Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I refuse to switch to the evo. Even temporarily if it means I lose my current plan never to get it back even if I switch back. Right now I pay $70 for an everything plan minus 10% bc of my govnt I'd #. If you change to the evo the least I'd be paying is $90 for unlimited messages and data with 450 anytime minutes. WACK!!!!!
    How do you figure 90? the evo requires an additional 10/month putting you at 80/month. After discount youre looking at 72 vs 63. Small difference to have unlimited Data and be able to use 4G.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    What would you do if the next Palm device has 4G? If the next Palm device on Sprint has 4G, you will have to pay the $10 fee also. It's not an exclusive EVO-only fee.
    You can also get in via Sprint Employee referral program which requires a sprint employee email and employee id (available via search on google). I believe this is a better deal for you if you are on a 10% discount.

Also, are add-ons not subject to the 10% discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    You can also get in via Sprint Employee referral program which requires a sprint employee email and employee id (available via search on google). I believe this is a better deal for you if you are on a 10% discount.

That is correct, only the base $69.99/month fee is "discount-worthy". The $10 4G fee, along with teh $29.99 Wifi Hotspot fee, are not "discountable".
  6.    #6  
    for now it is just the evo. If you look at the plans on sprint.com when looking up the evo the cheapest is 89.99$

now if palm comes out with a new 4G phone then I would get it. But for now why change companies and pay more when I can ride out the cheaper plan with a phone equally superior.
  7.    #7  
    I read that I would need a new plan and cannot go back to my current if I change
    Although the EVO is a technically impressive phone, the fact is that it runs Android, and it is just too cluttered for my taste.
  9.    #9  
    exactly. Back to my original point, it's not worth giving up my current plan. It looks nice & I'm interested but I think I'll wait
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    That is correct, only the base $69.99/month fee is "discount-worthy". The $10 4G fee, along with teh $29.99 Wifi Hotspot fee, are not "discountable".
    One thing not advertised about the hot spot fee is that it is a pro rated add-on i.e. if you enable it on the 10th and have it disabled on the 20th you only pay for the 10 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    exactly. Back to my original point, it's not worth giving up my current plan. It looks nice & I'm interested but I think I'll wait
    Epic 4G is technically a better phone (spec wise). Form factor wise since it has a hardware keyboard it is a bit bulkier. However, with teh next gen processors coming in by the next few months EVO 2 or something similar may be a better idea.

How are you arriving at $89.99 with EVO? there is only $10 surcharge for a 4G device.
    the base sprint plan with data is 69.99. The evo is an additional 9.99/month.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Let me begin this by saying that I have an EVO and have been a Sprint user for about 10yrs.
    I refuse to switch to the evo. Even temporarily if it means I lose my current plan never to get it back even if I switch back. Right now I pay $70 for an everything plan minus 10% bc of my govnt I'd #. If you change to the evo the least I'd be paying is $90 for unlimited messages and data with 450 anytime minutes. WACK!!!!!
    The EVO requires either the Everything Data or Simply Everything plan + the extra $10. You are on an everything plan so you would simply have to pay an extra $10 and, if you switched back, you'd be paying the same you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by brillrick View Post
    What would you do if the next Palm device has 4G? If the next Palm device on Sprint has 4G, you will have to pay the $10 fee also. It's not an exclusive EVO-only fee.
    There will never be another Palm device, HP bought Palm. As for WebOS, at this point it is unclear what HP is going to do with it. It is believed that HP will use it in a line of Tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post

I found a thread on slickdeals.com and ended up with a 25% discount on my bill. I currently pay $70/month for my EVO w/ Everything Data and insurance. There are much better deals than your 10% off out there, you just have to look for them.

for now it is just the evo. If you look at the plans on sprint.com when looking up the evo the cheapest is 89.99$

now if palm comes out with a new 4G phone then I would get it. But for now why change companies and pay more when I can ride out the cheaper plan with a phone equally superior.
    The Everything Data plan w/ 450min per month and unlimited everything else is $69.99/month. Add the $10 premium data fee and you're at $79.99 before any discounts you may find. As for your phone being "equally superior", I don't know what phone you have but I can say that every day I find more cool stuff my EVO is capable of. This phone has exceeded my expectations in every way.

