1.    #1  
    If I can see on my device that the signal strenght is fluctuating in dBM's it means that its the cell tower that is fluctuating right? This is coming from the tower and not being generated by my phone instead.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Your phone maintains two way connection to cell towers... if it were simply a receiver and not a transceiver you wouldn't be able to talk only listen. Your signal stength is is calculated as a function of the two.
  3.    #3  
    ok thanks,
    but if I can see that the devce is seeing a fluctuating signal of -70 to -90 this points towards a tower issue right.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    actually nop, no issue that is the exact value of fluctuation you should have.
    -70 to -90.
    more likely the pathloss between you and the tower has changed. Radio is a tricky beast. Search the forum for minidm. This will show what you need.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    more likely the pathloss between you and the tower has changed. Radio is a tricky beast. Search the forum for minidm. This will show what you need.
    Ok thanks, I got jun a good topic and want to know if when looking at dBM value was coming from the tower.