEASE give us something to look forward to. Even a teaser wold be nice. This dead silence is deafening.
    You know..other than the like 6 different manufacturers for the Android platform...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    You know..other than the like 6 different manufacturers for the Android platform...
    As of this week, Motorola alone will have come out with three separate Droid-branded devices. With an additional "Droid Pro" scheduled for November.

    I can't even count how many HTC has on the market.

    I can count how many Palm has out though.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Who came up with the idea to keep things hush-hush? It's a stupid stratigy.
    Not sure if they came up with it, but apple uses it alot..

    and it's a great strategy! You announce a product, give it just the right amount of time until everyone hears about it, and release it at the peak of it's hype. which is usually about 3-5 weeks.


    I'd like to know to, but it wouldn't work well for hp informing us what's coming in November, the earliest you can hear that is late September.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Not sure if they came up with it, but apple uses it alot..

    and it's a great strategy! You announce a product, give it just the right amount of time until everyone hears about it, and release it at the peak of it's hype. which is usually about 3-5 weeks.


    I'd like to know to, but it wouldn't work well for hp informing us what's coming in November, the earliest you can hear that is late September.
    Well, people pretty much know apple will release one every summer. They can wait til 3 weeks to go before spilling the beans.

    In this case, noone has a clue when HP will ever release a phone. How about, we expect to in so and so quarter? Will the Pre form factor be updated or will it be something new? That much they need to know and could share.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Well, people pretty much know apple will release one every summer. They can wait til 3 weeks to go before spilling the beans.

    In this case, noone has a clue when HP will ever release a phone. How about, we expect to in so and so quarter? Will the Pre form factor be updated or will it be something new? That much they need to know and could share.
    They had about a million current gen palm phones they need to get rid of, the last thing they need is to say "hey, we are going to announce a product in September".


    Palm's just gone through a huge change, and hp is going through a pretty big one itself. Let's give it some time.
  13. #13  
    I just got my phone so I'll be waiting until 2011 until I can get a new phone, so I'm fine now. But, shadavis08, you are REALLY creeping me out with that spider. I'm scared of spiders lol.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

    Here to help and learn
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    They had about a million current gen palm phones they need to get rid of, the last thing they need is to say "hey, we are going to announce a product in September".


    Palm's just gone through a huge change, and hp is going through a pretty big one itself. Let's give it some time.
    Surely you jest. The stock that HP has is already being "sold" for free from their website (As a matter of fact, they are paying people to take them by offering a $50 HP giftcard on top). I don't think they're looking to make any money from these devices, nor are they delaying the relaunch of WebOS 2.0 on a new viable smartphone/tablet/slate etc. because they want to get rid of this junk they bought from Palm.

Posting Permissions