Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lately, for maybe the past week, I've been having a problem with signal strength, primarily here at home.

Until now, I've almost always had full signal strength... now it generally hovers right around the 1 bar mark, which is causing an increase in battery drain. I'm now losing around %20 or so overnight, compared to maybe 6 or 8% prior.

No new patches that could've caused the issue.

Is there a way to reset or update the phone radio, or whichever radio handles signal strength?

<<Mod Edit>>

VZW PRL update, dial *228 then choose option #2
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/21/2010 at 07:58 PM.
    On the idle screen, swipe down upper-right-hand corner and turn on airplane mode. Leave it like that for a few minutes, then switch it back.

The problem could also be at the signal tower near your home, and if so, all you could do is wait for your carrier to fix it.
    Try updating the PRL (Preferred Roming List) in your device. Open the phone application and go into the Preferences. There's a button in there for updating the PRL.
    You could try updating your network settings (dialer, preferences, update network settings).
  5.    #5  
    The only thing I'm seeing under network is Voice Network (choices are automatic or Verizon... set to Verizon) and Data Roaming (enable or disable.. set to disable).
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    The only thing I'm seeing under network is Voice Network (choices are automatic or Verizon... set to Verizon) and Data Roaming (enable or disable.. set to disable).
    In the phone menu, go to preferences. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and you will see the options. I agree with SilvrDrgn and bevcraw. Updating these settings may help. I would reboot your phone after doing so.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    [IMG]

Am I missing something here?
    Well, now we can call you and discuss it, lol. You left your number showing to the whole world. You might want to fix that.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Well, now we can call you and discuss it, lol. You left your number showing to the whole world. You might want to fix that.
    lol good catch.

I'm boring, though.. no need to call me lol
    The update PRL and network settings that they're talking about is for Sprint phones. It looks like it might be different for VZ phones, even though they're both CDMA.
    lol good catch.

I'm boring, though.. no need to call me lol
    Ok, lol.
  11.    #12  
    Ahh... so I'm SOL then?

I tried powering down and pulling the battery.. but as you can see from the shots, it's sitting at 2 bars (improvement! lol).
    Ahh... so I'm SOL then?

I tried powering down and pulling the battery.. but as you can see from the shots, it's sitting at 2 bars (improvement! lol).
    Stick around, i'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for here soon enough.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Am I missing something here?
    Yes and no ... the people giving advice have been on Sprint. We have two additional option groups below "Accessibility" ... one for "Update Network Settings" and one for "Update PRL". From your screenshot, it's clear that Verizon doesn't have the same options as Sprint, but perhaps Verizon moved those settings (or something similar) into a different application or perhaps those options are available through one of ## codes that are specific to Verizon?
    Hmmm. Didn't know that was for Sprint only. If I were you, I would call Verizon and try to get their femtocell Wireless Extender. I recently moved into an area with spotty Sprint coverage, and got an Airave for free. AT&T seems to be randomly giving theirs away. I'm sure if you're polite but persistent you can get the same from Verizon.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    That would blow if you don't have the option to update the PRL/network yourself. I was in San Diego a few months ago and my buddy's Pre was having a horrific time with data access downtown. After a quick PRL/network update everything was better.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i was having bad signal strength too (think it was contributing to my terrible battery life) so i update prl/network & now i'm back to normal! woohoo.
  17.    #18  
    Ok, I found the PRL update.

For Verizon: dial *228 then choose option #2.

Now bouncing back and forth between 3 and 4 bars.
    Ok, I found the PRL update.

For Verizon: dial *228 then choose option #2.

Now bouncing back and forth between 3 and 4 bars.
    <<Thread Renamed and Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast