1.    #1  
    Here’s some great news out of the Sprint camp. In Q2 of 2010, Sprint added (yes, added) 111,000 postpaid subscribers to its CDMA network and had the lowest churn rate in company history, 1.85% for the quarter. This is the first time in three years that Sprint had positive net wireless subscriber growth. The company did post a net loss of $760 million or $0.25 per share. Dan Hesse, Sprint Nextel’s CEO, had this to say: “Our intense focus for the past ten quarters on improving the customer experience, strengthening our brands, and generating cash are paying off. With strong cash flow, stable OIBDA and widespread third-party recognition for the improvements we’re making in the customer experience, which in turn strengthens our brands, we feel we can confidently improve our subscriber forecasts for the second half of 2010 and deliver positive total net wireless subscriber additions for the remainder of the year.” Sprint also reminded you that their 4G service will be rolling out to eight new markets during Q3, including: Boston, Kansas City, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Nice work Sprint.

COURTSY OF BOY GENIUS REPORT
    Sprint Q2: additional 111,000 postpaid accounts, best churn rate in company history « Boy Genius Report
    I know that's supposed to be good news for Sprint, but it's a painful quarterly report to read:
    - A $.75 Billion dollar loss in 90 days.
    - A 90-day net subscriber gain that is only 75% as big as the daily signup of Android phone users in this industry.
    - A record breaking (for Sprint) churn rate that still lags far behind the leaders.

Ouch!
    So, PreCentral has no qualms about posting bad news articles about Sprint losing money and losing subscribers (which has nothing to do with Pre other than Sprint carries them):

http://www.precentral.net/sprints-q3...ll-pretty-grim

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-pos...bscribers-gone

http://www.precentral.net/surprise-s...mers-and-money

But, when Sprint actually GAINS subscribers (mostly because of the HTC EVO and not the Pre), PreCentral is deathly quiet:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...second-quarter

I would suggest that is you are going to report on carrier financial health in bad times, you should do it in good times too.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/28/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Agreed.

However, I also agree that it makes no sense for Precentral to report on how any of the carriers are doing as far as subscriber numbers as it is irrelevant unless they have specific numbers that relate directly to Pre\Pixi subscribers. Otherwise, who cares?
  5.    #5  
    of course compared to verizon 1.4million and At&T 1.6million subscribers added its nothing, but the idea as stated was to stop the bleeding first which they finally did. I believe with the rest of the 6 to 8 4G phones coming this year they will continue to make huge subscriber gains. Just think yes Verizon is launching 4G, but wont have neither the lineup of phones as sprint, or the pricing, or options (like anytime any mobile) as sprint. So most people will still choose sprint over Verizon. AT&T loosing the iphone next year will plumet the carrier, so look for sprint to move into the 2nd spot in years to come.
    Cool, didn't know this forum existed....
    That's because the editor's of Pre Central hates Sprint, they have a strong bias against Sprint...because the Pre was exclusive to Sprint for so long, how this is Sprint's fault.....I never understood it myself.....and it seems Sprint is still the only carrier that can sell Pre's which is why everyone else has to give them away and Sprint still charges 149.99

but Sprint (minus Nextel, where all the losses are still happing) posted 940K in additional subs alot closer to Verizon....

and didnt Verizon post a cash loss as well for Q2????? Plus Sprint had a increase in Free Cash Flow, how are they "Losing Money" exactly???
    graph and dates correlate with palm pre release?
    Sprint Grows In Subscribers For the First Time In 3 Years
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So, PreCentral has no qualms about posting bad news articles about Sprint losing money and losing subscribers (which has nothing to do with Pre other than Sprint carries them):

http://www.precentral.net/sprints-q3...ll-pretty-grim

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-pos...bscribers-gone

http://www.precentral.net/surprise-s...mers-and-money

But, when Sprint actually GAINS subscribers (mostly because of the HTC EVO and not the Pre), PreCentral is deathly quiet:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...second-quarter

I would suggest that is you are going to report on carrier financial health in bad times, you should do it in good times too.
    Did you bother to report it to PreCentral staff as a news tip? Go to bottom of the front page, select contact us, select News Tip as the category and provide them with the link and the details.
  10.    #10  
    well looking at the numbers with the pre first on sprint they not only broke the sells record, not only sold over 900k pres from june to sept, they also have sold the most between all the carriers. Forget the fact they had it 6 months prior, because sprints verison is crippled compared to the verizon and AT&T verison. They can afford to sell it for 149 because surprise they are still selling, and dont have excess inventory. As I posted a month ago too, when I asked sprints execs about the releationship with Palm and sprint, they advised me that it is still very very strong, and will continue to not only carry Palm products but support them completly. So even if people like or dislike Sprint, I'm glad they are getting the respect they deserve, and numbers don't lie. Really AT&T would still be cingular would it not be for the iphone which consist of 90% of their sales and postpaid accounts since 2007. When the iphone moves to other carriers watch AT&T drop, and drop fast. Even as of last year sprints amounts for 3 times the data, and coverage area then AT&T (so does Verizon) the reason why you will never hear Sprint or Verizon complain about data usage from customers. I've had 3 lines with Sprint since 1997 and have never had a issue with service, customer service, rates, or products and support so to me people who bad mouth sprint have never had them (like the people do the palm pre) and just follow what other people say. Congrates SPRINT YOU DESERVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    That's because the editor's of Pre Central hates Sprint, they have a strong bias against Sprint...because the Pre was exclusive to Sprint for so long, how this is Sprint's fault.....
    ??Wha? Considering the fantastic relationship P|C has with Sprint, I'm sure this is a news story in itself.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ??Wha? Considering the fantastic relationship P|C has with Sprint, I'm sure this is a news story in itself.
    yeah i myself have never heard the editor, or anyone who writes for precentral bias against sprint. This is news to me, and I don't think PC has any issues with sprint whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Did you bother to report it to PreCentral staff as a news tip? Go to bottom of the front page, select contact us, select News Tip as the category and provide them with the link and the details.

No I didn't, seeing as how Dieter writes all the time over on AndroidCentral, I assumed that the P|C people would be aware of this, he has written 5 articles in July alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah i myself have never heard the editor, or anyone who writes for precentral bias against sprint. This is news to me, and I don't think PC has any issues with sprint whatsoever.
    Listen to the PalmCast sometimes....deiter keith and derek are always bashing the hell outta Sprint....i just could never figure out why