1.    #1  
    My wife's Pre was having some issues. When charging on a touchstone, running Pandora and Sprint Navigation (very common combo for us) her phone gets really hot and the audio starts distorting. I called Sprint to get a price for out of warranty repair so I could file a claim through my credit card's extended warranty coverage. The Sprint rep told me that it was $79 for repair or $129 for replacement, but since the phone was replaced twice due to stuck headphone jack issues and the last time was March 2010, she would provide a free advanced replacement and I should expect the replacement within five days! Great service!

My wife wanted to do a 2yr contract renewal and get a Samsung Intercept, but I convinced her to wait until next year to see if HP comes out with a new WebOS phone or Google releases Android 3.x. I'm very patient with my Pre's frequent failings but after 3 replacements and countless "Too many card" errors and a slow camera, she's about had it. I think I only got her to stay because it happened so fast LOL.

-Jay
    Good to hear. Sprint has really upped their game over the last few years.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3.    #3  
    Guess I spoke too frickin soon. Never received the phone as promised. Called and they said the replacement order was cancelled, no reason given. We have to bring the phone to a service center, demonstrate the problem to them and pay $120... *** How can I demonstrate this without bringing the rep on a hour road trip with me? GRRrrr!!!
    hey Im very familar with the hardware and OS on the pre (had it since sprint launch and have done alpha testing on it for awhile). The phone with that combo will most likely always get a bit warm sorry to say, though to elimanate the Too many cards error all together install preware and I advise to apply one of the kernals, in paticular the F105 1ghz kernal. This kernal like most now, has a compache intergrated with it which elimnates the TMC error completly. I mean I have 50 cards open, with animated backgrounds on some, 3 3d games and navigations and never get that error. As well as the phone flys at 1ghz, with no hiccups at all. It will also speed up the cameria greatly.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    Guess I spoke too frickin soon. Never received the phone as promised. Called and they said the replacement order was cancelled, no reason given. We have to bring the phone to a service center, demonstrate the problem to them and pay $120... *** How can I demonstrate this without bringing the rep on a hour road trip with me? GRRrrr!!!
    Sprint service is horrible. You have another options - just buy the phone yourself in Market place, CL or ebay. What is the point of paying Sprint $120 + tax for a refurb garbage that they sell.

I'm actually about to contact consumerist Sprint hotline. My last experience with trying to swap out my Pixi was horrid. I had a blown speaker on my Pixi and replacement had the same problem. I went to a different sprint store and they made me jump through hoops. First they have this stupid policy of leaving your device for an hour while they "troubleshoot and attempt to fix the problem". That's a waste of time. They can't fix anything on these phones. After their 1 hour of waste time, they told me they have to order a replacement phone which would take 2 days to arrive. I asked them if I can get it delviered to my home address, they said no it has to be delivered to the store and you can come pick it up. So I waited 2 days, went back to the store and proceeded to get my new "refurb" pixi up and running. I went through the restore process and just as it finished, I decided to give it a test call. Same freaking blown speaker on new Pixi. After I blew up at the manager who told me "sorry nothing we can do, we have to order another one, he then changed his tune and got a brand new refurb from the back storage area which they had all along. What is the point of this whole exercise if they have these phones on site.
  6.    #6  
    @wellwellwell11, I would expect it to get warm but this was getting so hot the audio played distorted. Worked well when we kept an AC vent pointed at it. Her "too many cards" errors are ridiculous. I'm running 3d games and homebrew and she gets them 20 times more than I do. Even after a doctor, they popped up within a hour of basic use. I think the overheating fried some RAM.

Sprint reps, on the most part, have no idea what is going on, we got so many different stories, it must be a problem with their tools.

Finally got this resolved. After many sprint reps finally got a manager/supervisor who offered my wife a new phone with no fees and no bump in our contract. She was tired of replacing Pres (3rd one) so she opted for a Moment which they shipped next day air.

I enjoyed playing with a new phone and have a little app envy, but when my wife said I could get an Epic with my early Premiere upgrade I replied that their is no phone I'd rather have than (a working) Palm Pre, except a Palm Pre Plus

-Jay
  7.    #7  
    Wow, wife's not a happy camper. Her new Moment has some well known CDMA lockup / Airplane mode bug with no fix. I asked her if she missed he Pre yet and got reamed out. I guess the temporary resolution will be to replace it with a refurb (more unhappines). I predict a migration to AT&T or Verizon(hopefully) so she can get an iPhone when our contract is up.

I was looking for a stable feature phone for her with the most features but the iPhone will probably be a good middle point.

-Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    Wow, wife's not a happy camper. Her new Moment has some well known CDMA lockup / Airplane mode bug with no fix. I asked her if she missed he Pre yet and got reamed out. I guess the temporary resolution will be to replace it with a refurb (more unhappines). I predict a migration to AT&T or Verizon(hopefully) so she can get an iPhone when our contract is up.

I was looking for a stable feature phone for her with the most features but the iPhone will probably be a good middle point.

-Jay
    Be careful with AT&T. I had them for years and just switched to Sprint. When you are in a good area, AT&T is great, but otherwise, signal strength and dropped calls can be a nightmare. Now that I have switched to Sprint, I have seen much better coverage. Also, I live in the So Cal area so take it for what it is worth. AT&T could have better coverage in you area....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken