Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I have been wanting to do this for a while.
    After seeing that the comm board from a verizon pixi can be placed in a sprint pixi and work just fine (with the minor exception of navigation) I want to do the same transplant with a pre plus and pre to get the extra ram and memory on a sprint pre.

    I have yet to find a cheap pre plus for parts, so i havent begun this experiment yet. I have a spare pre, waiting to go.

    I havent found anywhere that tells where the memory and ram are located on the pre/pre plus.
    But i would imagine that a simple either system or comm board swap will do the trick.
    Then i need to get it up and running on sprint.

    What are everyones thoughts?
  2. #2  
    Someone did that with a pre plus the other day.. Put the Sprint com board into a Pre Plus that is
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedihelp View Post
    I have been wanting to do this for a while.
    After seeing that the comm board from a verizon pixi can be placed in a sprint pixi and work just fine (with the minor exception of navigation) I want to do the same transplant with a pre plus and pre to get the extra ram and memory on a sprint pre.

    I have yet to find a cheap pre plus for parts, so i havent begun this experiment yet. I have a spare pre, waiting to go.

    I havent found anywhere that tells where the memory and ram are located on the pre/pre plus.
    But i would imagine that a simple either system or comm board swap will do the trick.
    Then i need to get it up and running on sprint.

    What are everyones thoughts?
    I hope you'll be able to accomplish this task. Good luck!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Someone did that with a pre plus the other day.. Put the Sprint com board into a Pre Plus that is
    Do you have a link, or video of this?
  5. #5  
    I swear I am not crazy. Did I mix up the Pixi wifi swap for this? I swear it was on the forums here, but I can't find it. Maybe I need more sleep. Help me!!
  6.    #6  
    it is one of the main articles of today, a pixi plus comm board was put into a sprint pixi. This enabled wifi on the sprint pre.
    however: the main point of that demonstration is to show that the parts are nerely identicle.

    what I lack knowledge of is what pices contain the memory- the systtem or comm board. This changes what happens with the transplant, as the pixi worked fine on a sprint system board using the pixi plus comm board. If the memory & ram are on the system board, I will essentially still have a verizon phone, not sprint.

    does anyone have further knowledge about cdma that can clarify what to do?
  7. #7  

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy!!

    Hmm... perhaps this is the answer to my blown speaker... swap my radio board into a Pre Plus...
  9. #9  
    can someone please tell me if the sprint pre is capable of gettin wifi, and if possible how
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zfomby View Post
    can someone please tell me if the sprint pre is capable of gettin wifi, and if possible how
  11. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zfomby View Post
    can someone please tell me if the sprint pre is capable of gettin wifi, and if possible how
    you do a swipe down from the top right of the phones screen. Then select wifi and turn it on.
  12. #12  
    how do you quote in a reply
  13. #13  
    I thought there was a patch to make it a mobile hotspot...
  14.    #14  
    There is no "patch" to make it a mobile hotspot.
    There is a way to do it once you have "Rooted" the phone, different than harmless preware patched.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    how do you quote in a reply
    First, press the "quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. A reply box will open with the quoted language at the top. You can edit the quoted language (e.g., to pare it down to the relevant language), but be sure to leave in the quote brackets at the beginning and the end.

Posting Permissions