1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. Im thinking about switching from my Sprint Pre to a Verizon Pixi + and am wondering if I do that do I keep my same Palm profile? I just log in and thats it? Will it pull all of the apps I have on the Pre that will work with the Pixi +? Is there any list where I can look to see which of my apps will not work on the Pixi +? Thanks.

Melissa
    Yes... you just wont have all the same apps... log in with your palm username and password as always.
  3.    #3  
    Will I have any of my apps or are they all going to be gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    same apps, same everything.
    There are some verizon only apps that wont be available from her profile anymore... like the official mobile hotspot will be gone, as Sprint does not allow tethering.

<edit> oops... from sprint to verizon not the other way around... yeah... everything will be there.
    There are some apps that only currently work for the Pre & not on the Pixi. Why not switch to Pre Plus on Verizon?
  6.    #6  
    Because I would have to pay for a Pre+ when I can get the Pixi+ for free. Im switching 4 lines and Verizon is already making me pay a deposit. So I would rather save a bit of money even if I lose a few apps.
    Well, you will also get a slower webOS device...Pixi Plus is definitely not as fast as the Pre or Pre Plus. But I believe once webOS 1.4.5 come out, more PDK apps will show up for the Pixi.

Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Because I would have to pay for a Pre+ when I can get the Pixi+ for free. Im switching 4 lines and Verizon is already making me pay a deposit. So I would rather save a bit of money even if I lose a few apps.
    I don't know,,going from a pre to a pixie is like going from hd tv to black and white. I'll always pay a few extra bucks for the hd.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah I know what you mean. Right now Im thinking its going to get my husband and kids all much better phones than what they have now so its worth me taking a little downgrade. Plus Im really hoping 1.4.5 gets moving along here soon which should help. Then even better Palm will hopefully give us some nice new device before Christmas so a few months with the Pixi wont kill me. I hope! lol. If it does Ill be out getting a Pre+ for sure.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    You'll be fine, I did this yesterday. Went from a Sprint Pre to a Pre Plus on Verizon.

You could grab the Pre Plus from Amazon.com for a penny by the way!