1.    #1  
    Check Engadget there is an article saying that is is very likely that we will have capped data.

I personally don't use much data since I have WiFi but Verizon is taking a step backwards here.

I would switch to Sprint but I'm on my parents plan and we get a discount through my Moms job so were not leaving so I'm stuck with Verizon.
    Tiers are OK if they price it right. AT&T is a joke at 2GB for $25 when they had unlimited at $30. That's chopping off about 60% of your allotment(people say you really got capped at 5GB), but not reflecting that in the price. They need to give more data or cut the price. Plus tethering costs are a big joke on AT&T.

I'd love to see Verizon give 3GB or more at $25. Plus tethering with either more data and/or at a more reasonable cost than AT&T. Just to stick it to AT&T like they did with the maps, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My wife is due for a new phone come aug 9, she will be upgrading to a smartphone...trying my hardest to get her to purchase a palm phone, but neither palm (pre plus is 6 months old, pixi only has 2 mp camera) nor vzw (crippling gps, total lack of support for palm) are helping me tip her in favor of a webos device on vzw...too bad hpalm will not come out with a device next month.

regardless, I digress.

I would like to know how this data cap has affected att users with smartphones. Regardless of what smartphone my wife gets on vzw, I don't think 2 gb would be adequate for any smartphone. Or is it?
    15 bucks for 2gigs would be fantastic (and be reasonable for a price cut). Im on sprint but I use <700mb a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    My wife is due for a new phone come aug 9, she will be upgrading to a smartphone...trying my hardest to get her to purchase a palm phone, but neither palm (pre plus is 6 months old, pixi only has 2 mp camera) nor vzw (crippling gps, total lack of support for palm) are helping me tip her in favor of a webos device on vzw...too bad hpalm will not come out with a device next month.

regardless, I digress.

I would like to know how this data cap has affected att users with smartphones. Regardless of what smartphone my wife gets on vzw, I don't think 2 gb would be adequate for any smartphone. Or is it?
    Def not adequate for me. I have to rely on 3G since I only have access to WiFi at school and not my house.

Oh with regards to AT&T, some users have seen data charges (some significant) every night that only goes over 3G, even if they have WiFi enabled.
    hmmm, is that problem only with palm phones or all att smartphones?

what is att's over limit charge?
    I do not like the idea of the data cap, What incentive do i have for it. I will be checking my bandwith constantly even if i am in wifi 90% of the time. If they would guarantee that they will be increasing their service coverage for 3G and the speed of the service in all of the area. All the current plans for data caps are good for lining the pockets of CEOs
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hmmm, is that problem only with palm phones or all att smartphones?

what is att's over limit charge?
    you buy data in chunks.
    If youre on the 15 dollar 200mb plan and use 205mb, you get charged 30 bucks.
    If youre on the 30 dollar plan 2000mb plan and use 2005mb, you get charged 60 bucks. kinda crazy.
    I found out today that Sprint is doing this too with its wireless data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I found out today that Sprint is doing this too with its wireless data plan.
    source?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $sprint$ $has$ $an$ $unspoken$ $5gb$ $cap$
    And in the latest Premier mailer, they listed Unlimited in the Everything plan description. So....who knows?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    and so does berizom sorry my pre is brokem and hae to use the omscreen boardf amd back button womt qwork yeah pore build qualiuty
    im not sure if youre trying to make a joke. I lold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    you buy data in chunks.
    If youre on the 15 dollar 200mb plan and use 205mb, you get charged 30 bucks.
    If youre on the 30 dollar plan 2000mb plan and use 2005mb, you get charged 60 bucks. kinda crazy.
    Actually, if you are on the $25.00 plan and you use 2005Mb, you get charged $35.00, which gives you a total of 3GB that month. There is no more $30.00 plan unless you are grandfathered in, in which case you get unlimited, which I am lucky enough to have, which is good since I used over 6GB last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    source?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $sprint$ $has$ $an$ $unspoken$ $5gb$ $cap$
    Yep, that's the one. Before, my 3G plan (c.2008) was unlimited. Not happy about that. What a way to win customer support. Nice going, Sprint.