Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    yeah I figured that. I just don't want to part with unlimited mobile to mobile. Not that I talk alot but it's nice to know you can. Plus I have no problems with my palm I just would like to try out the newest phone. Maybe I'll add a line an have 2 phones. Big baller! Lol (i think not)
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    don't forget all the other apps you will have access to, such as, office docs, speech to text, mint.com, and many many others......

I'm waiting for the evo to get back in stock and I'm out of here!
  3.    #23  
    I got my prices backwards. 89.99 was the lowest I remembered. Also I have unlimited minutes.

now if you were a company and you told customers you can no longer receive your old plan if you switch & if we no longer carry that promotion, wouldn't you cancel all plans that offer more or the the same for equal or lesser price?

I would guess it's safe to assume my current plan would be cancelled if I wanted to return.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    don't forget all the other apps you will have access to, such as, office docs, speech to text, mint.com, and many many others......

I'm waiting for the evo to get back in stock and I'm out of here!
    The beautiful thing is the apps. I'm going to school to be a nurse and out of my 7 home pages I have one set up for each thing I like to do, 1 for school stuff, 1 for system tools, 1 for games, 1 for entertainment (movies/music), and so on. I also have root access, I did it for wireless tether which I don't use very often but I like to know it's available when I want it and I don't feel like paying $30/month for the few times per year I might use it. If you look at xdadevelopers though, there are some people that use it as their home ISP.
    IMHO there is no point in paying for more than 450 minutes on everything plans since 450 is ONLY for landlines, calls to mobile phone on ANY network are free. Also these plans have nights starting at 7 pm.

I doubt anyone needs more than 450 minutes for landlines.
  6.    #26  
    so all call made to other mobile devices are free? And the amount of minutes that you are paying for only count towards landlines. It's this is true then it may not be that bad.
    Sprints everything family plans are much cheaper as well. For 2 lines it is $129.99 instead of $139.99 additional lines are 19.99 extra.

The employee referral program I referred to earlier costs $109.99 for 2 lines (+ $10/line for 4G devices). Additional lines on that program are $14.99.
  8.    #28  
    I just called sprint and you minutes count against landlines roaming and voicemail......... VOICEMAIL!!!! Your you kidding me wow! Not that it should be a huge chunk of your minutes but damn!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ausch30 - I'm glad you like your EVO so much but could I ask if you do love it as much as you so why you decided to join a Palm Pre/Pixi users forum? I'm not trying to be a Jerk, I'm just curious because it doesn't really make sense to me.

Also the information you provide to the OP about future of webOS devices was not true. HP has said multiple times the Palm name will remain for now and that they plan to bring webOS to multiple devices. They have also emphasized that smart phones will continue to be one of those devices.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    IMHO there is no point in paying for more than 450 minutes on everything plans since 450 is ONLY for landlines, calls to mobile phone on ANY network are free. Also these plans have nights starting at 7 pm.

I doubt anyone needs more than 450 minutes for landlines.
    Not to mention you can get a Google voice account and use your data connection to make free calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch30 View Post
    There will never be another Palm device, HP bought Palm. As for WebOS, at this point it is unclear what HP is going to do with it. It is believed that HP will use it in a line of Tablets.
    LOL. No offense but you might want to read around on these forums. Your data here is about 3 weeks old.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birchasr View Post
    Ausch30 - I'm glad you like your EVO so much but could I ask if you do love it as much as you so why you decided to join a Palm Pre/Pixi users forum? I'm not trying to be a Jerk, I'm just curious because it doesn't really make sense to me.

Also the information you provide to the OP about future of webOS devices was not true. HP has said multiple times the Palm name will remain for now and that they plan to bring webOS to multiple devices. They have also emphasized that smart phones will continue to be one of those devices.
    I was wondering the same myself, lol. I was actually googling something and came across this thread and there seemed to be some misinformation in it. Just thought a voice from a EVO user might help to clarify things.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    LOL. No offense but you might want to read around on these forums. Your data here is about 3 weeks old.
    My bad, You are correct, it's been several weeks since I've seen anything on the future plans for WebOS. I think it's a great platform, I just hope HP does the right thing with it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    I just called sprint and you minutes count against landlines roaming and voicemail......... VOICEMAIL!!!! Your you kidding me wow! Not that it should be a huge chunk of your minutes but damn!
    Use Google voice for your voicemail, it's free and it uses your data connection instead of your voice minutes.

Another note though: I love my phone but if I were in the market right now I might wait for phones like the Samsung Epic 4g to be released. There are some great phones being released in the next month or so.
    Last edited by ausch30; 07/29/2010 at 01:03 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch30 View Post
    Use Google voice for your voicemail, it's free and it uses your data connection instead of your voice minutes.

Another note though: I love my phone but if I were in the market right now I might wait for phones like the Samsung Epic 4g to be released. There are some great phones being released in the next month or so.
    checking it out now
    I believe this is universal among the carriers however have you used youmail? It is available on all platforms. On the PRE it provides visual voicemail thus negating the need to use airtime minutes (it is $4.00 I had bought it when it was 50% off) .

I believe visual voicemail is available on some Android devices (not sure about EVO). However if youmail has an app for it, it will take care of that problem.

For clarification youmail.com service is free (transcription is paid) and the app is basically a visual voice mail client. the $4 fee is for the app itself not the service.

Google voice is also good however I like youmail's options better. The ability to specify different greetings for each contact and using the contact name to greet them is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 07/29/2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: clarification
    I got my prices backwards. 89.99 was the lowest I remembered. Also I have unlimited minutes.

now if you were a company and you told customers you can no longer receive your old plan if you switch & if we no longer carry that promotion, wouldn't you cancel all plans that offer more or the the same for equal or lesser price?

I would guess it's safe to assume my current plan would be cancelled if I wanted to return.
    That's a risk you take.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12