I read that I would need a new plan and cannot go back to my current if I change
    *See above* If you are currently on one of their Everything plans then the only thing that will change is the extra $10. If you move to another phone that doesn't require the extra $10 then your plan will revert back to what you're paying now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Although the EVO is a technically impressive phone, the fact is that it runs Android, and it is just too cluttered for my taste.
    The beautiful thing about Android is it's customizability, it can be as clean or as cluttered as your tastes dictate. Below is a link to a few hundred pages of screen shots from EVO's. If you browse through you will see that it offeres almost limitless possibilities. Also the vast majority of customizations don't require root access for those that are concerned about rooting.

This is my first post here so I can't post links but here it is, just have to get rid of the extra spaces
    http : // forum. xda-developers.com / showthread.php ? t=686130
  14.    #14  
    well maybe the 89.99$ plan is for new customers. But it said there's no going back to my original plan. I'll put the link up after I check tis again.
  15.    #15  
    Because we’ve boosted your data experience with this phone’s amazing services and features, you’ll need our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on plus one of the plans below.

If you'd like to use your phone's Mobile Hotspot feature, don't forget to add our optional $29.99/mo. Mobile Hotspot add-on.

If you’re already a Sprint customer but have a different plan, you’ll have to change plans when you activate your device. Also, once you change your plan, you will not be able to change back to your old plan if we no longer sell it, even if you go back to your old phone.

PLAN PRICE TALK UNLIMITED MESSAGING UNLIMITED DATA
    (on our network)
    Simply Everything® $99.99 Unlimited on our network
    Everything Data 900 $89.99 900 Anytime Minutes
    Everything Data 450 $69.99 450 Anytime minutes
    Simply Everything® Family $189.99 Unlimited on our network
    Everything Data Family 3000 $169.99 3,000 Anytime minutes
    Everything Data Family 1500 $129.99 1,500 Anytime Minutes
    Business Advantage
    Messaging and Data $59.99-179.99 200-4,000 Anytime Minutes
  16.    #16  
    am I wrong? Changing plans seems like the only option they are giving you.
  17.    #17  
    am*
  18.    #18  
    sorry 69 not 89$ for 450. I currently have unlimited everything for 69$ inclu minutes.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Because we’ve boosted your data experience with this phone’s amazing services and features, you’ll need our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on plus one of the plans below.

If you'd like to use your phone's Mobile Hotspot feature, don't forget to add our optional $29.99/mo. Mobile Hotspot add-on.

If you’re already a Sprint customer but have a different plan, you’ll have to change plans when you activate your device. Also, once you change your plan, you will not be able to change back to your old plan if we no longer sell it, even if you go back to your old phone.

(on our network)
    Business Advantage
    That's the plan I have. You can no longer go back to your current plan if they no longer sell that plan. If you've been a customer for a while and your on a old plan that they no longer offer and you want to switch back from the EVO you won't be allowed to do that. If you are currently on an Everything plan (or any other plan the currently offer) and you want to switch back, you can. If you are currently on an everything plan then the only additional charge will be the extra $10.

(on our network)
    Business Advantage
    You're wrong, dude. ...if we no longer sell it... means that if they have discontinued the plan you're on when you go to switch back, then you can no longer switch back to it. Otherwise, if they're still offering it, you can. That does not say you can't switch back as a blanket statement. And it does not say the service costs $89.99. See the Everything Data 450 plan? You would be paying that $69.99/month (with your 10% discount, that's $62.99) + $10/month because it's an EVO 4G. So your bill, before taxes, would come to $72.99. Not sure how you arrived at your original figure, but whoever told you that is just plain wrong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast