Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    60669 time everybody!
  2. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #2  
    Any add'l info on what this version adds?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  3. #3  
    How do you guys know when to update the PRL. Or do you just update it constantly?
  4. #4  
    constantly
  5. #5  
    Must not be constantly, I've been on 60669 for over a week, now!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    ummm....what's a PRL update?
  7. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    ummm....what's a PRL update?
    All Verizon and Sprint EVDO modems have a Preferred Roaming List (or PRL) embedded in the card. This list tells your card which towers to look for when establishing connection, including towers from other carriers that Sprint/Verizon has roaming agreements with. As new EVDO towers are installed or new roaming agreements are reached, your PRL will become out of date because it won't know to hunt for these new towers. You may be in an EVDO area, but if your card doesn't have the tower in the list, it won't know to attempt to connect to the new tower!
    Your EVDO modem does not automatically "know" to add new towers to its PRL, so it is highly recommended that you manually update your PRL monthly so that you can ensure that your EVDO device is always able to connect to the currently available EVDO towers.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    All Verizon and Sprint EVDO modems have a Preferred Roaming List (or PRL) embedded in the card. This list tells your card which towers to look for when establishing connection, including towers from other carriers that Sprint/Verizon has roaming agreements with. As new EVDO towers are installed or new roaming agreements are reached, your PRL will become out of date because it won't know to hunt for these new towers. You may be in an EVDO area, but if your card doesn't have the tower in the list, it won't know to attempt to connect to the new tower!
    Your EVDO modem does not automatically "know" to add new towers to its PRL, so it is highly recommended that you manually update your PRL monthly so that you can ensure that your EVDO device is always able to connect to the currently available EVDO towers.
    ah. i wouldn't even know the first thing about updating the PRL.

    care to enlighten me?
  9. #9  
    left corner the phone app, settings, update network settings and update prl will be in there.
  10. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    left corner the phone app, settings, update network settings and update prl will be in there.
    I don't see anything like that on my VZW Pre
  11. #11  
    Oh man. It updated again?

    I hope they fixed how they made me drop like 3 bars of service at home from last update.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I don't see anything like that on my VZW Pre
    VZW Pre does not have this ability via the phone menu. Open the phone app, dial *228 then choose option #2
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh man. It updated again?

    I hope they fixed how they made me drop like 3 bars of service at home from last update.
    Oh, you must be on an iPhone. JK
  14. Ty
    Ty is offline
    Ty's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Oh, you must be on an iPhone. JK
    Oooooh burn.... It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true.
  15. rawvega's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Any add'l info on what this version adds?
    PRL 60669 Changes
  16. #16  
    Wow... I had doctored my phone a few days ago & it was at 60662. Lmao!! Need to update!! Haha.
  17. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    This puts in perspective how PRL updates are really nothing to get excited about.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  18. #18  
    Im actually hoping this helps with a problem Ive been experiencing lately (about a month).

    I have the Simply Everything plan with Sprint, and only recently, Ive noticed apps such as Pandora & CardAce ALWAYS force my phone to go from EV to 1X mode. As soon as I close the app, it goes back to EV. I was guessing it could have been a roaming issue, but here on Long Island, everyone here has a cell phone tower in their backyard (so many towers here). I hope this helps...

Posting Permissions